Wonderful peaceful getaway B&B, yummy generous homemade breakfasts, and killer views. We stayed in the Heron room, so named because of its 18 herons (we counted). The owner / proprietor Carolin made us feel right at home, even though she had just returned from visiting her family on Thanksgiving. There was no feeling of stress or forced courtesy towards us, being selfish tourists wanting to be pampered. Quite the contrary: we were treated like family. On the down side, her finances were such that some things needed repair or renovation (hopefully that will change), but they were not a big deal.
- Friendly caring helpful resident proprietor
- Tasty generous breakfasts
- Plentiful windows all looking out on Salish Sea / Puget Sound.
- Beautiful changing views, including Mount Rainer on a clear day.
- Quiet and remote
- Good supply of info about Camano and Whidbey Islands
- Best bathrobe I've ever put on (tag: www.cypressbathrobes.com)
- Nice towels and bed linens
- Gas fireplace in room
- My main complaint: intermittent WIFI
- Hard bed for my bony frame, but my wife thought it ok
- Uncomfortable chairs by table in the room
- Sink starting to rust
These complaints are minor compared with the pluses of this place. If we return, I'll leave my laptop at home. ;-)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn at Barnum Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.