We were pleasantly surprised by the service and value we received at the King Oscar in Centralia, WA. We expected a typical motel experience, but quickly discovered they were above average. The rooms were very clean, spacious with large comfortable beds, great parking, and large clean bathrooms. Nice decor, comfortable desk area, welcoming lobby, friendly staff.
Free breakfast (if ya wake up early enough) and easy freeway access. From the east side of the hotel we had NO freeway noise! KOM had well lit parking and outdoor areas with decent foliage.
Overall this was a great stay however the Internet connection at the Kind Oscar is horrible. They do not have Wi-Fi, but instead provide you with a network cable to connect to their in room modems (free of charge) which is inconvenient. Who doesn't have wireless these days? This dinosaur technology took forever to connect.... the connection was slow, and the service was intermittent.
We were also a bit surprised by the level of precaution taken at the time of check in. The clerk took our ID's and made a copy of them, and also would not take cash which was inconvenient. What do they need a color copy of my ID for.... seemed strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the freeway, close to resturants,outlet shopping, Lucky Eagle Casino, and The Great Wolf Lodge,and youth sports arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your King Oscar Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King Oscar Hotel Centralia
- King Oscar Motel Centralia, Washington