“You may or may not get what you expected when you actually arrive”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Reviewed 5 July 2014

With a family of 6, it's not always easy to find one room that will accommodate our large family and do it economically. However, this one was going to be large enough, affordable and not too terribly far from Seattle which was a win-win-win. Upon check-in we were dismayed to learn that they weren't going to be able to put us in the one room we had reserved and instead would have to split us up into 2 rooms. Bummer...our children don't like being apart in the evenings, but the hotel did do this at the same price as the one room so we weren't stinkers about it and went ahead and stayed. Um well...we had to ask for towels and bedding which not a huge deal, but a bit of a nuisance. Okay...whatever - - now it's time to shower after a long day of flying from Texas to Seattle and sightseeing all afternoon. My son steps into the shower and comes out very soon thereafter letting me know that I may have to wait a while as the shower won't drain - ick!! Well, it never did drain so I had to use the 2nd room (hmm...I guess that worked out after all to have a "back up" for an icky bathroom). Fine, we've not gotten through the night and are all ready to grab some breakfast before heading out for a full day. Ah-oh...the pictures were not at all what we actually got. They show a large amount of fresh fruit, muffins, breakfast bars, oatmeal, and beverages. Um, no...what we had while there were a few breakfast bars or muffins, no fruit and no oatmeal. When looking at prices of hotel rooms, we factor in whether or not breakfast is included as we will spend about $20-$30 to feed our family breakfast if it's not included and unfortunately with their paltry offerings, we did indeed have to head out each morning for breakfast. So, overall...an okay stay in a mostly clean room and decent location but just beware of the things that may be a little off before booking. Okay...the big positive - the front desk help were very kind and courteous which really does help a lot in these situations! So, instead of this room being a win-win-win, it just ended up being a win. I have learned that it can always be worse and this room was no where near our worst ;)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here while in bothell for my niece's graduation. Our reservations were Not correct and there was not another room available in the entire area. We decided to just stay and stick it out. James at the front desk was incredibly helpful with accomadating and making our trip feel special. Even with the lobby full of guests he made a great effort in helping us. The room was very pleasant and the suite set up made you feel at home. Will stay again if in the area.

1  Thank Jillian L
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Reservations were made three weeks in advance for a non-smoking room on the first floor. When we arrived, we were told that they had overbooked and only had a smoking room on the third floor available. The staff argued with each other and ignored us at the front desk. The whole experience was a nightmare!

3  Thank rolland40
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband, 3 month old and I stayed here for 3 nights. We probably will never stay here again unless every other hotel in the area is booked up. Every time we had to go to the front desk for anything (Check in, get more towels) we had to wait an extremely long time. Both times the attendant was on the phone, acknowledged that they could see and still continued with their conversation. I lost my patience when she started talking about softball circuits and pool bbqs with the person on the phone instead of politely putting them on hold to see what it was I needed. They also ran out of breakfast on Monday morning by 7am, which was only just prepackaged muffins.

The room was decently clean and the price was ok.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was our first stay at ESA and we expected a little more. There was no ice available, and was told we needed to fill the ice cube tray, which was no where to be found, so I went next door to McDonald. Bed ok, bath/shower ok. Breakfast is truly "grab and go" except I had to wait for coffee.....muffins, oatmeal and coffee, no juice. Basic internet speed is ok. Ok place, but we probably won't stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not have an ice tray and that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. As we continue to make improvements to our hotel, we will keep your feedback in mind.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

There was no instant oatmeal for breakfast on memorial day weekend...again the manager and cooperate office have cut back so much at this hotel that they don't have things they advertise as having. there is no hot breakfast as advertised...no pool open yet because they shut the heater off which makes the ph go off the chart..the pool is supposed to be fixed and usable soon though because the manager was forced to turn heater bk on and keep the pool clean and balanced. No shampoo or dishwasher soap...not to mention there is no engineer or mechanics to repair things. this property is charging the same as other hotels in the area but offers very little. the cleaning staff however is very polite and helpful as possible, The drug dealers and users r constantly rigging the back door so anyone can come and go as they lease all night...very noisy...and no one does anything to stop it. this is not a safe place inn back of building. two years ago this was a good property....but this cooperation is obviously headed to bankruptcy court or already in it. Its too bad

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Craig - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we strive to provide our guests with all of the comforts of home, and will continue to make improvements as needed. I also promise that we do not condone any illegal behavior, and will be looking your comments, taking action as needed. We take guest safety very seriously and will continue to pursue providing a safe environment for all of our guests to enjoy.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at sbt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at this location for a long period of time, the staff made me feel at home they always took very good care of us and address any issues we had right away. Karen was amazing always went out of her way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Marcene - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided, especially Karen. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, sbt@extendedstay.com. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!