“Quiet, Relaxed Setting”

Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Carson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Found these cabins while searching for a place to get away, relax and celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary. Heather had made a very cordial welcoming note for us when we arrived.The cabin was very clean, well furnished and had a great view. It was very quiet and peaceful. Heather delivered a delicious breakfast to our door. She was very pleasant and kind. We never had the pleasure of meeting Stacie, but she was very, very pleasant on the phone and was so attentive to the diet restrictions of my wife. The customer service provided by Stacie was absolutely outstanding. Had a wonderful relaxed time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Mt Adams cabin is great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Forty six years of marriage deserves to be celebrated and honored! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so glad you were pleased with your stay here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. I am waiting for your return trip so I can personally host the two of you. Call me and I will take extra care of you and your lovely wife. Thanks for the kind review!!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My g/f and I spent the weekend at Carson Ridge and loved it. While it is winter, and not a snowy one, outdoor activities were limited in the Carson area, we had a great time at the cabin and driving around to the waterfall alley across the river. Staci was very accommodating with our little dog as well. The Jacuzzi tub was AWESOME and there's nothing quite like sitting by the fireplace to play card games on a cold dark night. We will definitely be back for more in the summer to check out the area's rafting and other water activities. The breakfasts they provide is actual food! We had bread pudding and frittata one morning and peach crisp and a different frittata the other morning. Nothing quite like homemade food baked in the office kitchen. No continental breakfast here! For dinner, I recommend going to Hood River as the dining options were slim on the WA side.

Room Tip: green leaf faces the lawn with no one in front.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Oh I am so glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us! Winter and summer are completely different experiences - as different as night and day. The waterfalls you explore in the winter are majestic and awe-inspiring. Visit those same waterfalls in the summer and you would swear you hear them gently calling your name...step closer to the spray...take your shoes off and come stand under me (really!). Looking forward to seeing you again soon and THANKS for the kind remarks!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Me and my wife had such a good stay there at the Carson Ridge cabins I thought I would write a nice review for the company. Staci who helps run the business was such a help and was so nice to us during our stay. I read some reviews about the prices being too high, but I have stayed at many hotels and lodges and their prices are pretty good for what you recieve. For example in the morning they deliver fresh fruit and breakfast for you which I have no idea where you would get that kind of service unless you ordered room service which would be very expensive. I noticed that Saci was alway baking cookies for the guests, who else does that? The other cool thing about this place it that you are alone in your cabin and you feel you are secluded from the other guests which make it unlike staying at a hotel or lodge. Sometimes when you stay at a lodge or hotel you hear your neighbors and noises from the hallways or even worse you feel like cattle at a Las Vegas casino standing in buffet lines or something. Here you feel like you are treated like an honored guest and put up in your own cabin, so I don't feel that the price is an issue for what you get. If you are looking to save money on a room then just get a cookie cutter hotel room and listen to your neighbors conversations and all of the other fun stuff that comes with a regular hotel visit.
But like I said I had a great visit and I thought I would share my experience. I also got a massage there which was nice to have someone come to your room and perform a couples massage. One other thing I would like to mention is the fact that there is brewery righ accross the street that is pretty small but has good pizza and beer and there are plenty of places to visit in the area. We ended up going to a couple of other breweries that were in Hood River and sight seeing.
Well keep up the good work and see you sometime in the future when we want to get away from the city. I wrote the above items to let other Yelp users know that when you stay here you are kind of secluded from other people and if you are trying to get away this would be perfect place and since you are secluded. But as an example of how secluded they are: I was originally going to go with just my wife but found out that the person who was going to watch my German Shephard wasn't going to be able to do that. So at the last minute I had to ask them if they had cabins to accomidate dogs and luckily they did have two cabins that allowed you to have dogs there. You usually can't bring full sized dogs to too many hotels or lodges so I was thankful they allowed my dog to stay in one of the cabins that allowed dogs, otherwise we would have had to postpone the trip or put our dog in a kennel somewhere which we didn't want to do.

