Mt. St. Helens Motel
US$121
US$53
Best Western Aladdin Inn(Kelso)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$88
US$77
Hotwire.com
Average 3/5
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area(Kelso)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$110
US$107
US$89
Eco Park(Castle Rock)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
7 West Motel(Castle Rock)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsdonutsmt stthe ownerlocal bakeryroom was cleanthe ground floorsmall townsave some moneyac worked wellrefrigerator and microwavefresh airclean placeseveral yearsellenlobbymotelroad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The Mt. St. Helens Motel was not full when I came in. I didn't make a reservation and when I walked in, I was offered a room on the first floor, to my request (so I will not have to carry my bags upstairs. They have no elevator). I believe the woman that greeted me is the owner. I saw her in the morning as well. The room was pretty big. The decor a bit dated, but that is not a problem for me. It was not noisy (though I heard cars from the road, which is not busy at night).
One thing that stroked me odd, but in a good way was that I was not asked to pay for the room at check in, and not to make a credit card hold or something like that. I enjoyed the trust invested in me. Didn't see it anywhere else in a long time.
The motel does not serve breakfast, though tea and coffee are available at the lobby.

The location is excellent for those who wish to visit the Mount Saint Hellens observatory. It is located on the route to the observatory (which is around 45 miles away from the motel).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank dhz_tlv
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We had a lovely stay in this homey little motel. It was clean and friendly and well situated on the route to Mount St Hellens. Ellen gave us a lovely room with three queen beds , a barcalounger, a nice tv, and a refrigerator with a pumpkin pie in it! We enjoyed both nights we stayed here.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam280
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stopped in here on our way to Mount St Helens. We were impressed with the friendlliness of the front office, and thought the room was very clean and a very good value. It's very modern and has better furnishings than many national chain hotels we stay in as we travel. There's a good restaurant across the parking lot from the motel and the food quality there is good, but the service is a little slow. Also a good value for the money.

I'd recommend this place to anyone travelling up or down I-5.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were on our way from Washington to Oregon and wanted to spend a day at Mt St. Helens. This hotel couldn't have been in a better location - right at the exit that leads to the National Park. It was clean and the staff was very pleasant. No special frills, but everything you need for a good night's rest. A great bargain too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan C
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place quite by accident but what a find it is! When I called to check availability the woman at the desk told me their lobby would be closing at 10PM but she would leave me the room key under the mat and I could register in the morning. This is true hospitality! This facility was very, very clean---cleaner than some of the 3 and 4 star hotels I have stayed. The staff was genuinely nice without mouthing that fake "you are so important to us" line. The price was excellent. A great value all around.

• Stayed: August 2012