“Weekend Getaway”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed 2 nights here recently & enjoyed a nice romantic weekend away. The service was excellent from the start. Staci is the most hospitable host that I've ever encountered. She was very helpful offering to serve breakfast to the cabin both mornings & offering good tips on local things to do. The cabins are equipped very nicely with a romantic fireplace & comfortable bed. The rooms were immaculate & noise was nonexistent when we were there. It is very peaceful in the Carson area. My favorite thing about this B&B was the gourmet breakfast. Literally the best breakfast I've ever had in my entire life.
The only cons were value & location of the cabins. We felt like the room price was a little inflated for the Carson area. Also, we were a little disappointed that the cabins were so close to each other & weren't further back off the road. Ideally, the cabins would have good spacing & sit in a more remote location to enhance privacy & the overall aura of what a B&B should be in such a naturesque place like the Columbia Gorge.
Overall, I would recommend this place to friends because of the pro's far outweigh the cons. There are so many things to do in the Gorge & Hood River is only a scenic 20 minute drive away. Make sure you bring some ones for the toll bridges. If dining out in the Hood River area, I would recommend Stone Henge Gardens for a nice dinner out. Do not eat at the Columbia Gorge Hotel as it is overpriced & the food is very bland. The Naked Winery was alot of fun, too! Oh, the Backwoods Brewery across the street from Carson Ridge is also a neat place for a good lunch & beer.

Room Tip: Green Leaf has a nice view of the forest in the distance.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntc17c
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for the glowing comments about Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins! I am humbled by your generous comments. When the owners first discovered the Inn they knew they had come across something quite remarkable. And consequently they spent a tremendous amount of energy, love and craftsmanship ensuring each cabin has as much privacy as possible. They are masters at creative landscaping! We feel so fortunate to be be located in Carson - it is quiet, yet in the heart of all the Gorge activity! Come and let our attention to detail, hospitality and especially the tranquility refresh you.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

My wife booked Carson Ridge as a surprise anniversary present. We both loved it. The cabin was very luxurious, romantic, private, cozy, incredibly comfortable. Lets just say it was everything you could want for an anniversary. There are even log swings on the cabin decks where we sat at night with our wine and enjoyed star gazing.
We came up from NoCal for our anniversary and wanted to enjoy the area as was well. The cabins were in the perfect location for this. They were very central to all the surounding activities.
It is the kind of place that you would make into a yearly anniversary retreat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

I do believe you caught the essence of romance while staying here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins! One of the things we strive for here on our unique property is a special, exclusive place to share your love. Come with an open heart and a willing spirit and we will do the rest - luxury and great service - all for you! We look forward to seeing you next year on your anniversary (hint, hint).

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I loved the place. What can I say.....
- Spacious
- More hot water than I could ever use
- The best breakfast I've had in years
- Lovely area
- Great directions and fantastic suggestions of what to go see
- Close proximity to the mountains yet far enough away from the traffic
- Breathtaking view from the window in the morning of the clouds on the mountains

I just love this place, the price was well within reason for my traveling budget, I did not stay in the most expensive cabin, but one that met my budget. Clean sheets (amazing to sleep under) the tub was relaxing and the shower was my favorite. Staci the innkeeper was just a joy to chat with, if the chance ever comes up to be in the area again you can bet I will be staying at Carson Ridge.

Room Tip: I liked the privacy of the cabins
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Clearly you got the heart out of the Gorge on your visit! I am so appreciative of the detail you shared here - we work very hard to tell the story of our special place but I often think our guests do a much better job than we do! Carson Ridge Luxury Cabin's door is always open and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My boyfriend and I received a Living Social Deal for a 2 night stay at Carson Ridge as a gift for my birthday and it was amazing. We arrived on the later side on a Friday evening in late March 2013 but Staci, the phenomenal innkeeper, still made the time to meet us and warmly welcome us to our cabin (which was Green Leaf). We opened the cabin door and were greeted with a warm fire and a "Happy Birthday" set up with drinks and treats. Staci had plenty of suggestions for activities, wine tasting and dining (ask her about the smore's dessert, it was a perfect post-in-room-couples-massage treat). The bamboo sheets were phenomenal - I'm planning to get a set for my home. They strive to be environmentally friendly with their products (shampoo, soap, towels, etc) which is nice. Breakfast was delicious and delivered to our cabin. Staci is truly an asset to Carson Ridge and I hope the owners recognize this. Any issue we had, she quickly and apologetically resolved it. For example, we had planned to snuggle in and watch a movie after our relaxing couples massage but noticed the TV wasn't working. She came to our cabin right away and without missing a beat, removed our older broken TV and brought us her personal (much nicer) flat screen to use, all in the span of about 10 minutes. Yes, the cabins aren't completely secluded but they are quiet and the close proximity to town made it convenient for two people unfamiliar with the area to walk across the street the the local brewery for a late dinner after our arrival. And Hood River is just a short ride away. The Gorge is stunning so I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy here. I would love to return someday when I've saved some pennies (it is pricey, so look out for future Living Social/Groupon deals) and probably in April or May, when the Hood River "Fruit Loop" is in full bloom (we were there a bit too early). I would definitely recommend staying here - for the top notch innkeeper service, the cozy yet luxurious cabin feel, and the proximity to the Gorge and Hood River.