Thanks Again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience with others who are considering coming here to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. I think what you experienced was our team of staff members who genuinely enjoy hosting our guests! Plain and simple. We LOVE our property and LOVE sharing it with others. I must run - we are full tonight and I need to bake COOKIES! Thanks again and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I wanted to give my husband a special Christmas gift this year so I searched for 'romantic cabins in Oregon'. Carson Ridge was the first to pop up and it's not even in Oregon but rather Washington - just over the river outside of Stevenson. 1.5 hrs drive from Portland it's the PERFECT spot if you appreciate beauty, class and style in the Gorge. Staci, by far is the BEST Innkeeper EVER. She wins our 2013 Best Innkeeper Award (if we had one that is). So sincere, personable and fun she pays attention to every detail from any food irritants you may have for your yummy, home cooked breakfast in bed to baking cookies (so delish and yes we were the ones who snuck in after hours and ate more) every night to giving you the lowdown on the local hot spots. Not to mention Hot Tub 101 on their high tech tub. She is a delight and is a testament to all of Carson Ridge. Thank you Staci and Carson Ridge for making my gift to my husband so special.

Room Tip: Mt. Adams was incredibly quiet and everything was in perfect order. There is no pool nor a fitness...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

I'd like to thank the academy for this honor....oh wait! Wrong speech! :)
Seriously, I am humbled and THRILLED you had such a great time as our guest here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. The entire team works very hard to ensure each guest feels well cared for. I am delighted you felt the love and attention we share. Thank you for admitting you were the late-night cookie monsters (I thought it was you!) Come back soon - I will roll out the red carpet again and will certainly bake more cookies!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spent only one nite at this magical place and we will certainly return. Our cabin was fabulous, thoughtfully appointed with everything imaginable, warm, cozy, fireplace, jacuzzi, just perfect. Staci and heather added personal touches which were greatly appreciated. Breakfast in the cabin was unbelievably delicious. Can't wait to return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Oh this delights me! I am so pleased you enjoyed your time here with us at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. Isn't Heather a delight? She is a great addition to our Cabin Crew! We look forward to your return. Don't wait too long - we want to spoil you again soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were only able to spend one night just before Thanksgiving at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, but it was the perfect place for us to reconnect, after having been separated for two months due to a family illness. The Mount Hood cabin was fabulous - luxurious, yet comfortable and cozy. We arrived after dark and were greeted by warm cookies in the lodge and a crackling fire warming our cabin. The staff were delightful and accommodating, views spectacular, and the delicious breakfast was delivered right to our door.

Carson Ridge is a gem of a place, conveniently located about an hour from Portland, and central to many recreational spots along the Columbia River Gorge, We are eagerly looking forward to our next visit to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins and highly recommend them for either a romantic getaway, or for a place to simply re-charge and re-connect with nature.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Ahhh I remember the two of you well! I am so pleased your time with us here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins turned out to be such a good time. With as much time as the two of you have spent apart I cannot think of a better place to meet and get reacquainted! Please consider coming back again - we would love to host you again and we promise to treat you like royalty again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I happened to find this little gem while searching for a romantic place for us to get away for a few days.. Boy am I glad I found it ! This is the perfect spot to reconnect and enjoy some special time together. We stayed in the Mt Adams Cabin and it was wonderful . Great view , fireplace, bed and wonderful shower!!! Although, not far from the main road the minute we drove into the place we felt removed from it all ..it is beautifully landscaped. Heather (Innkeeper) was so warm and inviting.. she greeted us with warm cookies from the oven and gaves us the tour of the grounds. Each morning they delivered a basket of breakfast goodies to our doorstep..Yum!
We spent 2 nights enjoying all the wonderful things that this place offers and we will be returning next Fall for sure! Can't wait...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

WOW! Thanks for sharing! Heather is new on our crew here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins and we are so fortunate to have her adding to the guest experience. Please keep us in mind if you have some time to slip away again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!