“Stunning building with friendly staff in a picturesque location.”
Review of Blue Heron chateau

and 1 more site!
Blue Heron chateau
Ranked #1 of 1 Castle Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Rooms are excellent- very clean and spacious. All rooms have a view of Mt St Helens and the hotel is opposite the visitor centre. The staff are friendly and the breakfast was amazing. You won't go away hungry!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ChipRocket

Reviewed 16 July 2012

About 5 miles and a world away from I-5, facing Mt St. Helens and the restored wetlands behind the park's interpretive center across the street. (The center's 1 mile wheelchair-accessible walk takes you through lily ponds on an old railroad right-of-way.) Very friendly and helpful hosts (and good cooks). A peaceful respite from our freeway travels.

Room Tip: Except for the Honeymoon Suite, I think the rooms are pretty similar. The ones upstairs probably hav...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronks
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Tried to here with my family, but the wi-fi was broken. When I pointed this out, the staff provided a sob story about how this was an ongoing problem that was not their fault, and that is was hard to get their IT person to return calls and get the wi-fi fixed. When I pointed out that they had represented to me on the phone that they had wi-fi, and that it was their responsibility get it fixed, the male staff person (beer in hand) told me that he did not like my tone. Since I need to stay connected when I travel, I left. The room looked okay but was nothing special, especially for the $169 per night rate they were charging for midweek. (We ended up staying at an older hotel called Mount Helen's Motel right off I-5, which did not have a view of Mt. St. Helen's but the wi-fi worked and was a much better value at $119 per night.)

In follow-up, the Blue Heron decided to charge my credit card, even though we did not stay there. I am currently trying to fight this via my credit card company. Quite unprofessional staff.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Henry P
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife returned this AM from an overnight in anticipation of a bike ride. Last night, there was a party outside her room, loud, tequila, continuous. No intervention from owners. About 3AM, a threatening drunk is hammering on the door. There are derisive names, shouts, threats. My wife has to flee her room to our friends room. They eventually flee the B&B the next AM. Evidently, the owner knows the abuser.

I stayed home with the kids. My wife is still crying from last night. What the hail!! This place should be put out of business.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is the place to stay in the area! Clean, friendly, and close to hwy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Purchased a Living Social Coupon and had no idea what to expect. When we arrived I was more then pleased! The view is spectacular.....the rooms are clean and comfortable with wonderful views from the balcony.....excellent breakfast served "farm style" with more then enough to have seconds and thirds...and best of all was "the family"....really it was a "staff of amazing friends" of the owners and each one was a delight......just hated to leave....could have spent several more days in these surroundings......Do yourself a favor and plan a nice weekend away at this wonderful B & B....probably the best one I've been to!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room in this B & B.....all face the mountain and if the mountain is co...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I loved this place. The setting was beautiful. The breakfast was to die for. We had fresh fruit, 2 kinds of quiche, hash browns, muffins and fresh juices. The common areas were cozy. The inn keeper (Brenda) was very cordial and ate breakfast with the guests which I thought was a nice touch. I can't say enough about how Brenda made the visit pleasant. We were a little bit rushed so we didn't get to enjoy the common areas like would would have liked. However, it had a fireplace and vaulted ceilings with a veranda. Every room had a nice view from a balcony. The weather was misty for us so we didn't get the full view of the forest and the lake but we enjoyed the mist all the same since we come from the dessert of Utah. Please check out my pictures if I can figure out how to attach pictures.

Now, why 4 stars instead of 5? If you are a light sleeper, this place is not for you. My wife is a light sleeper and she was particularly concerned about how easily you could hear the other guests. Fortunately, the other guests, who we met at breakfast, were courteous and settled in early.

Room Tip: Only experienced one room but I can see that they all have the same view and all had a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Blue Heron chateau? Share your experiences!