Room Tip: I have no complaints about "Green Leaf "and it's a tad more private than the other sma...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

We strive every day to make things just perfect for our guests. And most days we hit the mark. On occasion, TV sets do breathe their last breath...a laid back, kind, easy going attitude from you made me want to please you even more! Thank you for being such gracious guests. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time here. See you next time.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room was nice however I was disappointed at the location of the cabin ie..it is off a local street with other cabins in a group. They tried to do some landscaping to spruce it up however for $300 a night, I have had better....much better.

We do need to give kudo's to the Innkeeper Staci. She is an asset to this place and I hope the owners are compensating her well.

We enjoyed our stay and Staci's conversation however would probably look elsewhere due to the cost and location.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Owner at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

It’s great to read that you enjoyed your cabin & Staci’s hospitality. The cabins are such a relaxing escape from most people’s busy schedule. Guests usually love our location being so centrally located within the Gorge, only 45 minutes from Portland airport and surrounded by numerous hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls. We enjoy being away from the noise of highway traffic & trains that run along the banks of the Columbia River.

Our landscaping is very carefully thought out to provide a peaceful natural setting for our guests and offering the most privacy between each of the cabins. We allow the meadow grasses to grow naturally to provide habitat for local wildlife.

If you have any concerns about our location please visit the satellite view of Google maps “1261 Wind River Road” Where you can see that we are located off a local street and how the cabins are arranged. The cabins are orientated towards the tree covered Carson Ridge or the mountains on the Oregon side of the Gorge. You have the feel of being in a remote location but the convenience of being able to walk to a small grocery store, local brew pub & a restaurant.

If you have suggestions as to what we could be doing better or different we encourage guests to let us know so that we can offer the best possible experience for them & future guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Carson Ridge Cabins. We made our trip very last minute and found this place via other reviews. We found the cabin very clean, rustic (bed frame made from local timber) with nice modern amenities such as a gas fireplace, whirlpool tub big TV. I would say the best part of staying there was the breakfast. We got the package with breakfast delivered to the cabin. When Staci arrived each morning at 9am, I called her my 2nd favorite person (behind my wife) since she brought baked french toast, and sausage egg dish one morning and peach cobbler and delicious breakfast burritos the next.
Staci was also very kind to help us plan our day with wine tasting, visit to an out of the way waterfall and even lent my wife her tennis shoes for the short hike. Not a bad thing to say about the place.
Oh yeah, you don't find great hotel beds when traveling, but this one rivaled our sleep number at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Yeah! I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. Fixing breakfast is one of my most favorite things about innkeeping. I think when you love cooking that emotion is transferred to the food. So, I invite you back and I will again cook your breakfast with love! And I will share my tennis shoes as well. :)

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights in April, 2013 and had a very mixed experience. The innkeeper was wonderful and did a great job making us feel welcome, and did her best to resolve the problems we had. Here's the scoop: the facility is located in the tiny town of Carson which is centrally located to explore the Columbia Gorge. Upon arrival we were a bit disappointed to discover that the cabins are situated in the middle of town, not the more secluded location we were hoping for. We were checked in to our cabin, but we discovered to our dismay that the bedsheets and pillows were literally covered with pet hair. Not just a little, but A LOT. It was obvious that the sheets had not been changed by housekeeping since the last guest. We called the innkeeper and she was very apologetic, and she immediately upgraded us to another cabin. This one was clean, but a bit shoddy, with stains on the carpet. chipped paint on the furniture, and bag of trash left by a previous guest in the closet. It wasn't terrible, but for a place billed as a "luxury" cabin it was disappointing. However, the bed was very comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub was wonderful. Breakfasts were good, and the grounds were lovely, so we decided to overlook the inconsistencies. However, I would not stay here again unless they dropped the price significantly and I can't recommend it to other travelers. There are many other better options for the price in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pcumby
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. We take your comments very seriously. The issue was addressed immediately with staff and additional procedures have been put in place to ensure this does not happen again. We recognize you have other choices where to spend your vacation and truly do work to provide an amazing experience. If you are ever in the area again we would like the opportunity to earn your repeat business. Your honesty is appreciated... Onward and upward!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
13 mi away
15 mi away
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!