“Not Impressed - Save your money”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went here for my sons birthday party. He really liked it, excepted for everything you do here costs you money. The arcade was filled with the type of machines that you win a prize with a grapple, the money sucking machines. They didn't have very many video games. The miniature golf was $6 per person, and the last hole took your ball so you couldn't play the course more than once with out paying for it again. The food was expensive, $17 per plate for a buffet. The life guards were not friendly at all, they didn't follow the rules of the park, some of them made there own rules up. At check in the front desk person had no personality, they were rude. Overall the water park was fun but the employees were rude.

2  Thank Damon L
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am sorry to hear you felt the Pack members you interacted with were rude. I assure you this is not how we want to portray ourselves and that all of our Pack members are focused on providing our guests the best Great Wolf experience possible.

We hope your family will return to stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife chose to come here for mothers day this year. We had a blast. Arrived early and a room was ready. They have it all dialed in for the kids and even have starbucks and drinks for the adults. Elevators are slow so take the stairs if you can. Everything is a little pricey as expected but not over the top. Rooms were great and clean. My daughter loved the wolf den room and still calls herself a wolf cub. Water park was awesome with a good mix of slides and very warm. The staff at the park takes their job seriously so don't let your kid be a spaz, they will call you on it for the safety of everyone. They will also check the height of any borderline kids EVERY time they ride the slides, don't be offended. Recommend.

1  Thank IslandDaver
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I brought my family to the GWL for a Mother's day/surprise birthday. Check in was quite impressive, the gentlemen who checked us in was very professional and even engaged my kids in the check in process, (Last time this was not as enjoyable) He even told my 6 years old a few GWL themed jokes that she repeated to friends and family after the trip. I thought that was very appropriate for a kids themed hotel. So thank you.

The waterpark was a whole different experience, First downside it was VERY crowded with water slide waits times lasting up to 30 minutes, which I understand. The one thing that ruined the whole trip was the lifeguards' borderline harassing my 6 year old every time we would get up to the top about her height even though she was OBVIOUSLY wearing a yellow wrist band! Almost every time we would get in the raft a lifeguard would make her get out and measure her. I mean come on!! What the point of the wrist band? She was told she could go on any slide but the Howling Tornado. One lifeguard told her while she was in the raft that she was not big enough and had to walk back down, until my husband asked to have her measured. The lifeguard didn't even apologize to my crying 6 year old!!! After that she didn't even want to stay. I understand protocol but to make a child cry over a situation that should never have happened in the first place? Unacceptable!

Breakfast had so many different varieties to choose from, the only downside was the sausage links were tough, pasties were hard and biscuits were only edible if you drenched them in gravy, but everything else was okay.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor, so if your impatient for elevators I would not reccomend it. This was not...
3  Thank Pousboian
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound to celebrate Mother’s Day! I sincerely apologize for the experience you had while playing in the waterpark. What you observed is not customary for us and does not meet with the expectations we hold our Aquatics team to. I have shared your feedback with the team in Grand Mound for review so we can improve for future visits.

It is our sincere hope your family will return to stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family has been to Great wolf around 9 times . This last time was way diffrent , for one the price$$$$ it is way to much . They got rid of Kid camp its now in the lobby . And they have added diffrent paw passes , now there are 3 . Its just a lot of money all around.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Glidenewbe
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Overall, this is a fun place to come with our kids and we will be back.

The waterpark: is a good time for all ages with lots of water stuff to do. The only thing I wish is that the employees/lifeguards were more helpful with sharing their knowledge of the slides or helping you get in or out of your tubes, etc. It was a bit of a struggle just learning what slides our kids could go on or how to get us all in and out of the tubes safely. We ended up sending one of our children down a slide that even though she was big enough, really shouldn't have gone down. Or if she was going to go down, I really wish a lifeguard would have mentioned that she should wear a lifevest because she went down it, bonked her head because it was so fast, and then started spinning around. Kind of rough and she didn't go on anymore slides the rest of the day but as a parent, I'll know better for next time and be more cautious and prepared.

The restaurants: are nice and pretty decent. The buffet has lots of choices and is fun for the kids which makes it nice for us and the bar and grill was actually better than I thought it was going to be. The only downside to the restaurants is that even though they advertise all of them, that doesn't mean that they are all available to choose from. At dinner time, they only had the grill open, and at breakfast, they only had the buffet. It worked out ok for us but we were kind of disappointed that we didn't have a choice of where we ate.

The room: was good. Clean, and nice. Pretty much your standard room. The kids theme bunk beds were fun but our kids weren't blown away by it.

1  Thank EdPlateau
Reviewed 1 May 2014

With a little advance planning, Great Wolf Lodge is a great family destination. Check out the website for arrival and departure times in order to maximize your time at the resort, in which case one night should be adequate for your stay. Pack your own food and picnic supplies. Although coolers are not allowed in the water park, there are small refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms to make cereal, sandwiches, cheese and crackers, etc. all very good choices for breakfast and lunch. The pizza place on site is a great dinner option (18 dollars for a large) and you can call ahead so that your pizza is ready at a specific time. McDonald's and DQ are very close by and may offer another affordable breakfast/dinner option). The Magic quest wand game is long and involved and best for children 8 and up. Consider having your children work as a team to save cost on the wands. The night time story/show is probably best for children 5 and under.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator to avoid kids on magic quests
4  Thank KM_PDX
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was our fourth stay at the park. Check in was simple and easy, the lady that checked us in was very nice and knowledgeable. Our room was on the 1st floor, which I liked, and we had a patio so it was nice to be able to pull the car right up to it and load our things. My children quickly discovered what appeared to be blood on the wall next to one of the beds. I called the front desk and they sent someone from housekeeping to check it out, she quickly went and got her gloves and bleach and cleaned it up. Everything else was very clean. After years of spending way too much money on magic quest I had told my children we were not doing that this trip. The pool area was clean, lines moved fairly quickly and the overall experience in the water park was just as I expected. I will say, use extra caution on the howling tornado. I really like that slide, it’s fun but the second time I went on it this trip we must have caught air/waves and I lost my grip and fell backward and that was no fun.. Just hang on tight. We ate at the buffet (however when we were there before they had a menu you could order from, I hadn’t realized that had changed) and honestly I feel the prices are way too high. You can seriously eat at Disneyland cheaper than the buffet at Great Wolf Lodge. The thing that annoyed me most about it is I paid $18.99 for a buffet for my 11 year old daughter who ate MAYBE $2 worth of food, if that. The food however was good. I just wouldn’t recommend going there for the price you pay. My best advice is to send someone down the street to get fast food. We do enjoy the little treats and ice cream from the snack area near the pool entrance. My advice is if you go there bring your own food and do not waste money on the extras like mini golf, the spa, the arcade or magic quest. Go there to swim!

3  Thank Cecilia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#3 of 10 in Centralia

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!