“Excellent Turkish food in Burien”
Review of Captain G's Ottoman Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Captain G's Ottoman Kitchen
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Turkish, Israeli
Reviewed 27 January 2014

When we walked into Captain G's (soon to be renamed Marlainas Istanbul) we were welcomed to a table by the owner and chef. He knew it was a birthday celebration for my wife, so he offered her a glass of wine, which she declined (she doesn't drink), so he offered it to me instead. He also brought tastes of the evening specials (chicken, lamb and chick peas in a wonderful sauce). I ended up having lamb, others in our party had the chicken, my father in law had the beef shish-kebab. Everything was excellent, especially the hospitality and service. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is one of those neighborhood cafes that feels like family, without the drama. The food is lovingly cooked with unusual combinations of spices to American palates, and the genuinely earnest cook brings sample plates around with unspoken pride. Wine by the bottle is an incredible value! Great place for a casual, relaxing meal on a dark winter night when you don't feel like doing much, but your tastebuds could use some excitement.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hummus is fantastic! Flavors on the rest of the entree (lamb kebab for me, steak for husband) were good, but the meat itself was very tough. The owner and person who waited on us were very nice. Both my husband and I felt that even though we live near this restaurant, it won't be calling our name very often. I have been there twice, once w/a Groupon, which seems to be an issue. The owner only allows "so" many a night. Understandable but just a word of caution. We had purchased with two other neighbors, have to use seperately.

1  Thank brimackmat
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had never eaten Turkish food before tonight. I was pleasantly surprised by WONDERFUL food, reasonable prices and very friendly service at Captain G's. I'll definitely go back!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Food was excellent! Best ethnic meal on this trip. We started with two bean salad appetizers and then shared the special of the day chicken dish and one lamb dish. All were excellent. Service was pleasant, helpful, and personal. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ridger2222