This was the first time I’ve stayed at the Burlington HI Express. The building is easy to see from the highway but it is also easy to miss taking the correct exit as well, although they do have a number of signs up to make sure you are on the right roads.
Check in was a breeze and Cee Cee, a delightful young lady, instantly acknowledged me as a Platinum member. We were upgraded to a King suite. The rooms are a nice size with comfortable bed and pillows and a fully stocked kitchen area, wifi worked well too. The living room was large but there seemed to be a lot of furniture so it felt a bit cramped. There also was a fireplace in the room.
The bathroom was also a nice size with quite a few quality amenities.
The breakfast room, could be a little small if the hotel was full, with typical HI Express foods, although they also had soya/almond milk (I can’t remember which) too. The service lady kept everything well stocked and was quite efficient. The room looked out into the indoor pool/jacuzzi area that was very clean with towels and lounge chairs. There were large glass walls around the pool with a door leading to a grassy area with a BBQ and Rhododendrons in bloom.
We found the hotel to be very comfortable with friendly helpful staff. There also were 4 types of fresh cookies available early evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington, WA is located at exit 229 off I-5, minutes from Skagit Valley & Tulalip Casino's, outlets & shopping malls, Burlington/Mt. Vernon attractions, Skagit Speedway, WA State Ferry, whale watching, scenic San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, tulip fields, North Cascades Natl. Park, and the nearby cities of Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, LaConnor and Anacortes. This affordable Burlington hotel features an indoor pool, business center, fitness center and spacious rooms with microwave and refrigerator, plus several two-room suites and Jacuzzi suites! Businesses: Dri-Eaz, Paccar, Janicki, Sierra Pacific, Pacific Woodtech Corp, Shell & Tesoro Refineries, Puget Sound Energy, Nordic Tugs, Draper Valley Farms, Sakuma Brothers, Port Of Skagit County, and Transform. Hospitals: Skagit Valley Hospital, United General Hospital, and Skagit Valley Medical Center. Universities: Skagit Valley Community College. Retail: Seattle Premium Outlets, Prime Outlet Mall, Cascade Mall, Costco, and Home Depot. Attractions: Skagit Valley Casino, Northern Lights Casino, Tulalip Casino, Deception Pass, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Speedway, Riverfront Park, Tulip/berry fields, Seattle and Vancouver, BC. A credit card with proper ID is required for registration. Pets are not permitted on premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington
- Holiday Inn Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn Express