“We will be back!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Beaverton Oregon
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Mt. Adams cabin on 1/31 and 2/1. We were really impressed by how clean, tidy, beautiful, and unique this cabin was. We loved that gorgeous log framed bed! I was told by Staci that the bed was made from reclaimed wood from forest fires. I thought that was so unique and really did confirm the owners commitment to their environment.

All the little touches were lovely. We enjoyed the tub, fireplace, the snack basket they provide, the candles, and just the quiet. We never felt bothered. We loved the selection of movies to watch and I have to say the food in the mornings was very good. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try to duplicate one of the menu items because I loved it so much. (wish me luck)

Unfortunately, we did not get to meet the owners or their cute little dogs. Hopefully next time we come, because as my review title says we will be back! We have already told friends about it.

Staci was very kind and accommodating and suggested a few places that we could go for dinner. (we chose a place called Stonehedge in Hood River and it was wonderful) I believe it was her that even suggested the wine tour we took. Our guide Martin was very knowledgable and we had a good time.

We are so glad we discovered this place!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
petesteadman, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Sounds like you and Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins were a perfect fit! So glad you came and spent time with us. Let me know if you need help with recreating breakfast ...in fact, you should come back for a second taste - research is critical to getting it just right, don't you know! See you soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed in one of the new cabins, Mt. St. Helens, for two nights in mid February and I can honestly say I am already planning our return for this summer.

The location is beautiful. It was so quiet and peaceful. There are hiking trails on the property, chairs to read and enjoy the view, and the porch swings are a nice touch.

The cabins are very romantic. The beds are heavenly, we ordered some of the bamboo sheets for ourselves they were that fabulous. The hydrotherapy tub was a treat and the extra touch of breakfast delivered to our cabin made it all the more relaxing.

There are 10 cabins total and they are close together, but it didn't feel like you were. All 10 cabins were occupied but we hardly ever saw another couple, the cabins really are private. As they all face the lawn area I would imagine when the weather gets warmer you may see more of tour neighbors. The best part, this B&B is kid free!

The inn keeper was fabulous, she was always available to make suggestions or answer questions.

Overall our stay was enjoyable and relaxing, we will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
Ahhh - I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! And how about those sheets? Best part is the no ironing - am I right? Hope to see you before the leaves change colors!
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 4 February 2013

These cabins are absolutely fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our anniversary weekend. Pete and Staci were very accommodating...even to my crazy diet needs. They specially made a separate breakfast for me on one of the mornings that met my special diet requirements...no other hotel would have done that. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
We aim to serve! Thanks for giving us the opportunity. Glad you enjoyed your time here - and do come again!
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Carson Ridge. I have found that the owners are constantly making small changes to improve visitor experience at Carson Ridge. The area is so beautiful with so much to do that in the future I would like to find a way to spend my whole vacation there. This time we stopped by Carson Ridge on our way into Oregon. It is a great location to refresh and rejuvante from the road! The beds are super comfortable, the soaker tub works out all the kinks and the fireplace sets a relaxing tone. I enjoyed the great breakfasts and love that they offer in room massage!

All in all this place is one of our favorite B7Bs to visit!

Room Tip: If you really want to treat yourself spring for one of the big new cabins! They are stunning and hav...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Aurora, Oregon
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We have discovered a truly wonderful B & B at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins/B&B in Carson, Wa.

This B & B Is distinct because you have the privacy of your own adorable cabin with the luxury and pampering of a B & B.

Our cabins were both gorgeous with fireplace, jacuzzi tub, and the most fabulous bed. Once you climb into the wonderful bed with comfortable mattress and luxurious linens you feel like you are in a cloud!

The cabins are rustic yet luxurious with amazing attention to detail. There are snacks, kitchenettes and even a glass jar of cotton balls and q-tips, which I always forget. The decor is rustic with towel hooks made from wee tree branches-the entire cabin is delightful.

After a quiet relaxing sleep you enjoy breakfast either delivered to your door in a big basket or in the diningroom by the fireplace. The food is incredible, all homemade and delicious!

The owner, innkeeper and chef extraordinaire Pete is absolutely charming, upbeat and loves what he is doing. He is a joy to meet!

We came to Carson Ridge for a 2 day Christmas holiday and are now finishing a 4 day New Years Holiday. We enjoyed the first weekend so much we had to come back.

We have traveled a lot and found Carson Ridge to be at the top of our list of wonderful holiday destinations. Carson Ridge is just a 45 minute scenic drive from Portland, Or, which makes it perfect for a quick getaway. We will definately be back!
Stan & Gloria Hahn, Portland, OR

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria H
Yellowknife
Reviewed 31 December 2012

These cabins are truely beautiful and so is their location. I spent time at Carson Ridge B&B's before I met my husband and loved it so much that this is where we came when we needed some true R&R and escaped the kids to these cabins for a week. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to the crickets and soaking up the surrounding nature. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the many adventures that the Gorge had to offer us. The location of these cabins is right next to so many beautiful waterfalls, hikes, wineries, windsurfing, national parks, stunning view points and so much more. The cabins themselves are absolutely beautiful each is designed and decorated differently with very comfortable large custom-made beds, large jacuzzie's, an abundance of snacks and wonderful tasty breakfasts. The second time we were here I ordered a massage and was so thankful I did as it was a very personal healing massage. We really enjoyed our time at the cabins and hope we can have another get-away to this peaceful location in the Gorge Valley. If you're looking for a personal experience and not just an every-day hotel then this is the place for you! Pete and Latisha offer so much to their guests. This would be a beautiful place to have a wedding!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My visit to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins was a glorious couple of days away from the demands of life. The cabins are so lovely with many special touches. The bed was heavenly and the jetted tub was a real treat! My favorite part was early morning coffee on the porch swing, listening to the birds and drinking in the fabulous scenery. The innkeepers, Pete and Latisha , make you feel so comfortable and welcome. Without a doubt, I will be return for another stay!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!