“REST AND RELAXATION”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sherwood, Oregon
“REST AND RELAXATION”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

It was a great trip; took my husband for his birthday. Total relaxation; cabins are cozy and inviting food is AWESOME!!!! Everyone (Wendy, Pete and Tish) are welcoming and friendly! Cannot wait to go again, a little more expensive than where we usually stay but totally worth it! Comfy beds; warm fireplace; and wonderful spa tub!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 31 August 2010

A lot of disappointments here. It appears like it would not be near the business section of town, but is, though it is a small town. The Gifford Lodge is not a cabin, but is attached to the main office/ dining area. My confirmation email called it a cabin and said there was a fireplace, but there isn't one. The website claims there are a lot of extra touches and a hearty breakfast, but again, I found the opposite. We needed assistance for the TV the first night and getting into our room the second night, but no one was available to help either time. It was our 10th anniversary, which we mentioned when making reservation as requested. I should not have held my breath for any kind of surprise gesture, though.

I think the owners need to stay at other B&Bs to discover what it means to meet the expectations of guests paying this price for a place to stay. I struggled when deciding to pay this much for a room, but for this special occasion I wanted something memorable. I should have saved our money for the wineries. Plus it's a bit of a hassle to drive back and forth to Hood River. You'll spend most of your time out and about anyway, so don't spend this much on lodging.

• Stayed August 2010
5 Thank MrsTwo
carsonridge1261, Owner at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, 26 March 2011
We are saddened to see such a review written when we have put so much work into making our place the perfect escape.

These guests were in the Gifford Lodge because that was the lodging option of their choice. Our website is very clear that the Gifford Lodge is part of the main lodge building and not a separate cabin. Our website is also very clear on what is included in the Gifford Lodge and it does not mention a fireplace. Only the cabins have fireplaces. So when these guests chose the Gifford Lodge to stay in, it was a surprise to us that they were so upset it was not a cabin.

When reservations were made through our website an auto generated email confirmation is sent to the guest that says "your reservation is complete for the " ............. cabin" the blank is filled in with what ever accomodation had been chosen. We did not realize this would be so misleading being that the website clearly states the Gifford Lodge is not a cabin. We have made the changes to the automated system so this will not happen again.

After their first night here the guests expressed their disappointment that they were not in a cabin, we offered to move them to a cabin, however they opted not to move, so we could not help them further than this.

In reference to no one being around for assistance for the TV or being let into the room, we live on site and the business phones are forwarded to our cell in the evening. We did not receive a call requesting assistance with the TV. When they were unable to get into the room we were in the city picking up supplies. We explained this to them and told them we would arrange for someone to come and let them in. A few moments later when someone was on their way to let them into the room, we received a phone call stating that they had broken into the
accommodation.

The drive to Hood River from our place is only 20 minutes away, and the drive is absolutely gorgeous, going along the Columbia River. However there is no need to go to Hood River unless the guests absolutely want to. There are restaurants around us and a lot to do and see.

There are times when we can not be at the property, however we do everything within our power to make sure someone is always here or available on short notice.

Although it is disappointing to read such a review, thank you for sharing your comments. This allows us to continually improve our service.
Seattle
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My husband and I spent three nights in one of the cabins. The cabins were really cozy and clean with new furnishings. Great soaking tub with a separate shower. Also, super comfy bed with nice linens. The property is right in Carson, and is beautifully landscaped. Really tasty breakfast in the morning! The owners, Pete and Latisha, were really exceptional hosts. We followed Pete's recommendations for hiking, mountain biking and restaurants. We were not disappointed!!! We ate at Norah's Table and Stonehedge Gardens in Hood River. Norah's has amazing food and Stonehedge has good food with a romantic atmosphere. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Every tiny detail of this place has been planned out beautifully. They serve breakfast pizza (breakfast pizza!) and found out I am vegetarian but my girlfriend isn't - so they made 2!

We stayed in a room with a shower the size of my university dorm room, and a tub that was beyond luxurious. I don't know how we ever got out of it.

Best part of all - the hanging bed! Literally, it is a king size bed that hangs from the ceiling. The floating sensation resulted in the longest sleep we have ever had.

I can't wait to go back. Our next trip through the state will be planned around a stop here.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Definately an A+.

My husband and I wanted a quiet get away, needed to reconnect. AMAZING service, beautiful cabins, gourmet breakfast...and all so close to Hood River The drive is gorgeous all the way down, it sort of took us away from our crazy pace of life.

I do have to admit that I was very skeptical, for the price certainly was not expecting that much. It seems that we have to drive so far away from home to find something this up scale. I am sure glad that we stumbled upon this get away retreat.

I recomend Carson ridge cabins to anyone that is looking for a quiet place to reconnect with their loved one. We are definately going to be repeat customers in the near future :)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Vestavia Hills, AL
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I was looking for a small place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge while coming south from Mt. Ranier and spending time on the east slope of Mt. St. Helens. While searching on the internet, I saw Carson Ridge Cabins and decided to stay there. It was more than I anticipated from our host, Pete, to the little amenities in the cabin for which there was no charge. I gave a star rating of a 5 because that was as high as I could go. It was a wonderfully enjoyable and relaxing place to stay. I would highly recommend that if you are in the area that you try Carson Ridge Cabins.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at Carson Ridge. It was perfect. My wife and I normally do not get to indulge in luxury accomodations, however with 3 children at home and no vacation since the first one was born we figured if we can get away for a few days we may as well make it good!
We certainly did not have any regrets as it was well worth the money and beyond. From the Jacuzzi for two in the room and fireplace with leather chairs, and massive log bed to the in house massages and the most delicious breakfast delivered right to our door. We could not possibly have asked for more.
We enjoyed the evenings in piece and quiet (no screaming kids) sitting on the log swing on the porch with a glass of wine in hand and during the days the owners had us all set up to explore the area with waterfalls, valleys, rivers and views of the Gorge.
It was the little piece of heaven that my wife and I have long awaited for and totally got.
Now we are back home with the children and we both feel totally renewed like we have energy again.
We certainly know where we are going to be taking our yearly anniversary trip to now!

Nashton & Jennifer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!