“Never again.”

Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed in hot tub suite. Ceiling tiles were filthy, some replaced with painted card board. Old stove and debris scattered around entrance to room. Pry marks on the door jam, you could see in room when door was closed and locked. Curtains looked like they were just purchased from Wal Mart. Wrinkled with the fold marks still present. Dirt build up around bed from lack of cleaning. You could hear creatures in the ceiling at night(dead mouse outside door in am). Spiders and webs in some of the corners. We did look in the window of the standard rooms in the other building, they are the ones shown on the web and appear to be in much better condition. 240 BUCKS! Really got stung on this room!

• Stayed: September 2012
18  Thank Denise1264

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Have never been to a hot springs "bath house" before and at my friends suggestion we ran away from city life and spent an evening here. A beautiful 2 hour drive from Salem, OR and we ventured to a place so remote we wonder how the settlers ever discovered the place. The bath house is definitely OLD. Not sure if they are the original tubs but surely looks like it. Note to self, when entering the bath house use your inside voice as you literally walk in to rows of tubs with people trying to relax (men's/women's are separate). However, you are promptly greeted by an attendant (ours was Gloria - sweetest lady in the world) who directs you to the changing rooms and begins running your bath. All tubs are fully enclosed with a curtain for privacy. Don't forget to take off ALL your jewelry. My sterling silver toe ring turned some obnoxious shades and I thought it was ruined, but luckily by the next day it was back to normal. After our 25 minute soak we were directed to another room for our wrap. Gloria wrapped us as snug as a bug in a rug, gently drapping a towel around our face with room to breath so we could sweat out the rest of our toxins. It was quite comfortable, and the breeze from the open door was welcoming. I wished I could have spent an extra 25 minutes there! Next you shower, to wash off your sweat and toxins, and proceed to a lovely one hour massage. Completely different than any I've had before. I love deep pressure, but my gal had the "magic touch" for lack of better words. After being throughly relaxed, we ventured to the dry sauna for a few more minutes of luxury before showering again. While in the sauna, we met a local girl who suggested a brand new brewery in town for our dinner (that's the next review!!!). As for lodging, the rooms are quite simple but very clean. There are no phones, microwaves, fridges or art in the standard double queen room we had, but it was very welcoming. A nice way to "unplug" from the world. They were in the midst of some construction/remodeling which was a little annoying, but we looked past that. However, the lovely Bluejay that wanted to serenade us in the morning we could have went without! Nonetheless, we woke up to a gorgeous sunrise coming over the mountain. I will definitely return and bring my husband.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor unless you want to wear out your glutes after your lovely massage!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I just went up to the bathhouse for the first time last Tuesday. I got the bath and wrap, which was $17.00 (a Tuesday special)-- quite a bargain. The bathhouse is about 120 years old and shows its wear -- it's an old place without candles and spa music -- pretty bare bones. However, they have recently made some improvements to the ceilings and bathrooms, and I bet more will be on the way. I was told that Bonneville Hot Springs now owns Carson, so I think things should improve a lot. The defunkt hotel rooms near the river are being refurbished with hot tubs on the decks, which will probably be ready in a few months. Man, did I get the gossip when I was there! Anyway, suffice it to say that the new management seems a lot better than the old.

I ate a very tasty sandwich at the restaurant by the now open golf course. The restaurant has a limited menu, and one cranky golfer stormed out because his food wasn't ready before his tee time, but the waitress was really nice. I think they will work out the kinks eventually.

I look forward to checking it out in a few months when things are a little more together with the new management and the new rooms are open. It's a pretty cool place that warrants a visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank mandypdx
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have reviewed this spot many a time. I guess it's our favorite place for a quick trip. Proximity from PDX is less than 40 minutes. The property is always evolving and this time in a positive way. The ownership has changed and it was bought out by Boniville resorts. There is a rustic feel to the rooms and I'm sure the old St Martin building is on the list to go away. The golf course is beautiful and has the front 9 open and for $31 with a cart is a good price. Most recently the restaurant opened for breakfast and lunch and the fare and service were great. I still prefer the bungalo bar for food and atmosphere. Fried chicken is da best and it's so funny that the locals think your from huge city when just from liitle ole Portland. For the price Carson hotsprings and the Bungalo beat out Bonville and Skamina hands down if you take that short trip down the road.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mraschio
Linda H, Guest Relations Manager at Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for the feedback. Just to set the record straight Bonneville Hot Springs is not the owner of Carson Hot Springs, the same management team runs both properties. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We were on the second floor - 49 steps up from the parking lot. Basically clean but not spotless. Behind the mattress by the headboard needed a vacuum. No television but sitting on deck in front of the room reading was very peaceful and quiet. We played on their golf course which had just opened. No markers were up yet and no pull carts available. Had to take a cart - thought it was overpriced. I had a soak, wrap and massage. The soak ended up being my feet in the tub only. Those tubs were filthy. No way was I sitting in it. The massage was okay. My husband went on a good hike on the trail behind the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ORCon
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was our first trip to a Washington hot springs and it will not be our last! Our stay started with a phone call that explained the hot springs and the resort. The person Lanna, that we spoke with told us that it was rustic, in the forrest, and that it would be quiet. The hot springs soak and wrap were great--nothing over the top with the physical surroundings but the water is hot and so very healing--the wrap is warm and just what is needed after the soak. Everyone was nice and helpful. All ways ask question if you are not sure. We both also did the massage and they were over the top-great! Ask for Debbie or John--both were great! You need to take things easy and just relax here. The room is relaxing without a TV, you can walk, take pictures, talk, read, or just enjoy being in the forrest-there are lots of birds to see and hear. Our stay was very much enjoyed! Will go back again!

Room Tip: Top floor is great for seeing birds, the sun, the moon, and just listening for the sounds of nature...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jewelsone
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I visited the spa for a soak, wrap, and massage. I am not a day spa person so I have no basis for comparison, except I saw no glass tiles and smelled no spacial spa fragrances. What I did have was two very relaxing, rejuvenating hours in a basic, natural, and relaxed place. The staff was welcoming, and easy going, directing me to my own huge antique tub. I soaked to my neck in mineral water as hot as I wanted for half and hour, left alone in the quiet, simple, historic bath room. After, my attendant Bernice directed me to the wrap beds and covered me comfortably in cotton, flannel, and wool, warm enough to allow me to sweat well for another half hour. It was a simple and natural room; quiet, clean, and peaceful. My massage was preceded by a quick rinse off shower. The massage was for relaxation. I did not ask for any therapeutic treatment so I don't know if that is an option. I had a little soreness from vacation activity that was worked out by the end of the hour long massage. Overall It was just the kind of experience that I find relaxing: time alone in a natural environment with no pretense or expectation. If your needs are also simple, then you will find this rustic experience enjoyable

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taylorcalm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lyle
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!