Just spent our second visit at HI Burlington (Mar '12), and it is a nice property. Easy to get to from the I5. It's a typical HI, rooms are tidy, clean, relatively modern, but nothing inspirational. The price is a little higher than I think it should be, at $136 I think $115 or so would better fit. Bed's a quite comfortable, pillows were just OK.
Breakfasts are good, great variety, and I believe included with all rates. Pool and Spa are indoor, the pool's warm, and the Spa isn't too hot. One very slow elevator (which was closed this morning for cleaning), so if you don't like stairs, ask for a low room!
The staff are very helpful and polite, a pleasure to deal with.
The only downside was having a room on the Motorway side, last time we were around the back. There is a fair bit of road noise, not enough to keep us awake, but the back side is considerably quieter.
I'm sure if we're over the border doing a bit of shopping again, we'll stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington, WA is located at exit 229 off I-5, minutes from Skagit Valley & Tulalip Casino's, outlets & shopping malls, Burlington/Mt. Vernon attractions, Skagit Speedway, WA State Ferry, whale watching, scenic San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, tulip fields, North Cascades Natl. Park, and the nearby cities of Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, LaConnor and Anacortes. This affordable Burlington hotel features an indoor pool, business center, fitness center and spacious rooms with microwave and refrigerator, plus several two-room suites and Jacuzzi suites! Businesses: Dri-Eaz, Paccar, Janicki, Sierra Pacific, Pacific Woodtech Corp, Shell & Tesoro Refineries, Puget Sound Energy, Nordic Tugs, Draper Valley Farms, Sakuma Brothers, Port Of Skagit County, and Transform. Hospitals: Skagit Valley Hospital, United General Hospital, and Skagit Valley Medical Center. Universities: Skagit Valley Community College. Retail: Seattle Premium Outlets, Prime Outlet Mall, Cascade Mall, Costco, and Home Depot. Attractions: Skagit Valley Casino, Northern Lights Casino, Tulalip Casino, Deception Pass, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Speedway, Riverfront Park, Tulip/berry fields, Seattle and Vancouver, BC. A credit card with proper ID is required for registration. Pets are not permitted on premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington
- Holiday Inn Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn Express