“Lots of choices for lunch, delicious and good service”

Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 193 Restaurants in Bothell
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were a group of women from work who enjoyed a farewell luncheon on a Friday. We all ordered something different - fish, a burger, pasta, and a personal pizza. All were delicous, served hot and pretty quickly. We were seated in the bar area and requested that the volume of the music be turned down a bit, and they were very accommodating. I was surprised though, that I was charged for a second lemonade (no refills) when the bill came. There was a delivery truck parked in the handicapped area when we arrived, so we parked close by - it did not seem to be an issue. Will return again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Two of us had lunch last weekend. The waiter was terrific at being there for us at appropriate times. He didn't interrupt us or make himself obnoxiously present. He also dealt with an error on my part (ordering a meal I thought was vegetarian but wasn't) without question and beyond my expectation. The food was tasty and fresh, the atmosphere very comfortable and the service was wonderful. I will go there again.
The only reason I rate the food a 4 rather than a 5 was for its lack of variety for a vegetarian.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our party with a young child dined at Preservation Kitchen for brunch. The grounds were noticeably landscaped. We were immediately greeted by a young man, then seated in an area with a view towards the front of the restaurant. The building appears to be of another era, with creaking floors, yet with a well-preserved updated interior and exterior.

Our server, Tish, was amazing, with just the perfect amount of attentiveness. The brunch was certainly set apart from the usual brunch menu items that are all too common at many other establishments. I found the uniqueness plesing to the palate. The portions are quite generous. So, I recommend going hungry or prepare to box up leftovers.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

On the pricey side but was a great dining experience. I had the Wild Boar which was very tasty. Everyone at the table had a different entree and all were delicious. Our Seattle family took us their for my husband's birthday. Staff and surroundings were great.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I've now been to this restaurant three times over the last couple of years. Twice with my husband, most recently just for drinks in the "new" Ale House with friends.

The fist time we came, the service was horrible. To the point we thought they had literally forgot about us and gave us some story about how our first meal was burned so they had to start over? And we got a certificate for a free dinner, so they obviously knew how bad it was too. The second time we figured we had a free meal and one of our favorite waitresses from another restaurant had moved over there, so we thought we'd give it another try. Once again, horrible service (we weren't in our favorite waitresses' section)! Apologetic, but still...sitting and just waiting to order, waiting for your food, waiting for a drink refill, waiting for the check is just painful.

Last month we decided to try the "new" Ale House because we liked it when it was in downtown Bothell. We sat with a friend in the bar and again, the service was awful! This time to the point that we flagged down the hostess to see if she could help us out because the bartender appeared to be avoiding our table. Once again, we got a card for a free appetizer if we wanted to come back because they recognized how bad it was. No thanks, I think three times is not the charm with this place. It's so cute, I was really hoping they could pull their act together.

Honestly, the only reason it doesn't get a "terrible" rating is because the food is pretty good. But not enough to save the poor service :(