“Almost Perfect”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 September 2007

Almost perfect BUT..There are no towel racks in the bathroom. NONE. There is just 6 inches of counter top space on either side of the bathroom sink. It took me 30 seconds to figure out how to turn on the faucet. After finding out how to turn it on I discovered it was impossible to adjust the water temperature with wet hands. A towel had to be used to accomplish this menial task. In spite of these shortcommings this place is ideal.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Notchbaby

Reviewed 28 August 2007

This by far the best bed & breakfast spot we have ever stayed. The cabins are so romantic & cozy. The breakfast is wonderful! We wish we could stay every week! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnaf826
Reviewed 24 August 2007

We were in Washington for 9 days in August, 2007 and stayed in 4 different B & B's. Carson Ridge was by far our favorite. The individual cabins gave us privacy and much needed peace and quiet. Our cabin was one bedroom and bath with a separate large jacuzzi tub. We had AC, TV, DVD, and a fireplace. The cabins are decorated beautifully and are kept very clean. The owners were onsite much of the time, and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. Breakfast was delicious each morning. The area is very near the Columbia River Gorge and just 20 minutes from a view of Mt. St. Helens. We would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend this B & B.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank jlgs72
Reviewed 5 August 2007

My husband and I enjoyed two nights, July 4 & 5, 2007, at Jim and Debbie's Carson Ridge B&B. I have to confess I grilled Jim on two separate phone calls about my expectations for cleanliness; he, always the gracious host, assured me of their guarantee. Well, we arrived with even more trepidation since the only activity in the area seemed to be wind surfing, not at all an activity we were interested in, and the otherwise unhurried living of a most rural countryside. However, a neat, well kept row of cabins and the most beautiful flower garden was revealed behind the wooden fence that fronts the property. Debbie greeted us at check in and assured her availability for any needs or wants even on the 4th. Upon opening the door to the cabin and crossing its threshold, I immediately breathed a sigh of relief and rejoicing - our little piece of country heaven was so fresh and clean. I am an absolute "fruit loop" about cleanliness. Trust me, there was not a speck of anything, anywhere! There was a basket of snacks awaiting us, dining table, refrig and microwave, spa tub and separate shower, downy house robes, TV, VCR, and DVD, and a most comfortable bed. Needless to say - we didn't leave the cabin until the next day. Almost, as if ordered by Jim, baby rabbits and a fawn greeted us from the lush yard the next morning. A hot, delicious breakfast, prepared by Debbie, was served at a designated time in the main house, and Jim was available to share area info. I also was allowed to utilize the laundry facilities. My husband and I absolutely loved everything about Carsen Ridge B&B. The area along the Columbia River is so beautiful; unfortunately, good eateries are few and quality accommodations are fewer. Accolades and superlatives to Jim and Debbie for hosting the "Best B&B" - clean, quality accommodations - for miles and miles. It was truly a pleasure, and we hated to leave! But we'll be back......guaranteed!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Florida-Chaos
Reviewed 25 June 2007

For a special occasion to celebrate and relax this is the place.
Our hosts Debbie and Jim were wonderful. They made our stay very special. We stayed in the Green Leaf cabin and felt pampered. The cabin decor was wonderful and the ammenites from the jetted tub, fireplace, candles, bathrobes, treats and comfy bed to your own private porch with a swing which looked out upon a meadow and mountains. Food was wonderful. From the quiches to the fruit cobbler's. They sent you off on your day with a hearty breakfast. It was truly 3 days to remember.

Krista and Ingmar
Portland, OR

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2007

Without ever having been to the Columbia River Gorge, I didn't have a good sense of the area when looking for places to stay there. My Internet searches seemed to lead me to Skamania Lodge repeatedly, so I looked into booking a room there, which was not available (in hindsight - thank goodness!). I happened upon Carson Ridge B&B, which seemed to be in a decent location along the Columbia River.
Carson Ridge B&B has a great website and so I knew our stay there would be nice based upon the photos displayed on the web. To my surprise, this B&B exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say this was the nicest and most charming B&B I have ever stayed in!
The location is great. It is a mile off the main road on the Washington side of the River. It is central and near a bridge, so it is an easy drive to hikes all along the River.
My boyfriend and I love the outdoors, so this place was perfect for us. We loved having our own cabin because it felt very private, which it was. They designed the cabins so that the view is of a lovely landscaped lawn with a large hillside full of trees in the distance. And you can't beat the porch swing! The inside of the cabins are decorated accordingly, with all the features matching the theme of a "cabin in the woods". Of course, the cabin wasn't rustic at all. They did a wonderful job of blending modern amenities with a natural feel. We loved the jetted tub. The pillow top bed with the incredibly soft sheets was the icing on the cake. My boyfriend and I agreed that it was the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on outside of our own. Not only that, the innkeepers, Debbie and Jim, thought of every detail to add a personal touch to the cabin. There were candles ready to be lit by the tub, a basket full of goodies for hiking or a late night snack, a soft blanket for cozying up near the fireplace in a leather chair . . . the list goes on!
On top of all this, the breakfasts were fantastic. We left full every morning.
And finally, the innkeepers, Debbie and Jim, were truly gracious and a pleasure to talk to. They exude goodness, and our conversations were such a great way to start the day in such a beautiful place like the Columbia River Gorge.
I HIGHLY recommend Carson Ridge B&B as a place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge. It is a luxury accommodation and is worth every cent. Of the various places we saw in the CRG, including the Skamania Lodge (we went there for dinner) and the CRG Hotel, Carson Ridge is hands down the nicest. However, if you are interested in fitness rooms, a large restaurant, or a sprawling lodge, this is obviously not your place.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CALove2Travel
Reviewed 11 May 2007

The Carson Ridge B&B is absolutely a dream come true for a couple trying to get away and relax. I stumbled across them online looking for a little getaway for my husband and self. This was exactly what we wanted and more.
When you arrive they are so friendly and welcoming to you. They show you the lovely dining room where there are cookies in the evening and a whole bunch of pop, teas, coffees any time you need them.
Then you see the lovely seperate cabins they have. Each are as private as can be and have a lovely swing and table and chairs on the porch area. Once inside I knew I wouldn't want to leave. Jim and Debbie had obviously spent a lot of time thinking over all aspects of the cabin. They are beautifully decorated with a huge log bed and luxury linens. It was the most comfortable bed too, what a great sleep! The large jetted tub was wonderful! They even have the candles and bath salts sitting there waiting for you. The table in our room had a basket of cookies and trail mix and goodies for us along with the coffees and teas. They also had a very nice note, single red rose, and a bottle of apple cider and glasses since they knew it was our anniversary. Thank you! Everything is already thought of for you and in the room. We even had a lovely Burts Bee's head to toe kit by the tub for us. They didn't put these things there for us and then add a $3 bottle of water and $4 cookies to our bill later. Everything was included in the price. They put them in our room to make sure we had everything we needed. We truly felt special and that they had thought of everything.
Oh my, and don't forget the breatkfast. It was delicious. They had everything freshly made and warm, biscuits, a peach cobbler, a hashbrown and sausage casserole that was delicious. They also had fresh fruit, ham, juice, and yogart. It was really a delicious breakfast. We didn't even need anything else to eat until late that afternoon.
If you want a romantic getaway or even a break from life, this is where you should go. Jim & Debbie really made a fantastic place and try to make everyones stay perfect.
We can not wait to get back there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
13 mi away
15 mi away
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!