“Marching thru Carson”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wichita, Kansas
“Marching thru Carson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I loved the place. What can I say.....
- Spacious
- More hot water than I could ever use
- The best breakfast I've had in years
- Lovely area
- Great directions and fantastic suggestions of what to go see
- Close proximity to the mountains yet far enough away from the traffic
- Breathtaking view from the window in the morning of the clouds on the mountains

I just love this place, the price was well within reason for my traveling budget, I did not stay in the most expensive cabin, but one that met my budget. Clean sheets (amazing to sleep under) the tub was relaxing and the shower was my favorite. Staci the innkeeper was just a joy to chat with, if the chance ever comes up to be in the area again you can bet I will be staying at Carson Ridge.

Room Tip: I liked the privacy of the cabins
Green Features: I've never been "environmentally-friendly" but, I just loved the use of reclaimed lumber all around the property and inside the cabins.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Clearly you got the heart out of the Gorge on your visit! I am so appreciative of the detail you shared here - we work very hard to tell the story of our special place but I often think our guests do a much better job than we do! Carson Ridge Luxury Cabin's door is always open and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My boyfriend and I received a Living Social Deal for a 2 night stay at Carson Ridge as a gift for my birthday and it was amazing. We arrived on the later side on a Friday evening in late March 2013 but Staci, the phenomenal innkeeper, still made the time to meet us and warmly welcome us to our cabin (which was Green Leaf). We opened the cabin door and were greeted with a warm fire and a "Happy Birthday" set up with drinks and treats. Staci had plenty of suggestions for activities, wine tasting and dining (ask her about the smore's dessert, it was a perfect post-in-room-couples-massage treat). The bamboo sheets were phenomenal - I'm planning to get a set for my home. They strive to be environmentally friendly with their products (shampoo, soap, towels, etc) which is nice. Breakfast was delicious and delivered to our cabin. Staci is truly an asset to Carson Ridge and I hope the owners recognize this. Any issue we had, she quickly and apologetically resolved it. For example, we had planned to snuggle in and watch a movie after our relaxing couples massage but noticed the TV wasn't working. She came to our cabin right away and without missing a beat, removed our older broken TV and brought us her personal (much nicer) flat screen to use, all in the span of about 10 minutes. Yes, the cabins aren't completely secluded but they are quiet and the close proximity to town made it convenient for two people unfamiliar with the area to walk across the street the the local brewery for a late dinner after our arrival. And Hood River is just a short ride away. The Gorge is stunning so I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy here. I would love to return someday when I've saved some pennies (it is pricey, so look out for future Living Social/Groupon deals) and probably in April or May, when the Hood River "Fruit Loop" is in full bloom (we were there a bit too early). I would definitely recommend staying here - for the top notch innkeeper service, the cozy yet luxurious cabin feel, and the proximity to the Gorge and Hood River.

Room Tip: I have no complaints about "Green Leaf "and it's a tad more private than the other sma...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
We strive every day to make things just perfect for our guests. And most days we hit the mark. On occasion, TV sets do breathe their last breath...a laid back, kind, easy going attitude from you made me want to please you even more! Thank you for being such gracious guests. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time here. See you next time.
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The room was nice however I was disappointed at the location of the cabin ie..it is off a local street with other cabins in a group. They tried to do some landscaping to spruce it up however for $300 a night, I have had better....much better.

We do need to give kudo's to the Innkeeper Staci. She is an asset to this place and I hope the owners are compensating her well.

We enjoyed our stay and Staci's conversation however would probably look elsewhere due to the cost and location.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Owner at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
It’s great to read that you enjoyed your cabin & Staci’s hospitality. The cabins are such a relaxing escape from most people’s busy schedule. Guests usually love our location being so centrally located within the Gorge, only 45 minutes from Portland airport and surrounded by numerous hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls. We enjoy being away from the noise of highway traffic & trains that run along the banks of the Columbia River.

Our landscaping is very carefully thought out to provide a peaceful natural setting for our guests and offering the most privacy between each of the cabins. We allow the meadow grasses to grow naturally to provide habitat for local wildlife.

If you have any concerns about our location please visit the satellite view of Google maps “1261 Wind River Road” Where you can see that we are located off a local street and how the cabins are arranged. The cabins are orientated towards the tree covered Carson Ridge or the mountains on the Oregon side of the Gorge. You have the feel of being in a remote location but the convenience of being able to walk to a small grocery store, local brew pub & a restaurant.

