“Great all round”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Went for dinner with hubby, 3 children and baby. Staff were VERY welcoming, food was VERY reasonable (used the appetiser and 2 entrees for $20), came VERY quickly and tasted good. Server brought sling for baby car seat to go on, colouring stuff for the kids, and was VERY attentive.
As we were leaving we were thanked for visiting and received farewells from our server and the hostess.
(Never been to an Applebee's before, seen the ad's on TV and like the "Welcome Back" slogan - wondered if they were going to be that good and they were. We have since been back to another Applebee's on our road trip, and will likely return in the future.)

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Applebee's has a nice variety of food options to please almost anybody. We do the curbside pickup quite often, which is quick and easy. Love the confetti chicken, and my husband's favorite is the cowboy burger!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Got a gift card, so we thought we would give them a try.

Food was decent, but the appetizer was better. Service was good, place was clean and well kept.

The food was average at best, for chicken penne, the chicken was over-grilled, tasted like it was packaged, not fresh, Alfredo sauce tasted like it was from a jar, bought across the street at the grocery store. Tasted like something I would throw together at home if I was in a hurry. The breadstick that came with it was much better and tasted freshly baked.

If I want an average dinner I will choose this over Denny's.

1  Thank KJ9000
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've travel all over this country and I must admit Applebees was usually my last option. This one is different, parking is great, wonderful atmosphere, awesome food but what makes this one special, is the people that work there and come there. Go there and see for yourself. Eat, drink, and leave with a great attitude.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We like to come here from time to time. You can get a decent priced meal. Though I do think the food is a little processed tasting, but not bad. We enjoyed the lounge a lot better "before" their remodel. They used to have these large plants as a buffer between us in the lounge and the restaurant. They did away with that and now there is no separation between the lounge and restaurant. This is too bad, because the restaurant is full of all the families with their young children. The plants used to give us a little privacy and buffer us from the restaurant noise, but not anymore. It feels like a large open space. Any bit of intimacy we may have felt in the lounge is now gone. In fact, when we sit in the lounge now, we can hear all the conversations of the table behind us in the restaurant, as I'm sure they can hear us. Nowadays, we mostly go to Bonefish across the street, where there is a much more intimate feel, plus great food. We will still check in on Applebees' from time to time, to see if they bring the large plants back, or something similar. We did mention this issue to the manager last year, but will see if he has any pull over corporate.