“Not worth the cheap rate”

Travelodge Centralia
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
Centralia
“Not worth the cheap rate”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spiders and bugs all over the beds in our "clean room", not enough staff to fill requests, pool broken.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sedro Woolley, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Room smelled. Pool didn't seem to filter. It was cloudy and couldn't see the bottom. We skimmed out hair, band aids and cigarette butts and made our kids shower after going in it. They messed up our paperwork and tried to make us check out after our first night. Not impressed.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

If I could give this place negative stars I would. The room was in terrible shape, the walls were all marked up. The bathtub and bathroom floor were filthy, the toilet was at least 25 years old or older. The water pressure was horrid, and the toilet was very low flow and took forever to flush. As a result of the low flow, the toilet overflowed and I told the general manager about it. He didn't offer to help, just asked if I'd turned the water off. I told him it had significantly overflowed. An inch of water on the floor, I was going to need towels or a mop. He handed me the plunger and towels and I had to do it myself. The towels didn't make a dent in it, so I went back and told him it needed mopping. It took them 15 minutes to find the mop, clearly they don't use it very often to clean the bathroom floors, and sent it down to my room and I had to mop it myself. What kind of manager allows the customer to mop up the bathroom in their own motel room, which was clearly caused by the outdated toilet and water flow.

When I went to check out the manager refused to give me back the copy of my credit card and driver's license. He said he keeps them on file for 30 days and then shreds them. In today's' identity theft environment and having two credit cards opened in my husband's name without our knowledge, I was not happy about that and pretty disgusted with the place after the toilet debacle. I got the police involved. He says he has to keep the copies of the credit cards because people stay and then refuse charges on their cards. I can understand why they do, because this place is a dump and they don't care about their customers. Imagine if the place was cleaned up and they had a pleasant experience. I even called Customer Care at Travelodge Corporate and talked to Jim, who could've really cared less about helping me. He sent the manager an email telling him to return the copy to me and the manager refused, said he didn't have to follow what corporate said. I had to cancel my credit card.

If you decide to stay here and have any problems don't count on any help and you can't count on their corporate to care, either. If you look at the reviews of this place on Travelodge's own website it's not good at all. Not sure why companies allow franchisees like this to sully their name. I won't be staying at a Travelodge ever again because of this experience, and you shouldn't, either.

Centralia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I expected more for $100 a nite - I was going to stay 2 nites but after 1 nite I decided to move to another hotel - room was filthy - barf alongside the nightstand and on the carpet - lots of bugs in the light above the sink - burnt and dirty carpet throughout - I contacted the front desk about it and they told me i should speak to the manager the next morning - which I did - when I addressed the problems his explaination was "we just put new carpet in" and "we clean the light fixtures all the time" and offered nothing in rate reduction and decided it was better for him to argue with me - I never met a manager who refuses to solve the problem and preferred to argue with the customer - I have stayed in Travelodges before but was by all means the worse one yet - I will not be staying at another one again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#8 of 11 in Centralia
Lakeview Inn Centralia
Lakeview Inn Centralia
#7 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Travelodge Centralia? Share your experiences!