“Convenient airport location that feels completely remote”

Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Burien B&B and Inns
Medford, New Jersey
“Convenient airport location that feels completely remote”
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Three Tree Point is a great location near the airport, but on a peninsula of sorts that makes for a really nice setting. I stayed in the cottage, which was private, huge and well appointed. This is a "prepare your own" breakfast place, which was perfect for my rushed schedule. The fridge was stocked with all of the necessities for breakfast, even a snack or two. Overall the cottage is a very private and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
sadliltear
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I was here for 3 nights. Penny upgraded me to the cottage the first two nights. It was so beautiful. The views, the fireplace, the patio... everything was so inspiring for my writing. I don't drive and didnt have a car so it would have been hard for me to get groceries. Penny went to Trader Joe's for me and picked up a few things on her way back. There's a great little trail right outside the house that leads to the beach. I took a jog one morning and it was so peaceful. The hot tub was so nice with a great view of the Sound. Christie the dog and Lily the cat were such charmers. I spent most of one afternoon just petting them. Penny even offered me a ride to the airport the morning I left. I'm already making plans to come back next year for a longer stay. Thanks Penny for a great trip!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 7 November 2009

First the good things: We loved the location - minutes from the airport, yet in a quiet residential area. Loved the town of Burien - ate at 2 of their restaurants so close to the inn (Mick Kelly's Irish pub and the Tin Room). Nice walk down to the beach - watched the sunset from there one night. The views are magnificent - Mt Rainier showed itself while we were there. Very spacious, with a full kitchen. Newspaper delivered outside our door. The heated floors in the bathroom! :)

Now the not-so-good: From practically the moment we got there, we felt almost like we were intruding. Right after we got there, Penny had to rush off to somewhere. We stayed in the suite and could hear every footstep from Penny and her family upstairs (starting at 4:45am one morning!), as well as some of their conversations. Kind of felt like we were staying in someone's home that we didn't know - just a little strange. I wish that the cottage had been available for our stay, since it is detached from their residence. No restaurant guides or recommendations in the room for dining, although Penny did have a moment to name off a couple of places before she had to leave, which were quite good. On our final day, the room hadn't been cleaned when we got back at around 4pm. Turned out that Penny was away for the day, but she happily came down and tidied it while we were at dinner.

Good and bad: The well-stocked kitchen. It was great for making breakfasts, and even dinner, which can be a plus to save money. However, sometimes when you're on vacation, you don't want to do your own cooking.

Overall, we did enjoy our stay, but if we return, we will be sure to get the cottage.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Bothell
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We planned to celebrate our second wedding anniversary in a romantic getaway this time and were very fortunate to get an accomadition in 3 Tree point b&b.We booked a suite and by the time we reached there there was a surpsise waiting for us.Penny our inn keeper upgraded us for the Cottage.
The cottage was very comfortable with all the amenities.It was just like at home with all the facilities we wanted.
Kitchen was fully stocked with breakfast items.The hand made olive oil soaps were so gentle and relaxing.The jetted tub was a big surprise for me and my husband.We walked along the trail towards the beach which had awesome views.
Over all i can say this is the best place i have ever visited.

• Liked — The hot water tub and breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ThreeTreePoint, Owner at Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 March 2010
Thank you so much for your review. Please come stay with us again.
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 18 December 2008

Loved, loved, loved the Three Tree Point B&B. One of my best B&B experiences EVER. I would return any day and have already recommended it to all my friends & family.

Perfect views of the Sound (Mt Rainier, anyone?), amazing sunsets, walks along the old Indian trail down to the water, and Penny will provide you with lots of info on the Seattle area if you need it.

I booked two nights at the 3 Tree Pt SUITE after a 10-day stay at the Hilton (after my spouse left the Seattle area earlier due to flight ticketing complications).

We should have stayed all 12 days at 3 Tree Pt, given the free parking & breakfast goodies that Penny (my innkeeper) laid out... (it's $20 per day parking @ the HIlton, no breakfast, no free internet access, plus B&Bs in the Seattle area only charge 9% tax unlike the hotels that charge almost 16%.)

We would have saved so much money, because we could have cooked at the fully-equipped kitchen @ the 3 Tree Pt. :-(

Also, Penny kindly gave me a slightly cheaper rate as I stayed as a "single."

Nice pluses: views, incredible hospitality/privacy; free internet access, heated bathroom floors, king-sized bed, sunny living room, newspaper, fluffy bathrobes/slippers, fully equipped kitchen/oven/ stove/microwave with stocked fridge, free washer/dryer, books to read; hikes nearby; 10-15 minutes to the Seatac airport

Only downside: the B&B does not serve a full breakfast but instead Penny restocks the fridge daily with all the fixings you need, e.g. eggs, milk, juices, cereals, fresh danishes (fantastic cranberry muffin), bread, coffee, tea, etc. so I ate breakfast at 11 AM one morning; suite only has a shower not a bathtub

Fantastic for: business traveler looking to cook/save money; honeymoon couples; stressed people needing quiet and rest

• Liked — Views, beautiful rooms, well-stocked fridge, knowledgeable innkeeper, privacy, quiet
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 16 December 2008

My wife and I stayed here on our 5th wedding anniversary and first trip to the Seattle area. We searched around for the perfect B&B spot and definitely found it here. Penny (the hostess) does a tremendous job in providing for every creature comfort and the location and view are outstanding. The Cottage is where we stayed and it is very private and comfortable. The other nice parts are that there is a short walk to the Puget Sound beach, a short drive to Seattle, and the place is VERY close (less than 15 min) to the airport without the airport noise! The hot tub is great with a view overlooking the sound and the inner accomodations were extremely comfortable and convenient. We will definitely be back to this one of a kind experience.

• Liked — Scenic View
  • Disliked — Slow internet access
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2008

My wife and I live in Seattle and needed to get away from our busy schedule so we called Three Tree Point and booked the Cottage. When we got there, Penny welcomed us to her Inn. The view of the water was unobstructed and beautiful although Mt. Rainier was covered over with bad weather. The sunset was lovely over the water.

When we came back from dinner it was perfect-no phones, no TV (although the tv is available on a cart tucked away in the closet)-just relaxing, we even took in a hot tub over looking the water while the stars came out.

The bed was heavenly. We fell right to sleep.

In the morning we woke to the sunrise over looking Mt. Rainier that was out in all its glory. Bright Pink and subtle blues of the sunrise was worth getting up to open the blinds and then getting back to bed to see it. We got up and had a quick bite to eat from the well stocked kitchen. After a walk on the nearby beach, we headed back home feeling much revived from our rest at Three Tree Point.

Highly recommend this wonderful stay at Three Tree Point Bed & Breakfast.

• Liked — Amazing views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burien
Cedarbrook Lodge
Coast Gateway Hotel
#3 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport

Been to Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!