“I agree stop for lunch, but do not stay the night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camano Island Inn

Camano Island Inn
Hanover, Maryland
“I agree stop for lunch, but do not stay the night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have always wanted to stay there so we did this last weekend. We got in at 9:00 PM and we were curtly greeted and shown our room and that was it. Too late for dinner we went out. When we returned to enjoy the moonlight ocean view from our hot tub, we opened it up and the water was green. I own a hot tub, this water was very old and did not smell good. Breakfast was good but this is not a 5 star by any means. Way too much money for this experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelly M
Susan H, General Manager at Camano Island Inn, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Michelle,

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us...I know you were running late and our Inn closes at 9 pm, at which time our servers are busy closing up for the evening BUT no one should have ever treated you curtly and I have spoken to them about this incident. It is unfortunate that you were unable to keep your dinner reservations with us as you were running late but we are happy that you found another place on the Island to have food.

All of our hot tubs are cleaned daily including the filters. We always sanitize, clarify and check alkalinity or PH to make sure all levels are in proper balance…we also drain our hot tubs on a frequent and regular basis to make them perfect for all our guests. Because the island has such hard water with higher traces of copper, it could have been that the minerals changed the PH or water color...with a simple phone call our Innkeeper who was on duty would have been happy to have come and checked this out for you.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future and allow us to redeem ourselves.

We wish you a wonderful rest of the year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I purchased this trip on Living Social, and that made the 2 night stay reasonable, I am not sure if I would have picked this spot if I had to pay the full price. That being said it was a very nice place to stay, I was very pleasantly surprised. We had room #4 which had a king bed and the outdoor hot tub. Not all rooms have the hot tubs. The room was not very large, but it was comfortable, a couple chairs facing the window so you can sit and read or just stare out the window. There are also a couple of chairs and a small table on the "deck" so you can sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom could have used a bit of updating but it was nice and clean. The rooms are close and you can hear your neighbor if they are listing to the TV on the loud side, or if they are sitting in a hot tub talking but that wasn't a real problem, since most people were quiet at a decent hour. We did take advantage of the community refrigerator on the second floor and had no problems getting water or ice, the staff was very nice. The breakfasts were very nice and much more than just the normal complimentary breakfast that you get a most hotels, the first morning we had a choice of two breakfasts the second day it was a nice basic breakfast this time the only choice was the type of breakfast meat and how you wanted your eggs, which was fine with me. We did not eat dinner at the Inn, the menu looked nice. We were there on a Monday so the restaurant was not open one of the nights we were there. I love birds and there are plenty of places to go birding on the island. One morning there were 5 eagles just flying around out back of the inn. My one complaint was that hung out the sign that said please don't enter our room to turn down our beds and they did anyway.
I had a facial at the spa with Shelly, it was amazing and she was great. I would recommended her services.

Room Tip: Call and talk to the staff, I chose the date of my stay based on the room type I wanted. I had some...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Susan H, General Manager at Camano Island Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We are happy that you were able to purchase a stay with us using a livingsocial deal and
I am always happy to hear that our staff was nice and accommodating!

Most of our guest love the private hot tub rooms (better than a community hot tub) and the seating areas, it is great that you enjoyed those amenities on your visit....watching the boats and the wild life including the many gorgeous eagles is always a thrill and not something most people don't get to experience too often if ever.

We are always updating and evolving our rooms and bathrooms so they will look fresh and comfortable for our guest and will be doing so again very soon.

Although most rooms at hotels/ inns are close to each other, we hope that our guest are not playing the volumes to high...however it seems like most were pretty respectful so that is good. We appreciate you mentioning the community refrigerator in our Sunset Room upstairs as well as not having a problem with water or ice as they are readily available to all of our guest.

We are sorry that you were not offered more choices on your breakfast, usually our Chef offers a couple of choices so not sure what happened I will do some quality control to see why additional choices were not given, I apologize as well as for the housekeeping error...we do try our best to get it right but sometimes things happen...I will make certain to go over these items with out staff. Thanks again for calling it to our attention.

Shelly will be happy that she was mentioned in your review...we adore her!

Thanks so much for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Ocean Shores, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were seated immediately and given water and the menu. Seated in the shade and the wind was a bit cool, so upon ordering we asked if we could move into the sun. No problem and was a great idea. Warmed by the sun and with the view, we enjoyed the Seafood Chowder and their grilled chicken sandwich. Both were very good. Upon leaving, the waitress told us they were changing their menu later in the week, so I'm going to check out their website soon and have lunch there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Joannie,

Thank you for sharing your lunch experience with us and the world! We appreciate it very much...our small but lovely Inn, Restaurant, Spa & Beauty Bar depends on feedback and quality control is very important.

