Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Bellingham, Washington
“Ok for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at ESA and we expected a little more. There was no ice available, and was told we needed to fill the ice cube tray, which was no where to be found, so I went next door to McDonald. Bed ok, bath/shower ok. Breakfast is truly "grab and go" except I had to wait for coffee.....muffins, oatmeal and coffee, no juice. Basic internet speed is ok. Ok place, but we probably won't stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not have an ice tray and that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. As we continue to make improvements to our hotel, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

There was no instant oatmeal for breakfast on memorial day weekend...again the manager and cooperate office have cut back so much at this hotel that they don't have things they advertise as having. there is no hot breakfast as advertised...no pool open yet because they shut the heater off which makes the ph go off the chart..the pool is supposed to be fixed and usable soon though because the manager was forced to turn heater bk on and keep the pool clean and balanced. No shampoo or dishwasher soap...not to mention there is no engineer or mechanics to repair things. this property is charging the same as other hotels in the area but offers very little. the cleaning staff however is very polite and helpful as possible, The drug dealers and users r constantly rigging the back door so anyone can come and go as they lease all night...very noisy...and no one does anything to stop it. this is not a safe place inn back of building. two years ago this was a good property....but this cooperation is obviously headed to bankruptcy court or already in it. Its too bad

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Craig - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we strive to provide our guests with all of the comforts of home, and will continue to make improvements as needed. I also promise that we do not condone any illegal behavior, and will be looking your comments, taking action as needed. We take guest safety very seriously and will continue to pursue providing a safe environment for all of our guests to enjoy.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at sbt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at this location for a long period of time, the staff made me feel at home they always took very good care of us and address any issues we had right away. Karen was amazing always went out of her way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Marcene - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided, especially Karen. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, sbt@extendedstay.com. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kenmore, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Even before entering the building we could see that the place was not well cared for. It felt very " lived in" and uncomfortable. The receptionist was very unprofessional and asked us to many personal questions. We decided to give the room a try and felt uneasy about the space. It smelled like strong cleaning supplies and the windows were dirty. We were unable to stay the night because it was to strange. To top it off we were unable to receive a refund because it was after 6:00pm and the room was reserved with Expedia. Expedia was very friendly on the phone but was unable to convince the hotel to refund our money. Stay Away!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Cynthia - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. I do hope that you will contact me directly, at dkarsky@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed only for 2 nights, having visited a friend in Bothell. We had an apartment with hot stove and some cooking facilities which we did not used. We are impressed with the cleanliness of the motel. Although not far from the road it was not noisy at all. Probably not too many eating places in the area but if you have a car, it would be fine. We got a very good rate from hotwire, only after the booking we found out that we got this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This chain of hotels not only lacks customer service all the way around, but they clearly forget that "extended stay" is in their brand name & make those, especially families, whom may be transitioning to a new area less than comfortable, while their amenities prove to be useful for such transition; their staff & management seem to be completely clueless as to what it means to offer hospitality! If you can avoid this place, go elsewhere... I will do all I can go can the word out to everyone, no one should have to go through what I have during an already stressful time with moving, to have this horrible of a hotel experience - hands down THE WORST hotel you could choose to stay!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dlw413
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Our house is being redone so we needed a hotel close to our daughters school. Apprehensive at first I mean what kind of fun stuff can a 7 yr old do at a hotel? But oh my gosh! First of all when it snowed and I couldn't get her to school the shuttle driver was happy to take her and 2 days before Christmas when I still needed stocking stuffers again the shuttle driver dropped me off and picked me up when I was done! Then at midnight on Christmas eve when I finally got her asleep and had a ton of wrapping still to do I went down to the lobby and Rebecca the girl working nites started coffee for me!!!

There's so much more I can't fit into this post so please if your looking for a family friendly hotel please please read my other reviews of extended stay America deluxe canyon park!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is so rewarding to read about the different ways our staff made your stay better, including offering extra shuttle service and brewing you coffee late at night. Thank you for sharing, and I will be sure to share with our entire team. We hope your house is even better than before!