“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
Brier
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have driven pastthis motel several times, electing to stay elseware. But a long day on the road and an "Under New Management" inspired us to check it out.
Lots of new paint, and acceptance of an online coupon they didn't know they had, gave
us a great rate on an excellent room.
Great pool and hot tub. Nice continental bf in the morning made our stay great.

Room Tip: A little hard to find the main entance but worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This motel was just what we were looking for on our car trip. Basic, clean, affordable. The room was clean, had a nice big king bed, Fridge and Microwave. Plenty of towels. Free wi-fi.
Breakfast was decent. Very similar to other places, waffles, cereals, baked goods. Coffee was a little weak. It is close to the freeway, so you won't be sleeping with the window open if you need quiet. AC worked well though.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is walk-up so keep that in mind.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We chose the King Oscar for its location. It was the right choice for many more reasons. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was spacious, clean, and quiet (in spite of the fact that the motel had a high occupancy). There was a TV, microwave, and refrigerator in the room; and the bed was comfortable. It's also pet friendly (a big plus for us and our Brittany Spaniel). The free (fast) wi-fi was also a pleasant surprise (we've stayed at plenty of prime hotels where, in spite of what you pay for overpriced accommodations, you have to pay extra for wi-fi!). The free breakfast wasn't expansive, but certainly sufficient; with juice, coffee, waffles, a choice of cereals, and a selection of bread, English muffins, and bagels.

We will certainly stay here again if our travels bring us back this way.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lyonsaw
Seattle
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I travel to the Centralia area several times a year. I have been staying at the Best Western just down the road a few miles, but switched to the K.O. on the advice of others. After staying there this past weekend, I BY FAR prefer the King Oscar. I would give the plushness edge to Best Western, but King Oscar is more than adequate for me. My room was very clean, the bed and furniture was comfortable, and the room was just spacious enough to make me feel at home. Free WiFi, free continental breakfast (although I didn't try that), and a very friendly staff makes this my new home away from home when I travel through the area. I train frequently at the Seattle Firearms Academy about 30 minutes away. The K.O. is "firearms friendly", and a real plus for me is to able to park in close proximity of my room, with no lobby to have to drag all my gear through. Another real bonus is that the K.O. honors a special rate for FAS students. They have two sides to the motel, one that sits parallel to I-5, and one behind that one. Keep that in mind if freeway noise bothers you.

Each room has a small refer, microwave and micro coffee pot. The TV was modern and you get 70+ channels and free HBO. I did not see a hair dryer in my bathroom.

In summary, you'll find a well kept, clean and adequate "home away from home" if you give the K.O. a try.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank sdhyde
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My party of four staied there on the way back to Seattle from Portland. We found this hotel and hestitated a little bit due to the bad reviews here. But after the stay, I can say it is a worthy motel that I highly recommend it. The reception was very nice giving us a free post cardand the pool and spa are clean. The room is great with the price as well. We do enjoy the stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 May 2013

No problem with this motel, spacious clean rooms and beds, fully equiped with micro, refrigator and coffee maker. They have a very good breakfast. The hot bath after the long drive was just great (had no problem with hot water, maybe the new management solved the problems). The motel is close to the highway, so some rooms might be more noisy, but the price beats it all. No wi-fi, only cable connection but (they will give you the cable at the reception).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Blodenwedd
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Would not recommend. Stayed here for one night then had to leave and find a different hotel and I ended up staying at Ferrymans. No hot water for showers, the pool and spa was a joke, just not worth it. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Emilyfaithh

Travellers are raving about these Centralia hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#3 of 11 in Centralia
Motel 6 Centralia
Motel 6 Centralia
#8 of 11 in Centralia

Been to King Oscar Motel? Share your experiences!