After a week in Portland, I spent 2 nights at Carson Ridge in the Green Leaf Cabin. I have been to Portland on business many times and only visited the gorge on day trips. I reviewed and researched bed and breakfasts all through the Gorge area and I hit the jackpot with Carson Ridge. I never got the opportunity to meet Latisha, but Pete was fantastic and so hospitable. It is because of Innkeepers like Pete that I continue to spoil myself with Inns like this.
This is a very unique bed and breakfast. The accomodations are individual cabins that are both luxurious and rustic. The bed was downright heavenly with a very comfortable mattress and a snuggly goose down duvet and pillows. The bed is hand crafted from reclaimed timber and there is wood trim all through the cabin adding to the rustic feel. On the porch there was a table with 2 chairs and a swing. If the weather had been better, I would have loved to spend an afternoon in the swing reading a book and drinking a nice glass of local wine.
This location is definitely an excellent romantic couples retreat but it is also a fabulous mind, body and soul kind of place which is exactly what I was looking for. I do hope to return with my husband one day and experience the romantic side of this beautiful place.
And finally there is Pete who carried my bag to my cabin while also carrying his child. He made me feel very welcome and at home. He provided some excellent winery suggestions. He cooks the most delicious breakfast which consisted of a fruit bowl with yogurt and granola, a quiche and a peach cobbler. My last morning I had to make a flight out of Portland so I left earlier than their normal breakfast time. I checked out and Pete had made me a breakfast burrito to go and 2 almond poppy seed muffins.
I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for accomodations that are luxurious and comfortable with very hospitable personal service. I know this will not be my last visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and rejuvenate your soul in the tranquility of your private, luxury Columbia River Gorge cabin. Spa tubs for 2, walk-in showers with dual shower heads, fireplaces, log beds, private porches with log swings, spectacular views, luxury linens, plush robes, spa services in your own romantic Washington cabin...need we say more? Our award-winning Columbia River Gorge lodging has been voted "The Best in the West", the "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in the Country", "Best Place to Celebrate Romance" and most recently won for the second year running, "Best of the Gorge". We have the Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle (EV) charge station onsite for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Hotel Carson
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Washington