“Best Weekend Ever”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Best Weekend Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My fiancé and I spent Valentines Day weekend at Carson Cabins and had the best time ever. The food and service were excellent, the staff was very engaging and accommodating, and the décor was spot on.

We really enjoyed the cabin we were in, but when we come back we are going to stay in one of the 3 larger cabins next time.

Thanks for a perfect weekend Carson Cabins.
Butch & Angie

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
When you use the word fiance, Valentine's Day and Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins in the same sentence you are spot on! Well played, you two. We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself while you were here and we cannot wait to host you again - in a LUXURIOUS cabin! See you soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins for two nights recently and it was truly a healing and focusing experience. I was having my third surgery for breast cancer and needed a boost. We went and soaked in the Mineral Waters close by and had wonderful dinners and shopping. My husband and I were so lucky because it was a sunny weekend and we felt our spirits lift. I have to believe that all this was meant to be as my pathology came back with clean margins finally after this surgery. Staci is the best. She is so warm and caring. Do not hesitate if you are thinking of taking some days to soak in nature, the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins will exceed your expectations. Steve and Candace Pottle

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CandaceCChristensen
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
The two of you were so delightful to host! I loved chatting with you in the dining room over breakfast each morning. And the lighthearted joking was a welcome start to the day! It is especially rewarding to read about how you felt after your time here on property - it truly is a magical place! Congratulations on your results and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been going to Carson Ridge every month since this past summer. The hospitality is amazing and the Innkeeper Stacie makes every guest feel like they are a member of the family. The cabins offer a great feeling of being out in nature while being spoiled with luxury all around in the linens, furnishings and great soaking tubs to lay back and let yourself relax in splendor. When I had my wedding party at the property the entire staff went out of the way to make every moment special and memorable. So pack you bags and hit the road for the best escape you will find in this part of the northwest. A very special escape Carson Ridge will always hold a special place in my heart and will always remember the clear nights with the great views of the stars and the sky with the cold crisp winter air and the magic. For the wedding we let out wish lanterns as we enjoyed the crisp outdoors and wonderful surroundings. Definitely can't forget the amazing breakfast and the fresh cookies that await your arrival. Is your bag packed...I thought so. Maybe we will see each other on my next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are Amazing!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ejay R
Return guests hold such a special place in our hearts here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. We feel so fortunate to be able to actually get to know our guests...and become friends. It is fun to welcome familiar faces back to the property! Thanks for sharing your impressions of your time with us. We ALWAYS have room for you! See you next week, right?
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I brought my sister here for a surprise overnight for her birthday. We had such a relaxing time and wished we could have stayed longer! Despite being booked for the weekend, it was extremely quiet and so relaxing! The bed was dreamy and made for the best night's sleep and a wonderfully lazy morning...and then there was the bathtub...what a treat!! Breakfast was great and we didn't want to leave. We'll definitely be back...we might even bring our husbands next time!

Thank you so much!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad the two of you enjoyed your time here at Carson Ridge! You are our inspiration to add additional packages for friends (and sisters!) who are traveling together. We are rolling out noshing baskets full of goodies to eat while watching movies, VIP shopping expeditions with our outstanding boutique owners in nearby Stevenson and even picnic baskets full of hearty hand crafted sandwiches for hiking or waterfall trips. THANK YOU for inspiring us! See you soon.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Before starting a new job a couple of weeks ago I needed a getaway, and remembering my first stay at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, the peaceful location and the pampering I received from Staci the Innkeeper, this seemed like the natural place to go for a recharge of my batteries.

The location is just breathtaking with a fantastic view of the mountains and trees from the cabin I was staying in, the sunken tub was just the thing that I needed to help relax and Staci's breakfast's and chocolate chip cookies are to die for.

I can't recommend this place enough, so if you're looking for someplace to recharge, relax or just want some time away, this is the place,

Room Tip: Each cabin is like being in your own "house" separated just far enough away from each othe...
Green Features: Being green is not a priority for me, but these folks do it right and walk the walk when it comes to being green and friendly to the environment
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
We love ALL of our guests - but we REALLY love our return guests. Thank you for such a glowing review! Hearing how much you enjoyed your return visit is great validation that we are indeed meeting guest expectations. The timer just went off on a fresh batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies...mmmmmm! Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Found these cabins while searching for a place to get away, relax and celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary. Heather had made a very cordial welcoming note for us when we arrived.The cabin was very clean, well furnished and had a great view. It was very quiet and peaceful. Heather delivered a delicious breakfast to our door. She was very pleasant and kind. We never had the pleasure of meeting Stacie, but she was very, very pleasant on the phone and was so attentive to the diet restrictions of my wife. The customer service provided by Stacie was absolutely outstanding. Had a wonderful relaxed time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Mt Adams cabin is great
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Forty six years of marriage deserves to be celebrated and honored! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so glad you were pleased with your stay here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. I am waiting for your return trip so I can personally host the two of you. Call me and I will take extra care of you and your lovely wife. Thanks for the kind review!!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My g/f and I spent the weekend at Carson Ridge and loved it. While it is winter, and not a snowy one, outdoor activities were limited in the Carson area, we had a great time at the cabin and driving around to the waterfall alley across the river. Staci was very accommodating with our little dog as well. The Jacuzzi tub was AWESOME and there's nothing quite like sitting by the fireplace to play card games on a cold dark night. We will definitely be back for more in the summer to check out the area's rafting and other water activities. The breakfasts they provide is actual food! We had bread pudding and frittata one morning and peach crisp and a different frittata the other morning. Nothing quite like homemade food baked in the office kitchen. No continental breakfast here! For dinner, I recommend going to Hood River as the dining options were slim on the WA side.

Room Tip: green leaf faces the lawn with no one in front.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oh I am so glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us! Winter and summer are completely different experiences - as different as night and day. The waterfalls you explore in the winter are majestic and awe-inspiring. Visit those same waterfalls in the summer and you would swear you hear them gently calling your name...step closer to the spray...take your shoes off and come stand under me (really!). Looking forward to seeing you again soon and THANKS for the kind remarks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!