“Great family getaway!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights here with our 3, 12, 14 & 16 years old. It was nice being able to rest as needed & our older children were able to come & go when we needed to rest with our little one. Additionally, my daughter & I have Celiac disease & their restaurants have delicious gluten free options. We only had one issue with a staff member & that was quickly resolved in a more than fair manner. Other then that one issue, the staff was more than accommodating to our needs. Similar to any resort, pricing is increased accordingly. Regardless, we had a blast & plan to return again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I just spent two nights at the Great Wolf Lodge. My daughters are 7 and 8 and they and a blast. I think the ideal ages for going here are 8-12 years to fully take advantage of all the great activities they have to offer. The water park was really fun, although the wave pool was shut down for a while because of a poop accident and my eyes and respiratory tract were irritated from the chlorine. But safety was a top priority in a very busy place which makes any parent feel a little bit better amid the chaos. The MagicQuest game was awesome and I maxed out my FitBit 2 days in a row trying to keep up with my girls. The new Howlers rope course was also great but not for the faint of heart for anyone with a fear of heights. The room was spacious and well equipped with a fridge and microwave. And bunk beds for our girls. I would strongly suggest bringing your own snacks and beverages for the room. Food was pretty mediocre and our last dinner was almost inedible by all of us. The best bets by far with the pizzas and salads. Lastly, we experienced fantastic service by all the staff members we encountered during our stay. We will return at least once while our children are in the "golden" age for GWL. Recommended, for sure.

Room Tip: Floor 6-8 for quieter floors and ground floor for no elevator waits.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PortMoodygirl
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

3rd time at a GWL. Kids love it. This trip was spent mostly doing MagiQuest. It was a great workout going up and down 5 flights with my kids. I told them no elevators. We did go to the water park, good thing grandpa likes slides, kids couldn't get enough, and I don't do slides. Ate off site for most of the meals as GWL is over priced. But Howling Wolf does good pizza and the spaghetti smelled amazing.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have visited Great Wolf Lodge 3 times- the Dells location twice and recently the Grand Mound, Oregon location. The water park is better than average, but the hotel and overall experience is always disappointing and leaves us feeling that we did not receive reasonable value for the very substantial expense. From the moment you arrive and stand in the long line to check in, the hype begins and continues every minute of your stay. Selling to the children and making parents feel guilty if they don't indulge their children appears to be the business plan. Many attractions do that - some, like the Disney properties do it well (and more subtlety) by providing adults opportunities for enjoyment that reduce the "taken" feeling but many, including Great Wolf, fall far short. Their association with MagiQuest is a gimmick that obviously works for them financially and fills the kid's (and adults) time when the water park isn't open, but can easily add $100 or $150 to the already expensive room/water park admission combo for a small family. On the plus side, the water park is great. They employ and train teenagers to be exceptionally friendly, helpful while keeping the kids safe in the water park. I'll gladly take my grandchildren to a good water park, but I'm hoping that our grandchildren outgrow Great Wolf very soon!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Mike,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Great Wolf Lodge and for staying at our Grand Mound location! We understand that the cost for additional activities can be a point of contention for guests which is why we offer a variety of discounted add-on packages that can be added on prior to arrival. These packages often save guests at least 20% off the regular retail prices! For more information you can visit us online and chat with a live Great Wolf Representative from 8am to 10pm CST.

We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Kids has fun, but between the room cost and the wand game, expensive. For a family of 4 it was $500.00 for one hotel night. Even though they advertise express check-in it is not available when you arrive. We were on the 3rd floor and when we left it took us 30 mins to wait for a free elevator. Not what I expect for the price.

Room Tip: It is fun for the kids but very expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! I am sorry to hear you were unable to take advantage of our online check-in option prior to your arrival. This process must be completed by midnight the day before guests check-in, so it would not be available once you arrive.

If the main bank of elevators is occupied, you can go down to the end of the hall and use the elevator that is available there.

We hope to have your pack back soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 July 2014

So we just got back from GWL, it was ok. The rooms were spotless and extremely clean:). The buffet food wasnt to bad, they make a mean omelette..service was pretty decent.
my older daughter went to the salon last night and got the tiara and sash the girls working were so sweet to her! However my other daughter went to get the same thing this morning before we left and as we entered the girl working said very rudely "come back in an hour! We are closed." I replied "yeah we are leaving in 10mins"..then she said snarkingly "we open at 11!." (Not sure why the door was open and she was helping someone else!!!) She was rude. Not sure if ill ever go back to scoops!
Other then the rude girl at scoops and the burning in my eyes (from the chlorine)when we walked in the water park...it was pretty decent ..we will be going back. (But avoiding scoops! )

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Meghan W
Reviewed 29 July 2014

All 9 of us enjoyed our time at the Lodge. The kids (10, 13, 14 & 16) loved the water slides and spent hours there. In fact, they spent so much time there, they didn't have time for the quests. Our rooms were spacious, and the microwave and fridge were appreciated by the choosier eaters in the group. I would ask for rooms closer to the centre of the hotel next time.

We had the buffet on the first night. If you like buffets, it was great. Lots of selection and something for everyone. I preferred the pizza on the second day. Made to order with a gorgeous crust - mmmm!

Final tip for the next trip - arrive early and stay late to make the most of your time. There are change rooms and lockers, so don't wait until you can get into your room.

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the middle, but not too close to stairwells or elevators. Both are part...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
#3 of 11 in Centralia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!