To know that your server did all things correctly with respect to you as our guest delights us! We have posted our new menus (breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner) on our website as well as facebook...please check out all the yummy new food as well as our Island favorites and we will look forward to your return visit to the Camano Island Inn.

Enjoy a wonderful Summer!

Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We did a mini road trip of NW Washington over July 4th weekend, and we started the trip at the Camano Island Inn. We arrived around 7:30pm after a long Wednesday workday and were quickly welcomed and given a tour of the grounds. Our room was small, but well appointed with a large, comfy bed, good sized bathroom and shower, and most exciting our own small hot tub overlooking an amazing view. The kitchen/sitting room upstairs also looked like a great place for couples to hang out were we not traveling alone.

Starving, we headed down to the restaurant where we shared a bottle of wine and entirely too much delicious food (more details in my review of the restaurant). When we needed a bottle opener for our own bottle of wine we brought from home, the staff was very quick to find one and open the bottle for us, so we didn't miss the opportunity to watch the sunset in our hot tub.

The next morning we woke up to enjoy our free breakfast. The scones were fresh, hot, and the best tasting scones I've ever had - not your standard rock hard iced clump, but instead a soft, biscuity deliciousness with fresh strawberries baked inside. We both had scrambled eggs with potatoes and bacon, and the bacon in particular was heavenly.

I see quite a few folks complaining about price, but I think the price was quite fair for the quality of the room, the amenities, the view, the service, and the free and delicious breakfast. I plan to return the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Room 4 was super. The rest may also be as well. :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silvrayn
We thank you and appreciate your review! Our goal is to make sure that our guest experience what we are so proud of here at the Camano Island Inn! We want everyone to love their visit, the food and all spa and beauty services we offer...so to hear that you had a great and relaxing mini getaway, were well fed with delicious food and enjoyed makes us very, very happy!

Thanks so much for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Have a wonderful Summer!

Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

After reading all the great reviews I came with high expectations for our three night stay. At the end of our stay, I have to sat it was a let down. Nothing was terrible, but average at best. The attention to detail of the staff is on the low end. We informed them of a sink in the common area that was plugged and needed cleaning. Two days later the sink is in the same condition and the trash can so full its unusable. Something I would expect to see at motel 8, not a $175 a night B&B.

One thing for those with special diet needs. My wife has celiacs and can't have gluten. The staff is painfully ignorant as to what that means. If you claim to a top rated b and b your staff working in the restaurant should be well trained in all dietary needs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roy S
Susan H, General Manager at Camano Island Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Roy,

We are sorry that your visit was less than perfect. We do train our staff to pay very close attention to every detail, giving all of our guest great service as you can read from some of the many other reviews.

The Camano Island Inn takes quality control extremely serious and I spoke with our staff member who was informed of the garbage from your wife, Shelly immediately went upstairs bagged it up and took it out...your wife thanked her.

We were then made aware that one of our two sinks in our beautiful sunset room were clogged...thankfully we have two still leaving one to be used for our guest. We immediately contacted our maintenance staff to repair...these things do happen occasionally and we always make certain to contact maintenance to get on it ASAP. We are very sorry that it didn't happen soon enough during your stay with us.

I apologize that one of our staff members didn't give you or your wife the confidence you deserved about our menu options for Celiacs. We make certain our staff is well trained and even had our Cordon Bleu Chef/Consultant put together and train them on our gluten free, vegan and vegetarian menu so they should be well informed and versed with all dietary restrictions including Celiacs.

As always our reviews are shared with our staff for quality control and when we fall short we take the necessary steps to make sure a situation such as this will never happen again...so thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret that it could not have gone better and we hope that you will let us redeem ourselves and visit us again someday.

Regards,
Woodbury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I found this place on LivingSocial, and I am glad I stayed! What a beautiful, quiet setting with amazing food (I only had their breakfast)! The staff was so accomodating and nice. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #4 which was great. If you enjoy relaxing in a hot tub outside while looking at the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Susan H, General Manager at Camano Island Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for finding us on Livingsocial and for reviewing your visit with us! We will be excited to see you again and hopefully next time you will get an opportunity to have dinner with us. Our hot tubs will be waiting for you!

Enjoy your Summer,

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 2 night stay in room #1 for our 25th anniversary. The dinner was amazing, good selection of wine. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I wish I would have planned a few spa treatments. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy that celebrated your 25th Anniversary with us...thank you for the kind review and we hope that you will visit us again. Enjoy another amazing year together and next time we can set you up for spa appointments to enhance your stay even further.

Enjoy your Summer,
#4 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#1 of 3 in La Conner

Been to Camano Island Inn? Share your experiences!