“Small space, good sushi”

Ichizen Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 190 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch with a colleague from work after reading good reviews on-line. The dine in portion of the restaurant is tiny, so although we planned on sitting down for lunch we ended up taking food to go. The place was packed and everyone in line told us how much they liked it and how they go on a regular basis. We ordered the sushi platter for 2 and an order of yellowtail sashimi. It was all very good, and I'd definitely go back. My advice for lunch is to call ahead and plan on picking up your order to go. It's a small operation and they get packed and thus backed up -- after eating there I understand why!

1  Thank Seth D

Reviewed 18 March 2014

That about says is all. Small place, good food, never disappointed. To Go also. Friendly staff. Parking can be challenge depending on the time of day and ferry schedule.

1  Thank TerryH69
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Authentic Japanese cuisine - when I asked for an itemized receipt, the lady kindly rewrote one for me in English, as she had originally taken down my order in Japanese. I ordered for takeaway the kaarage chicken and fried rice and vegetable tempura side. I liked that the fried rice was made with cubed SPAM and the entrees came with a side of tempura green beans. This place is located between Island Cuisine and Fraiche Coffee, across the street from Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery. They are only open until 7 p.m. and accept all credit cards. I echo what a prior reviewer had said: I wish I had come here earlier during my business trip.

1  Thank CCC_wanderlust
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Cozy and very clean. Make their own sushi right there. Popular with the locals. I like it because it is fresh and there are several sushi's to choose from. Owners work hard to do it right and are very friendly. Was in Bremerton for 2 weeks and didn't find it till later in my visit. Wish I would have discovered it first. One of the best places to dine in Bremerton.

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I'm not much of an expert on Japanese food, but I do know what tastes good. And this little restaurant serves up some fresh and mighty tasty food. I just ate lunch there and had a salad and some tempura prawns. They were fried perfectly and the oil tasted fresh. The greens on the salad were fresh, too.

Although the place was nearly empty at the late hour (2:00pm) I arrived, I was served promptly and courtesly by a sweet Japanese lady who, I assume was an owner. This is a restaurant that I surely come back to.

2  Thank HansvilleHugh