“Disappointment”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to see new items on the menu. But I was disappointed with my chosen dish - fried chicken. It was a bit on the dry side and absolutely flavorless . Some spices would have been an improvement. The green beans were so rubbery I had to bite them in half as a table knife was not up to the task. The best part of the meal was the mashed potatoes and even they needed salt and pepper. Service, as always, was excellent.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The service was cast, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The food selection is delectable and they have a variety of drinks as well. I try the rotating cider every visit. The mac balls are a must try!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Located next to the Bremerton Ferry Station, the grill is a nice option for a quick light bite after a late lunch in Seattle. Their Creamy tomato/ basil soup is to die for, good with one of their salad options. Also had the boneless fried chicken, which I would have again. Came with mashed potatoes and crunchy green beans. Nicely executed dish with black pepper honey for the chicken.I think you have to navigate the menu to find something that will work for you. Wish the bartender could make a decent Manhattan.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times. My best dining experiences have been brunch & large group gatherings with multiple appetizers. Recommend are the hummus plate, the cauliflower & the Mac & Cheese balls. The service staff is really friendly, but can often be a bit slow. If you are going with a group, I recommend purchasing bottles of wine vs. by the glass. The ‘vault’ room is a great place to gather.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A girlfriend and a decided to have lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. It was surprising to see a nearly empty restaurant at noon. That should have been our first clue. I ordered what sounded delicious:

Sweet Potato & Andouille Hash
Spicy Andouille sausage mixed with peppers, onions, sweet potatoes and Cajun spices topped with two poached eggs. Served with fresh fruit and wheat toast.

What I got was a disgusting mess of mushy, over-cooked goo. The andouille was tasteless, the sweet potatoes over-powered the whole dish and I have no idea where the peppers and onions were hiding. There was no hint of Cajun spices. I would have been ashamed to serve that mess at home; as leftovers. The waitress was pleasant, but clueless. She didn’t seem to get that my good friend and I wanted to chat with each other and not her. She kept interrupting our conversations with overly attentive and unwelcome questions about refills and clearing dishes. I’ve been here a few times and never been that impressed with the food or the service. This is a lovely-looking restaurant, but that is the only good thing I can say. We had a BOGO coupon and we still each paid about $20, out the door. Seriously not worth it! If I hadn’t been short on time and starving, I would have sent the mess back. I informed my waitress of the poor quality of my meal and again, CLUELESS! She essentially said, “Thank you for letting me know.” She exhibited no real concern about my experience or even a feigned attempt to compensate me for a bad meal. Every restaurant has an off day, but you need to at least act like the the quality of your food is important to you. As a former waitress, that meal would have never made it to the table. I would have insisted that cook remake it and immediately go gone to the table and explained why there was a delay in serving the meal. You have not created a repeat customer Bremerton Grill.