“Good enough to bring us back”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Burlington
“Good enough to bring us back”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just spent our second visit at HI Burlington (Mar '12), and it is a nice property. Easy to get to from the I5. It's a typical HI, rooms are tidy, clean, relatively modern, but nothing inspirational. The price is a little higher than I think it should be, at $136 I think $115 or so would better fit. Bed's a quite comfortable, pillows were just OK.

Breakfasts are good, great variety, and I believe included with all rates. Pool and Spa are indoor, the pool's warm, and the Spa isn't too hot. One very slow elevator (which was closed this morning for cleaning), so if you don't like stairs, ask for a low room!

The staff are very helpful and polite, a pleasure to deal with.

The only downside was having a room on the Motorway side, last time we were around the back. There is a fair bit of road noise, not enough to keep us awake, but the back side is considerably quieter.

I'm sure if we're over the border doing a bit of shopping again, we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear of the hotel away from the motorway, and ground floor if you can't handle stair...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronniegade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Overall a pleasant experience as the staff here are very nice and helpful (I had an issue with my AC and they assisted me any and every way possible) The hotel itself is also fine. Full free breakfast which was good (but get there early-it gets crowded on the weekends), free paper and parking, workout room (tiny so see hint about dining room), indoor pool etc. The bed was comfy (sheets a little stiff and starchy though) and the room quiet which I liked.. It's also very close to the Burlington outlets and the mall (across the street) so its a good spot if that is where you are headed.
Only things I didn't care for were a) finding the place (it is tricky, so Mapquest it or ask for directions--it isnt a stright shot off the "5") and b) that teeny weeny workout room--which seemingly would fit 2-3 people tops and that is it.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the indoor pool which seems to be full of families 24/7 if you want a quiete...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 5115
victoria,b.c.
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed here for two nights to do a little shopping. Check in was quick and friendly and the overall cleanliness of the place was amazing. Our room was quiet and close to the breakfast room and pool. Breakfast was the standard fare but kept clean and fresh by the diligent staff. Checked out to head south to Seattle received a message my grandson had left his nintendo in the room. Was so pleased to get a call as I have left items before and never been notified by any other hotel. Seattle was so dreary and so I called and checked back in for another 2 nights. Allison at the front desk was so friendly and welcoming, full of helpful info and with a little snowfall the hotel offered ice scrapers for all the guests. Again thanks to Becky for turning in the DS and Allison for being so helpful and warm. We will continue to visit over and over.

Room Tip: I normally don't like the first floor but I found it so convenient to the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have been to this hotel a few times and always want to come back. Everything is excellent. Very clean, good location, nice breakfast and to top it off friendly and helpful staff make this hotel one of my favourites and an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I am a Assistant Manager for a Holiday Inn in Spokane, WA. Me and a freind were travelling to Burlington/ Kirkland, WA for the weekend to attend a function. When I made my reservation I asked for a first floor room, near a door, and if there were any karaoke bars near the property.

After a marathon 6 hour drive I was pleasantly surprised when the fron desk agent agent had the perfect room and a couple of karaoke selections for me within a few miles. The front desk staff was great, smiles, and seemed to really enjoy their job.

My travel partner slept until 9:30am, and I awoke at 5:30am. The breakfast host was pleasant, and had no issues with me stealing a table for a couple of hours to use the internet without waking my freind up.

Overall it was a great weekend and the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Burlington, WA helped greatly to accomidate this.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Just spnt wed. Nite here on our way up into the mountains for camping. Clean,inexpensive,comfy beds and the best free breakfast around. I would have rated a five, but just a few cleaning issues around the property.staff was friendly,ultra quick, and right on the money with recognizing my priority club points. A very good stay. Upgraded to a king suite.jaccuzzi was fantastic as was the pool. Good weight room and business center. Make sure you follow the signs off the highway, or you will have trouble locating it. Worth one hundred per night, but priced best at ninety dollars. Recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure u are a priority club member to get upgraded,and do not be afraid to ask for a suite. This...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveFrancis
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have stayed here many times, and have always had positive experiences. The breakfast is good, the rooms are very nice, and everything I could want is there. My daughter forgot her toothbrush and she just walked down to the front desk, asked for one, and they handed it to her. Very friendly staff. Everything was clean and comfortable at the pool. If I HAD to pick one thing that could be better, it would be the outside noise. I never noticed it before, but our room this time was above the pool...not sure if it was machine or freeway noise, but a little loud. Not bad though. Everything else definitely overshadowed any negative. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!