“Best Thai in Kitsap” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hansville
“Best Thai in Kitsap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

One of the best thing an Asian restaurant can do is to start out with quality ingredients that are fresh. Saibadee gets off on the right foot by doing just that. The fresh bean sprouts that accompanied my Phad Thai were so fresh and full of turgor that I was almost made- self conscious by the loud crunching sound produced as I chewed them. They even had a bean sprout flavor, something that is rare to see in any restaurant.

You have a choice of beef, chicken, or shrimp with many of the dishes and, for my Phad Thai, I choose the beef, which proved to be a delightful surprise. Most Asian eateries use incredibly cheap cuts of meat, so they always wind up as chewy, tasteless chunk-bits that add little to the flavor of the dish. Not so, here. The small bits of beef were as tender as a good steak and had the identity of beef flavor that I have only found a couple of times in San Francisco Chinese restaurants. The noodles were perfectly cooked and the sauce was excellent, with precisely the amount of heat that I ordered (three stars). I understand that they make some of their own noodles, here. If these noodles weren't home made, they certainly tasted as if they were!

My wife's Rama was the best I've ever tasted. The bits of chicken in the dish were all breast meat and, tasted so fresh that the chicken could have been clucking the same day that we dined. The spinach was fresh and the peanut sauce that covered the dish was absolutely delightful.

Saibadee is owned and run by two young sisters, both of whom are charming young women. If you're not to sure about some of the dishes, they will patiently and enthusiastically educate you about your dining options.

The only slight negative about the place is the harsh florescent lighting in the ceiling (which was there when they moved in) that I'm sure will disappear as soon as they get a few bucks ahead. That shouldn't take too long, as more people find out about this delightful new restaurant.

• Visited December 2011