Peppermill Empress Inn
King Oscar Motel(Centralia)
  • Pool
Relax Inn(Chehalis)
View Hotel
All reviewshard boiled eggscheese sticksinside entryfront deskspacious roomgood sizemt styogurtolder hotelplace to sleepfree breakfastfreewaystopoverportlandmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel was very average if not slightly below...What hotel doesn't have a functioning pool these days?? When we were getting ready to leave the next day, our kids found garbage under the bed that didn't belong to us. :( The breakfast is very minimal, I didn't even eat there. May stay here again, but it probably wouldn't be our first choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our boys had a baseball tournament in Centralia and rooms were hard to find. The Team Mom called and was able to get a block of rooms for us. We were a little leery since the Peppermill wasn't a "name brand" hotel. It is definitely the best in Centralia and I would stay here again anytime. The hotel was previously a Holiday Inn Express, so the rooms are a decent size. What impressed me the most is how clean everything was. I was told later that the housekeeping staff does not have a time limit on how long they can spend cleaning each room and it showed. While the breakfast selection isn't huge, the quality was impressive. I'd rather have good fruit and yogurt than powdered eggs. Each room had a frig and microwave so we were able to take stuff to make sandwiches. There is no pool or fitness center if those are important to you. Internet gets slow when everyone is online in the evening, but overall, this is a great place to stay and an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor so there are no kids running above my head.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

In a place not known for its selection of hotels, the Peppermill Empress is the best of the lot..
Rates are reasonable, the rooms are immaculately clean and in good order. Breakfast selection is better than a muffin and cuppa coffee. It's location is just past the discount mall. Decent restaurants nearby. We've stayed here several times; never a bad experience.
The pool was not available when we stayed (May 31) but I hope this is rectified for summer. You'd have to ask.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped here for our first night after arriving late in Seattle. The PEI is located next to the Interstate 5 between Seattle and Portland and a good start for a trip to Mt. St. Helen. It´s a classic motel with enough parking spaces, free, proper working WiFi and quite spacious room. You have everything you need, TV, fridge, coffeemaker, desk and chairs, AC therefore totally okay for one night. The beds were clean and comfortable and the nearby interstate was just a background noise.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away as possible from the Interstate
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Spent 1 night at the Peppermill, on my way through Washington with kids, and just needing a place to crash. Even for that, this hotel is NOT WORTH IT. Rooms are pretty basic, mattresses have seen better days. Very noisy - could hear hallway conversations clearly. Tiny bathroom with stains and peeling wallpaper.

Worst was the staff. Front desk staff said almost nothing to me when I checked in (no "hi" or "welcome", just "sign here") Housekeeping tried to get into our room at 7am, then came back at 7:30am and pounded on the door until I answered. Why? To ask if we were checking out that morning! No apology for waking my kids. And then I found that same housekeeper working the breakfast buffet - again, no apology, nothing. And finally, when I checked out, the front desk clerk was too busy on the phone and walking to someone else in the office to listen to me - I got a receipt and that's it.

Room Tip: 3rd floor so you don't have to hear people above you
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank physicsmom04
DerrickT38, Manager at Peppermill Empress Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for review, it helps us to address any issues that we can fix to help ensure future guests enjoy their stay with us.

We apologize and are deeply sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory. We will make sure all our staff are talked to. We would like it if you gave us another chance and we would like to offer you a complimentary room night on us. Please contact me by email gm@peppermill-inn.com and we will make this right.

Derrick