“Nice hotel, good customer facing staff, the rest needs work”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel seems almost to be a separate property from the casino and food service. We had a garden view (parking log) Jacuzzi suite that would rival any, and the price was right. Nice suite. Living room with couch, nice chair and flat screen TV, and pass-through fireplace to the King bedroom with the best hotel spa/bath we've found. Nice bed and TV in the bedroom. Staff were attentive, the room was clean and serviceable. The casino was much too smokey and the slots were pretty outdated. Market Buffet had great service and sad food. The only decent place to eat, Five Onion Grill had a very limited menu and hours. We like this kind of getaway, but won't go back here unless we hear of improvements.

2  Thank MiketheTraveler53

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had booked a room on a Thursday at the $79 rate for Rewards card members, but when we arrived, was told my reservation was for Friday. But at no extra cost, we were upgraded to suites, which are large rooms at the far end of the hotel. How nice was that! We stayed two nights, and had breakfast each day at the Five Onion Restaurant, which was very nice (you can get a discount with your Rewards card). The casino is still smoky, but we were expecting it. We enjoyed touring around the Skagit Valley, Desolation Sound, La Conner and enjoyed driving through the farmland. I will keep coming back to the Skagit Casino and Hotel.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family stayed here while attending a wedding. We rented one of the suites because that is what they had left. The hotel seems very new and clean. The pool area was not huge, but was big enough and also very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed two nights for gambling, shopping, and fun and it was everything we could expect. Pleasant people, comfortable rooms. 5 pillows on each Queen bed. !!I wish i had this at home. Close to LaConner ( 15 minutes) and the Premium Factory outlets (40 minutes or so) near Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as the back faces out near the I 5 Hwy. Non smoking available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank melvinia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We had a suite for two nights. It was very nice, roomy, confortable,clean, well appointed. Unfortunately, our casino experience was not so pleasant. Food in the restaurant was very good, but noisy from the activity in the casino. Also smoking is allowed throughtout the casino and a great many of the casino goers are smokers so it is unpleasant for those of us who do not smoke.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I booked a king suite here for my husband's birthday. They handed him a bunch of birthday balloons at check-in. Check-in and check-out was very smooth with no surprises. We even made three phone calls to Canada, which only seemed to cost a little over $3 total. Nice surprise to not be gouged for long distance calls from a hotel! The suite was very nice and the jacuzzi tub was great. The room felt sort of spa-like and more expensive. One weird thing was that it was on the "garden level", which is sort of halfway underground. Our window was about ground level, but once I got past that we didn't mind it at all. At least the ground level window was on the quiet side of the building so people weren't wandering by. I'm not sure if the suites on higher floors have little balconies (I thought they did) or if that's just the executive suites, but ours certainly didn't. Again, no big deal, but if that is important to you, make sure you're not on "garden level". The suite has standard coffee amenities and a decent sized fridge and a little microwave. The room service menu looked pretty reasonably priced, although we didn't order anything.

We had dinner at the buffet and breakfast at the Five Onion Grill. Both very reasonably priced. I had the Spanish omelet for breakfast and it was delicious and HUGE.

We stayed on a Thursday night so the casino wasn't that busy and possibly not as smoky as it might get on a weekend. We are non-smokers and based on reviews I was expecting it to be really smoky and didn't think we would be able to stand the casino for very long. We definitely noticed the smoke, but not as bad as we expected. However, when I woke up next morning my throat felt like I had smoked a few cigarettes the night before! The free coffee and soft drinks in the casino is a nice touch. We won a little money on roulette, craps and blackjack. One thing I will say is that the casino staff were very patient, friendly and helpful considering I had never played table games before. I have found other casinos I have been to too intimidating to even try, but I felt comfortable enough here to try it out. Glad I did!

The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were all nice and clean.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel as well as their sister property across the street on many occasions. Probably 8 times in total. We usually use this spot as a base-camp for weekend getaway's to the states as we live in Canada. We have always found the staff to be very courteous and they always go out of their way to try and accomodate any requests.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a small refrigerator in all rooms which is a nice feature. We have stayed in both smoking and non smoking rooms and from my non smoker perspective I have never had any issue staying in a smoking room when there has been no non-smoking rooms available. We have stayed in everything from an executive suite with fireplace, junior suite, standard rooms.

Casino- the casino itself is smoky. Can't get away from it down there as all the casino's in the area are smoking. Find the actual machines to be a little tight. Make sure you sign up for a free rewards card. This gives you discounts on your room from the time you get the card and offers other benefits as well. My husband and I are not big gamblers by any stretch but it didn't take long to have enough points accumulated to get a free steak dinner.

Food- The 5 onion grill is great. The breakfast is amazing- try a spanish omelet. You won't be dissapointed. Have enjoyed their dinner meals as well and they are always consistently good and the service is great. The buffet on the other hand is hit and miss. The first time we went is was fantastic and the two times since that we have tried it was very dissapointing.

Pool area- the main hotel has a great pool area which includes a sauna, hot tub and shower area. We always enjoy unwinding after a long day here. Clean and monitored as well with security.

Wifi- free internet access in the rooms but if you stay on the third floor - west side it is difficult to get a signal. Third floor East side we have never had a problem. Second and first floor rooms always a strong signal.

Hotel rates- the rates for this hotel are great. If you are able to stay midweek, even better. The smaller hotel Skagit Ridge, is nice as well. No pool in that building but they offer a free shuttle to the bigger hotel building. The smaller hotel includes a free continental breakfast on lieu of the pool. Location is a half hour away from Seattle premium outlets or about 10 minutes away from Burlington shopping.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happyholidayer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Majestic Inn and Spa
Majestic Inn and Spa
#1 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to The Skagit Casino Resort? Share your experiences!