Needed a place to stay for a night on a roadtrip on the left coast, and wanted a stop not too far away from Seattle. Found the King Oscar in a coupon magazine picked up down the road and decided to give it a chance due to its low price. One night - how bad can it be?
The answer is not bad at all, in fact it was really good, especially considering the low price. Comfortable and clean rooms, good laundry facilities and for the kids - an indoor pool! On top of this the receptionist was wonderful, very helpful and pleasant.
Location is just off of I5, but far enough so you won't be bothered by traffic sounds, at least not on the east side of the motel. Neighborhood seemed a little rough when arriving after dark, but in daylight you realize it's quite alright. Motel is situated right next to a cluster of outlet stores, so if you're into that sort of thing you may want to hang around and explore. We pressed on towards Seattle, which is another hour or so north.
The continental breakfast is what you'd expect for the price, but will keep you going.
All in all a better than expected experience. Dont be scared off by the looks of the place. Would definitively stop there again should the opportunity occur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the freeway, close to resturants,outlet shopping, Lucky Eagle Casino, and The Great Wolf Lodge,and youth sports arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your King Oscar Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King Oscar Hotel Centralia
- King Oscar Motel Centralia, Washington