Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
RodewayInn
Skamania Lodge(Stevenson)
US$242
US$218
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
US$108
US$219
US$175
US$164
US$136
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Restaurant
All reviewshood riverporch swinggreen leafeach morninglavender bath saltsroom massagesjetted tubgas fireplacehomemade breakfastthe columbia gorgethought of everythingfresh fruitprivate cabinindividual cabinswonderful weekenddvd playerthe bed was extremely comfortable
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We usually spend our New Years Eve in a wild fashion but this year wanted a peaceful change and boy did we find it here. The cabins are nicely furnished with comfortable beds and the fireplace adds a cozy touch. Jennifer made us very comfortable each morning at our delicious breakfast. I tried to make the breakfast tortillas at home but they couldn't compare! When traveling I usually bring water but here it was nice because they have glass bottle of water in the mini fridge as well as wine ( the wine is NOT complementary). There were many scenic hikes and sites in the area as well as dinner locations in Stevenson and Hood River. We chose to drive to Old Mans Pass for some snowshoeing. We will definitely revisit this area again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Incredible! Could not ask for anything more. They thought of everything. Very comfortable, private setting and helpful, friendly staff. Amenities were ideal. Didn't need much outside our amazing cabin. Very romantic. They catered to my food allergies really well with the breakfast they delivered in the morning. Everything we could ever want! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I am so glad I chose to upgrade to one of the 3 larger cabins, we chose Mt. Adams. It was certainly worth the extra $$$. It was further from the office etc., the smaller cabins are closer to the road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Once again we took a chance on a Living Social advertisement. However, we didn't buy their special. Seeing that the dates we wanted were 'blacked out,' I called CRLC directly and spoke with Jennifer. She was able to get us in the cabin we wanted (Mt Hood) at a reasonable price even though it was a last-minute vacation. We are so glad she did! Mt Hood Cabin, as well as Jennifer, Latisha, and Pete exceeded all expectations that we had for this 'thrown together' trip. It was as if we planned for months!
Our cabin was perfectly supplied and situated for a private getaway. We were well taken care of, but also left alone and allowed to define our own need of interaction with the world. If we wanted TV, we had it. If we wanted cell phones and the internet, we had it (we could see the cell tower outside past the trees, but it wasn't a distraction.). We mainly chose to relax, read, and enjoy each other. My husband learned to play Skip-bo, which I've known how to play since the late-60's. He won. I won. He won again. Oh well, we'll play later.
We ventured toward Mount St Helens on our last day. The first real snow had just fallen that night so we weren't sure how far we'd get. We made it to the first viewpoint for the mountain, took pictures, and turned around. There was a family stuck off the side of the road in the snow. We carry a tow strap and survival gear with us for 'just in case' situations. The family was appreciative, and we felt good getting to help them.
Staying at CRLC was one of the most refreshing trips we've had. The breakfasts were fantastic (my favorite - apple pancakes!), and the snacks supplied in our cabin were more than enough to keep us satisfied til we went into Stevenson to eat. (Gotta tell ya that the Venus Cafe cooks a great burger!) One unexpected surprise was the small doe that stayed under our porch and ate on the surrounding vegetation. Apparently, she was orphaned after the last hunting season. What a treat for us to see her out of our window!
Needless to say, we'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed at Carson ridge for our anniversary this past year and I really didn't know what to expect as we had never stayed at a BnB before - we were absolutely blown away by how wonderful Carson Ridge is!
It is far enough from home (~2hrs) that we felt like we were really getting away, but not so far away that we spent all day traveling to get there. Carson Ridge is the peak of luxury. We seriously barely left the cabin our entire time there. We did venture out for some sight seeing and yummy dinner (Inn Keeper Pete recommended a great place in Hood River for an anniversary dinner) Breakfast was to die for and having the big tub and fire place was great. We also enjoyed picking out some movies from their collection and tried all the teas and hot chocolates they offered =) we stayed in one of the "smaller" cabins this year and I just booked one of the big cabins for our anniversary next year. That date can't get here fast enough and I'm ready for some of the wonderful R&R that Carson Ridge provides so well.

I have seen a few people comment on road noise so I thought I'd chime in on that. When we first pulled in I was a little worried when we saw that the property is near the road. However, there is a tall fence, vegetation and the offices between the road and any of the cabins. We stayed in one of the closest cabins to the road and not once did we hear any road noise. It's also important to note that this isn't a busy road, it is a road where traffic is moving slowly through town- So I really wouldn't worry about hearing road noise. They also had a clock with a built in white noise maker so you could turn that on over night if you really could hear the road for some reason. Silly as it sounds, the white noise maker was one of the things that made us fall in love with Carson Ridge as my husband has Tinnitus and we pack a white noise maker with us wherever we go to help him sleep- this was the first place we have ever stayed that provided one, how thoughtful and over the top! Thanks Carson Ridge, we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The reception we received when we arrived and also during our stay WAS OUT OF SIGHT! It was definitely worth the drive. The cabin was off the charts. BEAUTIFUL and COZY. We had the GREATEST TIME and will be returning. The employees were so professional and took good care of us. LOVE to each of them for their care and provisions. They went out of their way to make our stay MEMORABLE! Thanks again for everything.

Room Tip: The cabins on the hill are quiet and have a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple