“Best choice on the way between Seattle and Portland”
Review of King Oscar Motel

King Oscar Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

No problem with this motel, spacious clean rooms and beds, fully equiped with micro, refrigator and coffee maker. They have a very good breakfast. The hot bath after the long drive was just great (had no problem with hot water, maybe the new management solved the problems). The motel is close to the highway, so some rooms might be more noisy, but the price beats it all. No wi-fi, only cable connection but (they will give you the cable at the reception).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Blodenwedd

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Would not recommend. Stayed here for one night then had to leave and find a different hotel and I ended up staying at Ferrymans. No hot water for showers, the pool and spa was a joke, just not worth it. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emilyfaithh
Reviewed 16 March 2013

No hot water for a shower and their response was they don't have it either. Hot tub busted, ice machine busted, no towels in pool or chairs to sit in at the pool and toilet wouldn't flush. Billed my card twice then when I told them they had to fax my bank so I could feed my kid they said they wouldn't do it until management signed it and they didn't care that my bank was closing! AND THIS WAS THE NEW MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tayterbug22
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Went way beyond the good service to customers. We had a great time the whole time we were there. Pool warm and Spa great..............Breakfast was fun with a lot of new friends to share stories with. Disabled rooms great with super fantastic bathrooms. Other friends who stayed there were very happy, also.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

An older motel close to the highway - heavy door and use of the fan drowned out the noise. Dated but clean room. Some carpet and upholstery spots prompted me to check under the sheets; all was clean there. Big bathroom for a motel. The internet access was limited to ethernet, although the gals at the desk seemed to think they had wi-fi. Surprised to have breakfast for $47.00 nightly. Would stay here again - but I am one for a value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just checked in at the King Oscar for one night on the way to the Olympic peninsula. At less than 50 bucks before tax, I am pleased. The nonsmoking room is clean and features a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It has a tub as well as a shower. My laptop doesn't seem to see the internet, but I have my own wifi so that won't be a problem for me. I didn't bother to call the front desk about it. At first blush, the bed feels comfy - I hate a hard bed. It's pretty quiet, too. The tv is an old one, but I don't care. Lots of channels. We'll see if someone keeps me awake by dancing around overhead tonight. Overall I'm pleased and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and i travel often, have stayed in all types of hotels, but this one was one of the WORST!.
First they don't have online booking,
2.sign on desk saying internet was down
3.address we had is not same as where we ended up.
4. both pool/and spa? what ever they call the spa was broken.
5. No internet access. Had signs for both at counter as we checked in. Makes me wonder since they didn't have online booking or email me my conformation number if they really don't have internet, even tho they say they do.
6. Room bowled me over from smell of cleaning products when we opend the door.

On the positive side, breakfast was ok, and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kdnytransplant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#3 of 10 in Centralia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Centralia

Been to King Oscar Motel? Share your experiences!