“SO SAD ~ TOO BAD”

Cuisines: Armenian
Quincy, Washington
“SO SAD ~ TOO BAD”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Studebakers at Cashmere, Washington has just recently sold! The new owners have changed the name to "59'ers Diner. The food is still reasonably good but gone are the delicioius skin on fries known to Studebakers and the Studebakers hamburgers can never be duplicated! The new owners have the resturant overstaffed with unfamiliar people and the owner moves about the patrons doing what could be considered an annoyance? It was obvious by the prices, the new owners think their food was far better than what it actually is. My hamburger was overflowing with messy juices and the onion rings were cold. Unlikely we'll return although when it was Studebakers, we made the 40 mile treck quite often.

• Visited March 2013

East Wenatchee, Washington
“Best Burger I have EVER eaten and I'm no skinny girl”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

You know when you hear a skinny girl say that's the best burger they've ever eaten and you don't think much of it because she probably hasn't indulged in many burgers. Well I'm no skinny girl and I've been around awhile, this will be my 48th year walking this earth. I have lived in many states and Europe, I have traveled the world and I have eaten more than my fair share of hamburgers but nothing has ever compared to the John Wayne burger! This is a barbecue bacon burger and I have never tasted anything better. The fries were fresh hand cut and the best fries I have ever eaten. My 82 year old mother had a strawberry shake and said it was the best! It was made with real strawberries none of that fake strawberry syrup here. Everything was FRESH and delicious!!!

The service was great, the atmosphere is awesome; with their brightly painted walls, 1950's diner decor, albums on the walls and pictures of James Dean, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe make this a fun place to visit and I can't wait to bring my family back for more.

If your driving through North Central Washington this is a MUST STOP! But you might want to hurry, I heard it will be under new ownership soon and will be changing their menu and their name. SOOOO SAD to finally get the best burger ever and know that it will soon be gone.

• Visited January 2013
Quincy, Washington
“BEST KEPT SECRET”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stopped by Studebakers for the first time and were we ever plesently surprised! Surprised at how clean and neat the resturant was! Especially surprised of the most delicious real ice creram milk shakes ever! Then we were only to be surprised once again when our meal arrived! The very best skin on french fries we have ever eaten and the burger was the best as well. Although it's quite a drive for us, we're most certain to make that drive over and over again, now that it's no longer a secret to us!

• Visited October 2012