“Wish I'd taken Mom there”

Huckleberry Square Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in Burien
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Remember that saying about how you could tell a good restaurant if it had 18 wheelers parked in front.

One of the green flags I note about a good eatery Im about to visit for the first time are women diners. To me that's a good omen.

On my first visit and every time I eat at the place I see a goodly representation of women at Huckleberry Square. We're talking mostly moms and grandmas....you know...ladies who have prepared hundreds of meals for their families and are darn good cooks and who know a good restaurant when they see one.

Some of these gals remind me of my mom. And was she ever picky when it came to eating out. The food had to be good, the service had to be good, the coffee had to be good and it had to be clean.

I regret I didn't treat her to Huckleberry Square before she passed on as I know she woulda loved it as much as I do.

Well here I've mentioned the popularity of this eatery with the ladies but you can be sure guys like me enjoy it too.

This is just your no holds barred, damn the calories and cholesterol , full speed ahead places that's not likely to win popularity contests with vegetarians. But..wait a minute..come to think of it I have had some killer salads there.

They do not scrimp on what they bring to the table. Generous burgers and fries, fish and chips etc. and pies....oh dear...try NOT to order a fresh slice with a ice cream heaped on top.

The experienced waitstaff are always friendly. I've never been put in a holding pattern waiting for my order.

Huckleberry Square in Burien....its one of the vanishing breeds of independently owned restaurants.

It's only 10 minutes from Sea Tac which makes it a fine place to grab a bite to eat before or after a flight.

I highly recommend Huckleberry Square.

1  Thank yamhill

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Several years ago, I had a vehicle in for repair. When it wasn't ready at the expected time, the body shop owner offered to buy me dinner. He suggested Huclkleberry Square and I accepted. Then he called to insure that I had a reservation. Since that day, I have been tio Huckleberry many times. Great: food, service, prices and location.

1  Thank RussNelson
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My mother-in-law took us there. The food was good but not outstanding. I would go back. Liked there Huckleberry ajm.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Sad dusty worn interior. Generic menu just one step above Denny's. Very very popular, and that overcrowded aspect of this neighborhood cafe doesn't appeal to me.I don't go here anymore...

2  Thank marinaSeattle
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Great burgers, fries, clam chowder, bacon, huckleberry pie & cobbler, and coconut cream pie. Very clean & prompt service.