“Unique, neat experience. Would go back.”

Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed in a king room with the soak and wrap package. Having never been to a bath house or anything similar, I had no idea what to expect. Here's how it works:
First come, first serve. No reservations.
Your should wear flip flops and bring a bottle of water to drink while you soak/sauna.
Go in, meet the attendant. There are private dressing rooms and baskets to keep your clothes. They also provide towels.
Wrap yourself on a towel while you wait for your tub to fill. There is piping hot mineral water that you can add cool spring water to for your ideal temp.
Shower curtains provide privacy between soaking tubs.
The attendant will ask if you're done, I said 'not yet' since I could tell that the tubs weren't all full, and she gave me more time. She wasn't pushy at all.
After the tub, you go into an adjoining room with flat beds. You lay down, remove your towel, and the attendant wraps you in a sheet and then you're covered in a blanket. I think I fell asleep... but it wasn't hot enough for me to "sweat away my toxins". Again, the girl was very helpful and made me feel comfortable.
The hotel room was average but clean. We had lunch at the restaurant and it was surprisingly good and well-priced. It was a nice experience.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank lewisand

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I just had a very relaxing, therapeutic stay at the resort. We had a wonderful soak, wrap and massage. The staff was great and you get all the privacy you could ever hope for. We stayed in the older building with our own private hot tub so mineral bath soaks were never ending. We are looking forward to returning and getting a room in the new Wind Wing. That wing also has private tubs you can fill with the mineral waters.
The food at the golf course was also great!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jebenal
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed here to celebrate the end of a 1-week solo motorcycle trip. It was exactly the experience I had hoped for -- the entire staff was friendly & helpful, the room was comfortable and the soak & massage were divine. Don't expect a she-she-foo-foo, high-end, expensive experience. Expect a down to earth, relaxing, quiet, comfortable, affordable, treat for your body, mind and soul.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jalene C
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I visited Carson Hot Springs about 20 years ago when it was a quaint, rustic establishment at the end of a gravel road deep in the Wind River Canyon near Carson, WA. We slept in a very old, single room cabin in a squeaky old bed, but greatly enjoyed the spa amenities. We stopped there again recently and were so thoroughly surprised by the updated renovations and beautiful accommodations that we decided we would not just pass through as we had planned, but stayed in one of the two new resort like facilities that have replaced the cabins. What a change and what a pleasure. Although meals are no longer served at the resort, the club house cafe at the Elk Ridge Golf Course is under the same management and offers a very nice and reasonablly priced menu. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at both locations.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The staff was rude, and there was only food at the golf course. Their menu only had four items. It was difficult for me to convince my wife to actually sleep in the bed. We stayed at Skamania Lodge the next night. It was a million times better.

Room Tip: Stay at Skamania Lodge if you are in that area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This place is a local icon, but for almost 10 years has been in a state of mystery until this past year, late 2012. Us locals were dissapointed that the old owners could not complete a project to improve the place. Now, with new local owners good things are already happening. Great golf, amazing clubhouse, retro bath house, and new lodging being finished. Get the hot towel treatment! It felt so good to sore muscles and was very relaxing too. Followed up with a 30 minute massage. They did not know I was there "checking them out". Was back for another visit last week and they were almost done with their new lodging and they gave me a little tour. Looking very good. The bath house is turn of the century cool (not the last turn) and I hope they keep it that way. Great experience. I've got to agree with the poor reviews I see here, becuase this is how the former owners ran the place.

Room Tip: They have some rooms with state of the art hot tubs on a balcony looking into the canyon of the Wind...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank Mark Z
Linda H, Guest Relations Manager at Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you Mark for your review, we are working very hard to get the Wind River section open and available. We will have rooms available with full kitchens and Hot Tubs, Suites with Hot Tubs and Deluxe Standard Room with Hot Tubs. These tubs will have Pure Mineral Water in them and will be on very private balconies. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you visiting again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Other than the room being clean but nothing special,this has to be one of the worst experiances Ive had,and I travel alot.I feel their website is deceiving by not being clear on what your getting,then by the time you drive all the way up there your kind of stuck.They dont tell you(even when I called to make reservations)that the price of the room doesnt include using the "mineral spa",which seems rediculous considering theres really no other reason to go up there,especially this time of year.The spa consists of seperate rooms for the men and women with 8 bathtubs in each.The hours for soaking are crazy,from 9am till 6:45pm.I stopped by the spa after hours,what most people would consider the best soaking time,to see if it was open,and it was..But not to the public of course,its was open for the staff and there friends?There staff had no clue how to operate whats suppose to be a relaxing experience.This place could be so much better but I think its been lost to the hidious golf course they built.Lets face it-the type of people who enjoy a gift from mother earth such as a natural hot spring arent living on the same planet as those who enjoy the resource vampire we call a golf course-

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
24  Thank mike z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lyle
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!