“Beautiful retreat”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed in the Mt Hood cabin. The tub is fantastic as is the shower. Delivered breakfast? Unheard of....a most wonderful amenity and delicious to boot! The bed....most comfortable we have ever slept in on vacation. The grounds are simply beautiful, relaxing and most enjoyable to walk around. The cabins are quite close together, as other reviewers have said, but are still very private. You can sit on your deck and not see your neighbor due to privacy walls. Everything is beautiful inside and out.....and Staci the Innkeeper is awesome! Highly recommend.

1  Thank welikecabobest
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thanks for sharing your impressions of our little slice of the Gorge! Every single staff member here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins really love what we do and are so pleased to have such amazing guests to serve. If I could tell potential guests one thing it would be - TRUST US - we will make this is your best holiday ever! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Carson Ridge in the fall and the weather was spectacular. We enjoyed watching the kite boarders and the endless trails available. The innkeepers were great and did a wonderful job answering questions about the area. The breakfast was spectacular and every morning they provided something new and fresh. The only negative was the location. There was no road noise or anything that could be heard from the cabins, but there is really nothing to see or do in the tiny town of Carson. We spent the majority of our time driving to Hood River which was only 25 miles away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug340
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your time here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins! The entire Gorge is a magical place isn't it? We are so proud of our quiet little unincorporated town. We all work very hard to make your vacation our number one priority! It is a fabulous place to relax, unwind, rejuvenate and even launch from - just as these fine guests did! Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have been to Carson Ridge Private Luxury Cabins many times before and it continues to be one of our favorite B&B's. The new innkeeper, Staci, was fantastic, from the time we made our reservation to the time we said good bye. The cabin was wonderful, the breakfast was outstanding and the tips on places to go were spot on. Thanks for another wonderful stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Even though the weather was "soft" your presence here made it lovely! It is so much fun to have return guests - it is like family coming home. Our door is always open and the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins crew looks forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I recetly returned from a fantastic stay (April 5-7 2013) Our cabin was every bit as luxious as defined by broshure and the website. Every imaginable luxurious detail was
provided within our quaint cabin. The cabins are architectually situated for one to have privacy from others and other cabins. The lovely and well planned grounds were beautiful even through the intense spring rain! We have stayed many, many places along the Columbia River Gorge and have been consistently disappointed that these hotels or B&B's did not provide the great luxurious, private, and positive experiences they advertised. A few miles above the River, is Carson Ridge Private Luxory Cabins, it DID give us this wonderful experience in such that I will never stay anywhere else when traveling to The Columbia River Gorge! The Innkeeper Stacy was truly the icing of the cake! She cares very deeply for her "home" Carson Ridge Cabins-and went above and beyond to make our stay very memorable in so many nurturing
and pleaurable ways. Her food was fantastic too! Many thanks to you Stacy and your staff for
reigniting that pleasure that has been missing from other retreats to the Columbia River area.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are luxurious and private. I can't wait to stay in any other one on my next t...
1  Thank JosieF181

It is so much fun to spoil our guests! Every member of the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins crew is dedicated to making sure the details are handled so all you have to do is relax and enjoy. I am so glad you were able to embrace all that makes this place so special. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you next time you come this way!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We could not believe our eyes as we pulled up to these " luxury" cabins! It looked like a bunch of garden sheds lined up , only a few feet apart from each other, looking out at a what looked like unmowed lawn. We looked inside to see they were marginal, nothing like the 267.00 price point they wanted, more like what I would imagine about 110. Rate. I am a travel agent, and it was so obvious these cabins were not in the caliber they were charging for. It reminded me of a glorified trailer park, with barrel fountains and all. We left, first time we have ever done this, still fighting to get our money back.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Collette V
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

We take our luxury cabin status quite serious and pride ourselves on achieving and maintaining pinnacle ratings with Select Registry and the Diamond Collection with Bed and Breakfast.com - the top two industry inspection organizations. Our cabins sit nestled on the edge of a beautiful, natural-grass and flower meadow which is just now beginning to show the signs of spring. In just a couple of weeks the meadow will be alive with indigenous flowers and grasses that are truly spectacular! Our natural setting is designed to be tranquil and peaceful without a lot of fuss. We are a unique property looking to spoil our guests with hospitality, attention to detail and a quiet place to relax. I am so sorry you were not happy and we have been doing everything possible to make sure the situation is rectified swiftly.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

These private cabins have the most comfortable beds I have ever been in. The fireplace was great and the setting was lovely. Robes, towels, etc were wonderful. The place is very friendly and they leave you alone-which is great. The only negative was the breakfast. It is delivered to your cabin which we loved. However, the biscuits were cold, hard and salty, the gravy like library paste. The next day's breakfast was better-a kind of egg casserole. Sweet things were excellent. Great coffee. We'll be back for sure-maybe we can get a hot breakfast next time?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased you liked our gorgeous property, amenities and sweet things served at breakfast! And I do agree - the beds are out of this world. Clearly the biscuits and gravy you experienced lost something along the way as that dish tends to be among one of the most asked for entrees! My deepest appreciation for your willingness to come back again. I will continue to strive to make sure breakfast is not only tasty but served piping hot to all of our guests!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and I just got back from spending our honeymoon at Carson Ridge. It was exactly what we needed! We are 21, not exactly the age group that appears to frequent there. But we wanted the quiet and the relaxation, and especially the beauty!

We stayed in the Mount Hood cabin, which is the most private cabin they offer. Honestly, it wasn't as secluded as we expected it to be but it was definitely more so than the others and it wasn't a bother at all! It was too cold for us to enjoy the porch anyway, even though every morning before breakfast was delivered I would go outside in hopes that I could somehow stay warm outside to enjoy a cup of coffee.

The decor was nice, but I think it appears to an older generation. Even so, there was still something very relaxing about it. Besides, I cannot complain because the wood bed was gorgeous and the mattress provided the best sleep I've had in months. I dream about being able to sleep on that bed again one day!

I loved that I could control the temperature with the fireplace, since it was gas. My husband and I would usually just come in at night and play scrabble by the fire and watch some TV. That might sound boring at first, but believe me it was a highlight of my trip! I loved spending my evenings just hanging out and spending time with the one I love with a board game.

Another highlight of Carson: Stacy. I do not think I will ever forget the incredible service she extended to us! She was so helpful in providing information on area and with things to do. She was just a joy to talk to visit with. She is a reason itself to go and visit!

While the town of Carson isn't right next door to the more touristy parts of the Gorge, it was a very short drive to all the places we wanted to see. We actually preferred the extra driving to look at scenery.

For any young people looking at this location, I urge you to go! We stayed in portland a couple of nights before coming back to Arkansas and while we loved portland, our hotel could not compete in any way with what Carson Ridge gave us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Serenawren

Thanks for your youthful perspective! We take hospitality and service to our guests very seriously and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our beds are quite delightful and the fireplace and games are the perfect excuse to stay in and do absolutely nothing! We look forward to welcoming the two of you back for your 1 year anniversary. And congratulations again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
13 mi away
15 mi away
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!