Mt. St. Helens Motel
US$56
Priceline
Best Western Aladdin Inn(Kelso)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
US$72
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$88
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area(Kelso)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$110
US$107
US$99
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdonutsmt stthe ownerlocal bakeryroom was cleanthe ground floorsmall townsave some moneyac worked wellrefrigerator and microwavefresh airclean placeseveral yearsellenlobbymotelroad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was looking for a convenient place to spend the night that was reasonably priced and was clean. Boy was I lucky when I found this place. Ellen, the operator of the motel was very pleasant upon our arrival, provided us with information and direction for in area shopping and recommended a great place for dinner. Having been in the business of facility maintenance and operations for several years I always am very critical of things that are not up to standards. I must say that the motel is very well maintained for it's age, No foul odors. no doors falling off the hinges or windows that are damaged or inoperable. I did point out to Ellen that there were a couple of minor issues that needed attention and she immediately responded with a thank you for letting me know and they will be fixed today. I know that the owner/operator doesn't have the daily opportunity to personally check each and every room, that's what she hires service and maintenance people for. The attendants who clean and service the rooms should be encouraged to look for the small things that need repair or correction each and every time they enter the rooms or public areas and report them so the maintenance technicians can do what they are hired to do. It's called the teamwork that keeps the place in order. Will I stay there again? Most positively. Would I recommend it to others? Most positively. Why didn't I rate my stay as Excellent? I have run Motels and as earlier stated, have been in the facilities maintenance arena for years. With a bit more emphasis on getting the staff to take pride and ownership in their duties I think this could be an excellent facility. They are doing very good now but that push for a little bit more can up the score. Thank You Ellen and team for a comfortably stay.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, Book your rooms a few days in advance and let Ellen know what if any special needs you have. She will treat you right
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Passing_Thru_Tourist
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this well cared for older motel. Ellen is exceptionally warm and has lived in the area all of her life. The rooms are spotless and there are washers and dryers onsite that was very much appreciated on our cross-country trip. Although this is a basic well-run motel, I would stay here again just because of Ellen. It was a perfect spot for visiting Mt St Helens and for a stop if you are traveling through this part of the country and don't need a pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peg J
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The accommodation was ideal as the base for a quick visit to Mt St Helens. The room was a bit dated, but was clean and comfortable. There was a restaurant just across the carpark which served good, reasonably priced food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grodger
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Not the fanciest place I have ever stayed, but clean and comfortable with a great staff. It is older, but well cared for. Missing the big property amenities like a pool, but we rarely use one so did not miss it. Great location if you are visiting Mt St Helen. Service was wonderful from Ellen, both in making reservations as well as on site when when we arrived. If you need a comfortable place to stay and want to save some money. Rooms have mini fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigDaddyAustin
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We generally stick to chain hotels but decided to try this property based on TripAdvisor reviews. It pretty much lived up to the other reviews -- Yes, it's old and not like a chain property -- but we loved it. The owners were just wonderful and so accommodating and we loved chatting with them about the history of the area. The home made cookies were delicious.

Rooms were comfortable and easy to get to with mini fridge and microwave. There are not hairdryers in the rooms. And despite the lack of breakfast (just sweet rolls and coffee) the restaurant across the parking lot was very good. Just watch out for the ribs -- more like dinner for 5. But I'll write about that separately.

Room Tip: This is an older property with two levels. We asked for 1st level as going up stairs is difficult for several in our group.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends