“Perfect get away!”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband was in great need of a little R& R. He found Carson Ridge online and booked the weekend. It was perfect! Jennifer was the perfect hostess. She made sure we had everything we needed, right down to dinner reservations. The breakfast was fantastic and the cabins were so cozy. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 November 2011

It was my wife's Birthday and we travel allot. So I booked Carson for a weekend to enjoy. One of the best thing's was once we concluded our stay, it was only 30 min to home. The cabins
were great, the bed super and view wonderful. We also enjoyed a his and her massage.
That pretty much topped our weekend.
The Gorge is probably one of the most diverse and beautiful places to vist in all America
If you are looking for a delightful weekend get a way or a B&B destination I would recommend Carson Ridge

Room Tip: Pick the Hill top room for Privacy, View and Amenities
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Pete went out of his way to help map out our route through the state of Oregon. Our first stop was at his B&B . The comfortable cozy cabin was a great start for our adventure, and the delicious hardy breakfast prepared us for the several hikes we took that day. Visiting a place for the first time can be overwhelming but Pete made it easy for us. We loved all parts of our trip but here is where we found the most service with a lovely cabin . Thanks Pete

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We've been fortunate enough to stay twice at Carson Ridge Cabins in the last 3 months. We love everything!

Jennifer gave us a great introduction and tour on arrival and was easy to work with. We have stayed in the St Helens cabin each time we have been here - it is one of the new cabins, and has a great bathtub and comfortable bed. We liked the amenities which were provided in the room, and the quiet and privacy of the room. Although the cabins are located just off the road in Carson, we never noticed any road noise and felt like we had truly escaped away from everything. Jennifer recommended Skamania Lodge for dinner, which we enjoyed (we ate in the River Room, a smaller restuarant outside the main dining area).

We also enjoyed the delicious breakfast which was delivered to our cabin each morning - we ate it on the porch and enjoyed the scenery during breakfast. One of our favorite experiences has been enjoying the hammocks tucked back in the trees - we lost track of time there on our last visit...

Room Tip: The St Helens cabin is our favorite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharelle H
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I recently stayed at Carson Ridge Cabins for a personal inspiring retreat, I wanted to get away from the city to brainstorm on my upcoming work project.

The tranquil view of the mountains from the property is absolutely breathtaking and inspiring. Upon arrival I settled in to my cabin, the comfortable and relaxing atmosphere was more than I needed to get my mind re-focused. This is my second personal retreat to this particular location, I am definately going to be a return customer.

Hilights...
~delicious breakfast
~prompt and friendly staff...Pete knew all of the good spots for inspiring relaxation. Very eager to please and always a smile on his face!
~fantastic massage therapist (available upon request)
~QUIET relaxing and inspiring cabin...you have a peice of paradise all on your own
~one of the most comfortable sleeps I have ever had while on vacation
~clean rooms and very comfortable bedding/pillows

All over an A+ get away, I am very happy. I arrived tired and drained. I left inspired and well rested.

My next vacation to this retreat will be with my wife for a 'romantic' rendevous.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We flew from Virginia on Friday evening, arriving in Portland quite late. We entered the Gorge under a moonlit sky, following printed directions from the web-site and a personal voice mail from Peter. His encouraging message ensured a harmonious ending to our long journey in an unfamiliar place. He had left keys in an envelope with a friendly note, but came out to greet us anyway. How charming, we thought, as he cheerily guided us to our fire lit cabins; beautifully decorated, with prominent beds, fluffy towels, and more amenities than I can name. Thus, we spent our first night at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins sleeping soundly and comfortably, waking to discover we'd stumbled upon a wonderful secret. I won't tell you what gourmet treats awaited at breakfast, except to say you are in for a culinary delight. We spent 10 days as tourists in Oregon, to include the Timberline Lodge, but the two days and nights spent at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins were the pinnacle of our trip. We walked to local pubs and were treated like regulars. We hiked through beautiful scenery in nearby Eagle Creek. But we could have remained in our peaceful cabin, enjoying its comforts, or wandered the lovely, whimsical grounds and been just as happy. At all times we felt as if we'd entered an atmosphere of old world graciousness. Thank you Peter and Latisha for welcoming us into your little slice of heaven and treating us like long-lost friends.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KymeFamily
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I surprised my husband with a 2 night stay at Carson Ridge Cabins, and he was very pleasantly surprised indeed. The cabin (#1) was small, but just what we needed to get away from the chaos of life. We loved the grounds and the hammocks hidden in the trees above the cabins, as well as the private porch with swing. Our biggest regret was not having arrived early enough on the first day to take a bottle of wine to the hammocks and relax for a while prior to dinner. This is definitely a place to stay and not overplan other excursions, as you miss out on the peace and beauty of your surroundings (but difficult to achieve, given the numerous activities and sights in the area).

Pete was a wonderful host and had great advice to provide. He was well-respected at wineries and restaurants in the area. The breakfasts were great - our only wish would have been for an earlier breakfast so we could have started the day of sightseeing earlier (but I am certain Pete would have accommodated us if only we had asked). We were informed at check-in of the wifi code, yet were not informed it wasn't available in our cabin. This was a minor setback - as we were there to escape, so decided internet access wasn't critical anyway. The one item that I was looking forward to was the jacuzzi tub for two (as advertised online), yet there was no way my husband and I (both fairly small) could have fit in our tub.

Despite a few minor disappointments, this was by far our best mini vacation. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!