“Daughter's Choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Johnny Carino's Italian
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
British Columbia
“Daughter's Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

On a recent family trip to Burlington, our daughter directed us to this restaurant, guided by a past dining experience here. So we followed her lead and we were not disappointed.
The Host was very friendly and gave us seating near the fireplace since it was a dreary day.
The Natcho Chips with chicken were yummy, and my daughter was pleased with her half-head of lettuce salad.
However, our server was tired and lacked some diplomacy regarding my son's ID. He's 23 years old & 6'5" and she insisted he prove it He had to go out to our care and verified who he was. He was a good sport even though no alcohol was ordered at the table.
My pasta was pretty ordinary but a good proportion.
Overall we left happy that our daughter shared her enthusiasm and we followed her recommendation!

• Visited January 2013

Everett, Washington
“Good Italian experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

This restaurant has been in Burlington awhile, and the crowds have seemed to have slowed to a manageable attendance. We got seated right away this time, and my mention of not having my glasses was apparently picked up by the host as she left us, and she surprised me with a "spare" set of reading glasses to use. While I have often forgotten my reading glasses, this is the first time anybody in a restaurant has done this! I've had to had others read the 8 point text from the menus, if I was alone, I'd have to leave. Anyway, the ambiance of Carino's (as it is known) is halfway dark and cozy, with some televised sporting events in the adjacent bar and a modest volume therein. Food was tasty, above average, competitively priced. We didn't have desserts this time, but in the past they've been good. An enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Woolley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“burnt tomato sauce”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

same sauce on ravioli, lasagna, spaghetti and it tasted burnt. slow inatentive service. priced as though you were really at an Italian retaurant, but it really an open the can place

1 Thank Phillip K
A small town in Northwest Washington
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I have been her about 6 or 7 times. The first time I was not impressed, but that was about 5 years ago. My recent visits including last night have them with great service. They have increased there happy hour which now has great deals on food and beverage. Their bread, oil, and basalmic is outstanding. The general manager is out and about talking to everyone. I am coming more and more.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Okay, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We ate here about a year ago, and never went back. We were not impressed.
Received a 'Birthday' certificate in the mail, offering 1 free meal, up to $13.99 value, so thought we would try it again.
We gave the waiter our certificate, as instructed, and ordered our meal, along with salads.
The salads were very plain, and on the small side. After finishing we asked for more, as its offered as endless soup/salad, along with more bread. After about 15 minutes, the new salad arrived with our meal. I guess it takes a long time to put salad in a bowl, and deliver it. Half way through the main course, the waiter said he forgot to bring more bread, and asked if we wanted more. Not now.
I guess delivering any more food then is necessary is their method of operation.
It took about 1 1/2 hours to get in and out. Our waiter seemed to disappear a lot, never around.
When the bill arrived, we were not given credit for the free meal. So after 15 minutes a new check arrived, we paid and departed.
The meals were okay, nothing special, nothing too enticing.
But after the service, taking a long time to get more salad, forgetting to bring more bread, an incorrect tab, okay food - nothing more. So much for a 'free meal', as most entrees are $15 to $20, plus $1.99 for salad.
I see no reason to return. There is nothing redeeming or good to remember, but to 'NOT' come again.

• Visited November 2012