“Great Mexican restaurant just across the border”
Review of Paso Del Norte

Paso Del Norte
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Blaine
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is very tasty, service can be slow if you arrive for a late lunch. But overall very good. I have been there two weekends in a row and will be going back again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went there on a Friday night at six pm, meeting a group of about twenty. The restaurant at that point wasn't crowded but it took awhile to get drink orders. There were chips, salsa, and some sort of onion/pepper dry salsa on the table to snack on. The chips weren't stale but I got the impression they weren't fresh from the fryer. The dry salsa was a bit of a mystery. I forked a little onto the chips. It was ok but nothing special. The regular salsa was also ok, but didn't impress me as in-house. There were not enough menus for everyone. As I said, the restaurant was not that busy at that point. How can you not have enough menus? There's alot to choose from and it takes awhile to go thru all the pages. I chose the lamb fajitas. They came within a reasonable amount of time, altho I did have to wait for the tortillas to go with. The lamb/pepper/onion mix was served on a sizzling cast iron skillet and had a good flavor. The additional platter of toppings looked like it had been pulled off an indifferent buffet line--lots of shredded iceberg, some sour cream, refried beans, and rice. I would have liked an additonal bowl of salsa to scoop on top. My neighbors had burgers and they didn't look that great. They didn't complain about the taste but it seemed a sort of generic diner kind of burger platter. The waiter never came around to refill my drink (a cola) and didn't seem too attentive to our tables. He didn't come around and ask how our food was or did we need refills, etc. I really wouldn't want to go back. I can get better Mexican food from a Taco Bell and not expect any kind of service. Like I said, maybe it was an off night, but they weren't busy. How can you not have enough menus.....????

2  Thank OscarAlphaKilo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The food is good, portions generous and the prices reasonable.

A must stop everytime I pass through Blaine.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Cold Saturday so thought we'd warm up with a Mexican lunch . Chose this place based upon Tripadvisor reviews as well as others. Warm greeting, prompt seating. Drinks came quickly along with the Fajita plate and Enchalatas. Both very good and large portions. Won't go away hungry. Service was excellent , provided by both servers working the room. Bright , cheerful and lots of photo's of happy customers- worth a quick look.
Yes, we will return.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Every time the hubs and I eat here we are pleased with our meals. From the authentic chips and pico de gallo starter to our main meals, we are never disappointed. Carlos even patiently puts up with us remedial Spanish speakers! A great place for large groups, including kids.

Been to Paso Del Norte? Share your experiences!