If you have suggestions as to what we could be doing better or different we encourage guests to let us know so that we can offer the best possible experience for them & future guests.
Concord
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Carson Ridge Cabins. We made our trip very last minute and found this place via other reviews. We found the cabin very clean, rustic (bed frame made from local timber) with nice modern amenities such as a gas fireplace, whirlpool tub big TV. I would say the best part of staying there was the breakfast. We got the package with breakfast delivered to the cabin. When Staci arrived each morning at 9am, I called her my 2nd favorite person (behind my wife) since she brought baked french toast, and sausage egg dish one morning and peach cobbler and delicious breakfast burritos the next.
Staci was also very kind to help us plan our day with wine tasting, visit to an out of the way waterfall and even lent my wife her tennis shoes for the short hike. Not a bad thing to say about the place.
Oh yeah, you don't find great hotel beds when traveling, but this one rivaled our sleep number at home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Yeah! I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. Fixing breakfast is one of my most favorite things about innkeeping. I think when you love cooking that emotion is transferred to the food. So, I invite you back and I will again cook your breakfast with love! And I will share my tennis shoes as well. :)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights in April, 2013 and had a very mixed experience. The innkeeper was wonderful and did a great job making us feel welcome, and did her best to resolve the problems we had. Here's the scoop: the facility is located in the tiny town of Carson which is centrally located to explore the Columbia Gorge. Upon arrival we were a bit disappointed to discover that the cabins are situated in the middle of town, not the more secluded location we were hoping for. We were checked in to our cabin, but we discovered to our dismay that the bedsheets and pillows were literally covered with pet hair. Not just a little, but A LOT. It was obvious that the sheets had not been changed by housekeeping since the last guest. We called the innkeeper and she was very apologetic, and she immediately upgraded us to another cabin. This one was clean, but a bit shoddy, with stains on the carpet. chipped paint on the furniture, and bag of trash left by a previous guest in the closet. It wasn't terrible, but for a place billed as a "luxury" cabin it was disappointing. However, the bed was very comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub was wonderful. Breakfasts were good, and the grounds were lovely, so we decided to overlook the inconsistencies. However, I would not stay here again unless they dropped the price significantly and I can't recommend it to other travelers. There are many other better options for the price in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pcumby
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. We take your comments very seriously. The issue was addressed immediately with staff and additional procedures have been put in place to ensure this does not happen again. We recognize you have other choices where to spend your vacation and truly do work to provide an amazing experience. If you are ever in the area again we would like the opportunity to earn your repeat business. Your honesty is appreciated... Onward and upward!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We came here with friends for a New Years celebration. We both had our own cabins side by side, which was nice so we could be together, but not have to share a room. It was a wonderful experience. The Cabins were absolutely gorgeous, the owners obviously thought of every detail to make a stay comfortable and then some, we even had complimentary snacks and drinks. The grounds were beautiful too. A lot of attention has been put into the landscaping to even make the dead of winter look beautiful.
On New years day it was warm enough for us to take our mimosas to the lookout point on the top of the property where there is a stunning view of the Gorge.
Our friends that we came with were return guests of Carson Ridge and they recommended that we come along with them for this trip and we are sure glad we did. We loved it and we will now be return guests as well.
I would recommend this resort as both a place for romance and as a place for friends to get together.

Room Tip: The new cabins have stunning views of the gorge. I think they are called the Mt Hood, Mt Saint Hele...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Oh what a fun New Year's celebration! Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience. Not to brag - but if you thought the grounds were pretty in the winter you should see them now - absolutely gorgeous! In fact, please come visit us soon. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed in the Mt Hood cabin. The tub is fantastic as is the shower. Delivered breakfast? Unheard of....a most wonderful amenity and delicious to boot! The bed....most comfortable we have ever slept in on vacation. The grounds are simply beautiful, relaxing and most enjoyable to walk around. The cabins are quite close together, as other reviewers have said, but are still very private. You can sit on your deck and not see your neighbor due to privacy walls. Everything is beautiful inside and out.....and Staci the Innkeeper is awesome! Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank welikecabobest
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Thanks for sharing your impressions of our little slice of the Gorge! Every single staff member here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins really love what we do and are so pleased to have such amazing guests to serve. If I could tell potential guests one thing it would be - TRUST US - we will make this is your best holiday ever! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!