“How has this place done LATELY?”

Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bremerton
Milton, WA
“How has this place done LATELY?”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I suggest that "Nay Sayers" take a look at 2013's comments on tripadvisor before disqualifying Oyster Bay Inn from consideration. When I go to Bremerton, I'n NOT looking for The Ritz, but a place with a convenient location and a better-than-average price, and Oyster Bay Inn has both. Are there "swankier" places around? Sure...As long as you don't mind paying $10-$100 more! As for me, I'm good with a decent room at a decent price - And, OBI offers me these!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FooDude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Bremerton, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Oyster Bay Inn is a one GREAT place to stay if your looking for a place that has smiling faces, helpfulness and clean rooms and good breakfast in the morning, The Oyster Bay Inn is the best place to go. Let's not forget the lake (AKA: The pool). I give them a large thumbs up.
This place actually does things for they guess such as: Large firework exhibits and parties/ picnics.
One Attendant Linda was so helpful on the day of our 23rd anniversary. She stretched out her arms in helping us to have a wonderful way of celebrating. Everything was awesome. I want to take this time to thank Oyster Bay for all the wonderful care that they have show to not only me, but to my family.
Not to mention, my daughter lost her phone and an attendant Mike went through a lot so that we could get the phone back. We are very pleased with the service and hope others will choose a place such as this as a place to rest their heads at.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NickandDianna L
Morro Bay
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Over looking a very picturesque waterfront, Very friendly and helpful staff, We were traveling with our 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son so needless to say three beds was desirable, We were able to book a room with 3 queens and a kitchenette, perfect for our needs, The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and the price was fair. We did our laundry in their laundry room which was very convenient. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GHMB
Delta Junction, Alaska
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This not a swank hotel nor is it new. However, this traveler appreciated the comfortable beds, the well kept exterior and landscaping and THE VIEW! It is such a great location. There are also balconies on the rooms (very small but useable), a fire pit on the water and a gazebo all so you can take advantage of the Oyster Bay panorama. The downsides were showers that would run hot and cold, a funky smell in the stairwell. Breakfast was pretty good but go early if you can. I stayed for three days and would go again tomorrow!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiki L
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2013

As mentioned in other reviews, this Inn is showing its age but efforts are ongoing to upgrade the property. The Inn is conveniently located, right off the highway; eateries and supermarket just a few blocks away. My first floor room overlooked the bay - I'm sure upper floor views were even better! The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly. I felt quite safe there!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Jackie M
montana
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here with a family group. Four reservations and every single one was wrong. In fact thank goodness we had printed our confirmations as they didn't have one of the rooms booked, but lucky us, they found us a room. The carpets were filthy, old and dirty and needed to be replaced. The doors had holes that someone tried to repair with foam insulation and painted over, which later cracked. We discovered after the first night that the peep hole in the door actually was a real peep hole. The glass tube was missing and anyone walking down the hall could peep into our room. The door was missing the metal plate that the bolt locks into. The tile floor in the bathroom felt sticky at all times. I refuzed to walk around with bare feet and put socks on the whole visit. There is no restaurant like the pictures show...the chairs and tables were stacked in there..very unprofessional look. Every chair and sofa we sat on in all four of our rooms was stained and looked like something you would see in an alley. One night upon returning to our room we found a dog had messed in the hallway. The most uncomfortable stay I've had in a hotel...I honestly would not write this if every word wasn't true. I like a clean well maintained hotel...it doesn't need to be new...but it needs to be kept up. This hotel is in dire straights and you would do well to keep looking. I will say that the view from the back is beautiful and this could be a diamond in the rough..but it needs so much work.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bdkoch
Croghan, NY
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

So glad I read the review that told me to pay no attention to the old reviews. This place was great. In fact we decided not to spend any time in a motel in Seattle, extending our stay in Bremerton and making use of the ferry. The room was exceptionally spacious. Not only was there a full bath, but also a second sink area outside the bathroom. We had a lovely view of an inlet off the sound with a small balcony. Bed was very comfortable. Large flat screen tv with plenty of channels.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank rubyCroghan
Oyster360, General Manager at Oyster Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 November 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment left about Oyster Bay Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you visit us again soon.