“Beautiful Peaceful Cabins”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

These cabins are truely beautiful and so is their location. I spent time at Carson Ridge B&B's before I met my husband and loved it so much that this is where we came when we needed some true R&R and escaped the kids to these cabins for a week. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to the crickets and soaking up the surrounding nature. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the many adventures that the Gorge had to offer us. The location of these cabins is right next to so many beautiful waterfalls, hikes, wineries, windsurfing, national parks, stunning view points and so much more. The cabins themselves are absolutely beautiful each is designed and decorated differently with very comfortable large custom-made beds, large jacuzzie's, an abundance of snacks and wonderful tasty breakfasts. The second time we were here I ordered a massage and was so thankful I did as it was a very personal healing massage. We really enjoyed our time at the cabins and hope we can have another get-away to this peaceful location in the Gorge Valley. If you're looking for a personal experience and not just an every-day hotel then this is the place for you! Pete and Latisha offer so much to their guests. This would be a beautiful place to have a wedding!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2012

My visit to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins was a glorious couple of days away from the demands of life. The cabins are so lovely with many special touches. The bed was heavenly and the jetted tub was a real treat! My favorite part was early morning coffee on the porch swing, listening to the birds and drinking in the fabulous scenery. The innkeepers, Pete and Latisha , make you feel so comfortable and welcome. Without a doubt, I will be return for another stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Love, love, LOVE this place. We have made the 15 hour drive to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins every year for four years now. We find the cabins themselves to be just the right amount of luxury mixed with rustic beauty. You can step out of your vehicle and just feel the tension and stress in your life melt away. The grounds are AMAZING in full bloom. We don't know how they do it, but they are a great place to while away an afternoon. The breakfasts are always scrumptious; the creme brulee french toast is TO DIE FOR! We love the fact that it's just a short drive to some great wineries, eclectic and fun towns, foodie-worthy restaurants and dynamite scenic spots. The owners, Pete and Latisha, treat you like good friends and go that extra mile. We have just returned from yet another amazing stay (winter, this time!) and can't wait to plan our next trip there. Thanks, P & L for another great experience!

Room Tip: They have two pet friendly cabins so you can bring your best friend, too! Just make sure to request!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I visit these cabins at least several times a year, for the past five years. We like them because they are quiet, romantic, cozy and staff is friendly. My husband and I enjoy hiking and wine tasting, so almost always we do those things when we stay at one of the cabins. The cabins have a rustic elegance to them. The food is very tasty, and there is always an abundance! The views are beautiful, and one of our favorites is the swing outside the cabins... we love to have a glass of wine to unwind the day out on the swing, and watch the stars. These cabins are beautiful in all four seasons! As for the owners, Pete and Latisha- they are very kind, and personable. Even the staff which cleans the cabins are kind and will always wish you a great day or good morning! I highly recommend this resort to others. Personally, we took our sister and her husband here (and they loved it), and later took our parents to these cabins (and they loved them too!). The cabins are not the cheapest- but that is because you are getting more for your money than just a room at a hotel. These are private cabins, designed and decorated beautifully- with exceptional service and hot gourmet breakfast! my husband and I travel a lot, and Carson Ridge B&B is one of our favorite spots to go!- in fact, right on the swing is where my husband proposed to me years ago.... that is how special this place is to us!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariya f
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The cabins are wonderful. Nice decor, big comfortable beds, friendly staff and quiet winter location. If you want to enjoy your traveling companion or a good book, you will like the setting. There is not a lot to do in Carson, if you don't want to hike, ski, etc. It is an outdoor mecca but not very developed as far as nightlife or shopping. It is a great getaway from the craziness of the modern world. If you don't need to be entertained, you will like it.

Room Tip: No kids are allowed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is the all-time worst bed and breakfast! My wife and I wasted our time and money. I don't advise anybody to go to this cabin. The food is horrible the massages suck and the wineries are terrible and last but not least it is very overpriced!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Topps0404
carsonridge1261, Owner at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

We find this review very disturbing/alarming to say the least. Therefore we have taken it upon ourselves to personally call our previous guests of whom had massages in the last couple months to find out who had such a terrible experience. We wanted to first offer an apology and second ascertain what exactly was so horrible about their experience for we can not correct/improve ourselves if do not know what to correct/improve. Every guest we called who had massages loved their massages. This has left us confused and very suspicious as to the validity of the review.

If indeed this review was posted from a true guest who has actually stayed with us, we offer our sincerest apologies. Our job is to provide each and every guest with the most relaxing, rejuvenating and memorable stay ever. Which in this case we failed to do.

As far as our prices for lodging, they are based on the comparable accommodations or services guests would receive in the surrounding area. We encourage those who book with us to compare our prices with comparable places with comparable amenities; such as 2 person hydrotherapy tubs, fireplaces, views, handmade log beds, outdoor private patios, stand alone cabins, full breakfast daily and in-cabin spa services if you wish to add this service.

We do appreciate constructive reviews from guests as it helps us to continually improve ourselves. In this case, we are not sure what happened to make the guests stay so horrible when every one else loves their stay so much, so all we can offer is a sincere apology and we would love to welcome you back to offer you that feeling everyone else has when they leave here.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

After a week in Portland, I spent 2 nights at Carson Ridge in the Green Leaf Cabin. I have been to Portland on business many times and only visited the gorge on day trips. I reviewed and researched bed and breakfasts all through the Gorge area and I hit the jackpot with Carson Ridge. I never got the opportunity to meet Latisha, but Pete was fantastic and so hospitable. It is because of Innkeepers like Pete that I continue to spoil myself with Inns like this.

This is a very unique bed and breakfast. The accomodations are individual cabins that are both luxurious and rustic. The bed was downright heavenly with a very comfortable mattress and a snuggly goose down duvet and pillows. The bed is hand crafted from reclaimed timber and there is wood trim all through the cabin adding to the rustic feel. On the porch there was a table with 2 chairs and a swing. If the weather had been better, I would have loved to spend an afternoon in the swing reading a book and drinking a nice glass of local wine.

This location is definitely an excellent romantic couples retreat but it is also a fabulous mind, body and soul kind of place which is exactly what I was looking for. I do hope to return with my husband one day and experience the romantic side of this beautiful place.

And finally there is Pete who carried my bag to my cabin while also carrying his child. He made me feel very welcome and at home. He provided some excellent winery suggestions. He cooks the most delicious breakfast which consisted of a fruit bowl with yogurt and granola, a quiche and a peach cobbler. My last morning I had to make a flight out of Portland so I left earlier than their normal breakfast time. I checked out and Pete had made me a breakfast burrito to go and 2 almond poppy seed muffins.

I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for accomodations that are luxurious and comfortable with very hospitable personal service. I know this will not be my last visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lori L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
13 mi away
15 mi away
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!