I have a lot of fantastic things to say, and a few small criticisms. First, the cabins are wonderful -- just as cozy and beautiful as pictured. It would be impossible NOT to have a romantic weekend while staying here. And even though the cabins are located close to each other, we never heard any of the other guests. The fireplace is gas, so it's quick and easy to turn on and off. The jetted tub is relaxing. The beds are really comfortable -- they provide lots of pillows and blankets and comforters to add to the cozy feel. The cabin area is so quiet (we live in downtown Portland, so the absence of garbage trucks, ambulances, and jackhammers alone was a nice retreat). The host, Pete, was very warm and gracious with all of our requests. There were a lot of details that were taken care of, including providing candles, bath salts, a candle lighter, a wine opener, wine glasses,etc. Overall, Carson Cabins are cute and quaint. This is a great place to stay if you're planning on spending a lot of time in the cabin and really want to connect with your partner.
However, I was surprised by the location. On the website, it seems like it's located in a remote area, maybe at the end of a dead-end dirt road, or up in the hills... it's actually located along the main road in Carson. The main office is literally 10 feet from the road. Granted, you can't hear any traffic when you're in the cabin, but it's definitely not located in a secluded, wooded, private area. And I'm sure the grounds are beautiful...in the summer. In mid-March, the grounds were a little bare, but that's nothing that can be controlled, just something to consider if you're into lush, landscaped, flowering grounds. :)
If you're planning on doing a lot of activities in the Gorge, on the Oregon side, be aware that it's about a 10-15 minute drive just to cross the river... not to mention the $1 toll each way on the Bridge of the Gods (bring $1s -- if you use your debit/credit card, they charge $2).
One last note to anyone with dietary restrictions... the website says it's a buffet style breakfast. My boyfriend is vegan and I'm vegetarian... we didn't mention our dietary restrictions because we just figured we would be able to find something on the buffet line (like pancakes, toast, bagels, eggs, etc) we could eat. But it wasn't a buffet, aside from the toast and yogurt that was available. There were 2 main entrees served at each breakfast, both of which were amazing and gourmet (blueberry creme brulee french toast, peach cobbler, quiche, and a farmers casserole with sausage). Again, the entrees were very tasty, but it is definitely not a "buffet" in the traditional sense. Pete was gracious enough to bring some granola and make some eggs for us, but for anyone visiting Carson Ridge with dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.) -- tell them ahead of time so they can make a separate entree for you!!
Tip: We had dinner at the Skamania Lodge, in the River Rock Restaurant (a more casual and less expensive restaurant than their fine dining restaurant). The food was great, relaxing atmosphere, and fantastic views!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and rejuvenate your soul in the tranquility of your private, luxury Columbia River Gorge cabin. Spa tubs for 2, walk-in showers with dual shower heads, fireplaces, log beds, private porches with log swings, spectacular views, luxury linens, plush robes, spa services in your own romantic Washington cabin...need we say more? Our award-winning Columbia River Gorge lodging has been voted "The Best in the West", the "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in the Country", "Best Place to Celebrate Romance" and most recently won for the second year running, "Best of the Gorge". We have the Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle (EV) charge station onsite for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Hotel Carson
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Washington