The Hotel rooms are new, rather dark despite the window and kind of stuffy, unless you use the very loud fan hooked up on the "radiator." More importantly there are no refrigerators. They started at $75 which is a pretty normal price but still seemed overpriced to us. There wasn't a soul there (Mon and Tues) but they should at least include one visit to the tubs with the room price. The hotel layout makes you walk the length of the building to go down to the parking lot
The Baths are open 9-4 and since it's summer, we would have preferred to take a hot mineral bath at night. Men and Woman are in separate bath houses, and each house has an, "attendant." For a 20 buck visit, The attendant puts you in an individual tub surrounded by a curtain, and reminds you not to talk. They also time the amount of time you stay in the bathtub soaking. You are asked to get out after 25 minutes, then they wrap you in a towel and give you 25 minutes to sweat. We felt pretty good after the sweat, but there's no freedom in the set up. You are more or less ushered out in less than an hour, which is not what I think most people want in a Spa Experience, even if it is cheap.
The whole ambiance is not really, "bath friendly,' or at all social. We went with friends, so we at least wanted to chat quietly while soaking. I think they need to change their set up if they want to draw more people in.
1. The baths have to be open at night.
2. People need to be able to stay in the tubs as long as they like.
3. The rooms are kind of depressing and dark. NO refrigerators, nothing on the wall
4. At least one bath needs to be included with the price of the room
All in all, it Carson is in a nice area of the Columbia River Gorge, but if given the choice, we would prefer Hood River, or somewhere else.
5. Going for just the baths is not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Carson Hot Springs where you will find a fabulous vintage vacation! Enjoy our lobby which is located in the original St. Martin's Hotel, or the rustic simplicity of our 1920's Bath House, or maybe hot tubs filled with our therapeutic mineral water on the balcony of your bedroom! Our rustic retreat is perfect for those who want to unwind, unplug and get away from it all. Activities for the outdoor enthusiast include: rafting, fishing, hiking and biking right out our front door. The newly renovated golf course, Elk Ridge, features amazing views from every hole! Most golfer's have it on their "must play" list and we offer Stay and Play Packages. The Clubhouse serves breakfast, lunch and dinner service to satisfy the hungry traveler. Runaway to Rustic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Mineral Hot Springs Hotel Carson
- Carson Hot Springs Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Carson Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Resort
- Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort Washington