“Spectacular”

The Hideaway
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We were there last night for Valentine's Day. We had one of the last seatings, but the food was still spectacular. I had the elk chop, medium rare with a blueberry reduction. Absolutely delicious! But desserts... white chocolate creme brulee and upside down pineapple cake. I really think it might have been the best end to a dinner we have had. The staff was friendly and the owner charming. We will certainly return!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We recently had a birthday dinner at The Hideaway in Cashmere. We had eaten at the owner's previous place, The Big Easy, in Leavenworth, and had always enjoyed the food, so we decided to try the new place for dinner. WOW!! I have to say that the meals we had (there were four of us) were the best we've had in the entire NCW area. It could hold its own with most of the fine dining establishments in Seattle. We had appetizers to dessert and were thrilled with each dish. The fresh seafood in puff pastry with a lovely light butter sauce, the super fresh oysters on the half shell, the wedge salad with bacon pieces and blue cheese were our choices to start. Our entrees ranged from a beautiful New York Strip, two Filets (one in puff pastry) to tender, flavorful sea scallops with the perfect sauce and fresh sautéed oyster mushrooms. The vegetables were fresh and perfectly prepared.
They have a nice little wine menu, and are also happy to have you bring in your own special bottles, with a usual corkage fee.
We ended the meal with a shared Bananas Foster, that was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.
It will be my choice for a nice, relaxing, slow-food evening, anytime. If you are in a hurry, this place isn't for you - save it for when you have the time the savor it.

3  Thank ncwfolk
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Upscale food at a small-town restaurant! We ventured in to a small restaurant dimly lit and nicely furnished. I had a yummy melon martini, steak Oscar ,wine and a yummy dessert. Pleasant atmosphere-the only takeaway was the noise from the bar immediately next door and the bathroom location which was in the bar. Other than that it was a wonderful little escape to dine deliciously close to home!

1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It's snowing out, not a big deal, but we didn't want to drive into Wenatchee for dinner. Hmmmmm, then we recalled reading about a new place in Cashmere. Kim, the owner, is passionate about good food, properly prepared, and served with pride. I had the double cut pork chop, medium rare. Oh My Gosh, the best pork chop I've ever eaten. This was a meal where you savor every bite. It was just smack down delicious.
We're not affiliated with this establishment, but my wife and I both rated it a ten out of ten. We can be difficult to please, and we can be a little picky about service and food quality. We were very pleased.
Like I said in the title, this place is a treasure, don't pass up a chance to visit, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Wen V
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I loved this restaurant. This is very new restaurant and an outstanding one at that. The food was wonderful. I had halibut and it was prepared to perfection. The ambience very nice, quiet and comfortable. The service was excellent with a personal touch. My wife and I look forward to our next meal there. It is about 12 miles from Wenatchee, WA. where we live and a great addition to our area.

3  Thank iluvta2