“Peaceful Getaway with Nice Views”

Inn at Barnum Point
Lynnwood, Washington
“Peaceful Getaway with Nice Views”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wonderful peaceful getaway B&B, yummy generous homemade breakfasts, and killer views. We stayed in the Heron room, so named because of its 18 herons (we counted). The owner / proprietor Carolin made us feel right at home, even though she had just returned from visiting her family on Thanksgiving. There was no feeling of stress or forced courtesy towards us, being selfish tourists wanting to be pampered. Quite the contrary: we were treated like family. On the down side, her finances were such that some things needed repair or renovation (hopefully that will change), but they were not a big deal.

PROs:
- Friendly caring helpful resident proprietor
- Tasty generous breakfasts
- Plentiful windows all looking out on Salish Sea / Puget Sound.
- Beautiful changing views, including Mount Rainer on a clear day.
- Quiet and remote
- Good supply of info about Camano and Whidbey Islands
- Best bathrobe I've ever put on (tag: www.cypressbathrobes.com)
- Nice towels and bed linens
- Gas fireplace in room

CONs:
- My main complaint: intermittent WIFI
- Hard bed for my bony frame, but my wife thought it ok
- Uncomfortable chairs by table in the room
- Sink starting to rust

These complaints are minor compared with the pluses of this place. If we return, I'll leave my laptop at home. ;-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I drove up to Camano Island from my home south of Seattle, while my artwork was on exhibit in 2012. I had researched lodging on the Island and chose this Inn, because of its solitary location on a peninsula. I had never explored the Island before. The hostess was charming and welcomed us into her home, got us settled and then we enjoyed the high bed (we needed a footstool to climb into it), read a book in front of the gas stove and the view of the water and of eagles swooping around the house. We explored the island at length, wandered the Inn's property and an old orchard on the bluff where the home is located. There must be wind currents like crazy because the next morning the eagles were at it again, entertaining us while we enjoyed our homemade breakfast and conversation with Carolin. We promised to return, but have not made the return visit yet...This was really similar to staying in the home of an aunt, more personal than most B&B's. I liked it very much.

Room Tip: Our room was on the left at the top of the stairs and we would request that room again.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Hospitality in abundance can be found at this lovely inn with great views of the sound, where Bald Eagles can be seen feeding when the tide is out. The " Blue Heron" room has water views from two sides of the large and comfortable corner room, with a private bath, seating area, TV, disc player and a large supply of movies and books to enjoy. Access to the Inn from the main highway is via a narrow road that curves around the bay all the way to Barnum Point, the namesake of owner Carolin's grandfather who purchased the land more than 100 years ago. Be sure to get specific driving directions from Carolin.

Carolin cooks and serves a delicious and hearty breakfast with any specific diet needs considered, and is a wonderful hostess in every way. Even her cat and dog are on duty to provide a warm welcome to guests. Beach access is best at low tide and comes with a scenic sunset (or sunrise for the early risers). The secluded location makes for a great getaway with music by the waves and the seabirds.

Room Tip: The water views are excellent from all three rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Camano Island. The Inn at Barnham Point is nestled in an area near forest and ocean. Quiet, serene and beautiful, it's a cozy place for peace and relaxation. Carolin is an awesome hostess!

• Stayed March 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It was a great visit, with beautiful views. We had the room on the right and was very spacious. It is difficult to find but our GPS helped. The inn is located out on the point and away from everything. It is a peaceful setting. The innkeeper Carolin was the perfect host and makes a great vegetable juice drink.

The inn is a little dated and in need of a renovation. It is reminiscent of 70's decor.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelRoadWarriors
london
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This innn was one of many we stayed at during our visit to Seattle. Cmamo Island is a beautiful part of WA and The Iinn At Barnum Point was awesome. We rented out the left side of the property, views of the sound were awesome, and a short walk dwon a track to the beach.
Bald eagles swoop over head, not just one or two but many, deer walk along the beach, just cant say enough about this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trshacks
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was performing in a musical nearby, the producers of the show set up a two night stay for me during tech week to stay at the Inn because I live two hours away from the venue. Since rehearsal ended late, my director dropped me off at midnight. It was so dark so I had no idea where I was. The Innkeeper Carolin greeted me, and showed me around where I will stay. I was in the large suite all by myself, so I decided to sleep in the queen bed situated upstairs in the loft. There was a queen bed downstairs as well. In the suite there's a five piece bathroom( two sinks, walk in shower with two heads, sunken tub with a rubber sucky, and bubble bath soap, lots of extra towels, and a private toilet section). Finally fell asleep at 2am...then at 6am a bright light shining on my face woke me up. It was the sun rise, and I got up I noticed a 360 degree view of Port Susan...wow! What a view...I had no idea that this bed and breakfast was situated on a peninsula. It's as if I was on my own private island. Then I walked out on the balcony...who would've thought that no rain two hours from Seattle in April! As I sat outside, all I could hear was the waves, and the birds, and watched the eagles soar looking for its next meal. I felt the sun pounding on my face while looking out on this magnificent view. I was in awe. Since I was not set up for the breakfast plan, Carolin set me up with breakfast items in the fridge. Oh did I mention also in the suite is a kitchenette. Fridge, dishwasher, plates, utensils, microwave, grill, coffeemaker. Carolin had frozen items, in the fridge, milk, juice, eggs, fruits. I'm sure items may vary. Carolin was so sweet she ame knocking offering to make me breakfast, but I already ate. There's also a small dining area, and lounging area. At the time of my stay Carolin lost a helper so this little old lady took care of this huge place by herself. I felt bad and wanted to help. But her helper was going to be replaced soon. It's not the Ritz, but it's a very relaxing B&B. Only drawback is, if you don't have a car like I didn't, You're stuck, no restaurants around to dine or walk to. Thanks goodness for the food in the fridge or friends to the rescue. This little place, with the little old lady Innkeeper will be always be dear to my heart. And yes I would have to agree with the other reviewers...you feel like a part of the family.

Room Tip: Large two bed suite does not get the breakfast, only breakfast items in fridge or freezer. But it co...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront

Been to Inn at Barnum Point? Share your experiences!