“Nice Holiday Inn Express, easy access, pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“Nice Holiday Inn Express, easy access, pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We spent 3 nights here while exploring the area's natural wonders. The hotel is clean, quiet, amazingly busy, and proved to be a nice base for our adventures. The staff was courteous and helpful, the rooms were nice (as one expects from newer Holiday Inn sites) and everything worked as it should. No problems, will stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here 1 night after driving from SEATAC airport to Mount St Helen's and spending the day in Mount St Helen's. The hotel was easy to find, parking was free, the room was a good size, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom clean, the staff friendly and accommodating. The swimming pool area was overheated and breakfast left a bit to be desired, but all in all, a very pleasant stay particularly after a long day. Unexpectedly, the route to Mt Ranier off of Interstate 5 was only a few miles down the road, so we went via Mt Ranier back to Seattle the next day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Staff was great , Nice room for a one night stop over others in area are questionable,
Outlet Mall, Casino a couple of exits up.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed 5 nights here. We usually (or used to) stayed at the King Oscar which is a few miles north when we were in this area; but I decided not to stay at the KO unless I see some remodeling/improvement. So we ventured to this HIE for the first time.
Everything was perfect except for the infamous train noise. It didn’t make us crazy though. As long as the window is shut, it won’t wake you up. If you leave the window open, you probably won’t be able to sleep and you will wake up if you happened to fall in sleep between the train runs. The train runs rather often; with the busiest, every 30 minutes - day or night. It was not a deal breaker for us but I can understand that for some it will be a major irritant.
The in room microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker were clean and in good condition. I couldn’t figure out how to use the AM/FM/MP3 apparatus (built in alarm worked fine) but I didn’t care much. There was no bath tub; just a shower with good water pressure.
Breakfast was served punctually; when I was there at 6 am, hot food was hot and cold food was cold all ready to go. The counter and tables were all clean and spacious. They even offered real tableware and I like that.
The week we stayed, there were several Red Cross and Washington State Department of Transportation staff staying there and the hotel was busy. I heard a front desk staff answering the phone and telling the caller there was no vacancy.
Even with that rather constant train noise, this hotel will be our favorite in this area from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
tchaput, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis. It is our goal to take care of every guests needs with prompt and friendly service. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice in the area and we look forward to seeing you again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I have really enjoyed the HI Express on this trip (3 stays this trip). I stayed twice in sandpoint and once in chehalis. Good breakfast, clean rooms , my only complaint for the Chehalis HI is the lack of suites for families. They did however include a rollaway at no charge. We were charged for a rollaway at other hotels on this trip.

Room Tip: I now check for a holiday inn express at each stop on my trip. For a family the cost of going out fo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
tchaput, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Greeting from Chehalis. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We pride ourselves with prompt and friendly service and pay extra attention to the cleanliness of our rooms. As stated, our suites are "mini suites" and not the best for a family looking for for a one or two room option. I am glad that the rollaway worked for you though. Hope to see you again in the future on your next trip to the area.

Cordially,

Rancho Cucamonga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Ok, in the middle of a Po-dunk town this is like a 5 star resort. It's not compared to a large city, but very nice. NEW, Clean, flat screen tv, comfy beds, nicely decorated, modern and contemporary. We went here on our way from Seattle to Mt. St Helens. I was very disappointed from our trip to the volcano, so we went on to Portland and Vancouver, WA to see the sites, eat and such. Its a nice break on the way back North, but certainly no destination. Small indoor pool with jacuzzi. Jacuzzi was luke warm at best, and low water level. The pool was cool, but not cold, so the whole experience was blah.

Room Tip: Seattle is just over an hour or so away North and Portland to the South as well.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis. Sorry that your trip to Mt St Helens didn't turn out, but I am glad we could offer a quick respite for you as you were heading back north. I am sorry about the jacuzzi. We were having some temperature control issues that have now been addressed. I appreciate the kind words concerning our amenities and service. Our first and only goal is to ensure our customers satisfaction. Thank you again.

General manager
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I spent an unexpected night in Chehalis in early June while my car was being repaired, and the staff here were very friendly and accommodating, in addition to being sympathetic to my car troubles :)

The room I was in was spacious and comfortable, with both a fridge and a microwave, which always come in handy. I enjoyed having a desk with a comfortable swivel chair, and an ethernet cable for broadband access, as well as a good WiFi signal. The night I spent was quiet and restful, with no train noises that I could detect.

The morning continental breakfast was as expected, and I appreciated the noon checkout time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hello from Chehalis. I trust that your car troubles are behind you. I appreciate your remarks about our service and room amenities. We strive to accomodate every guests needs with sincerity and it shows in our service. If you are ever in the Chehalis area again, please stop in but hopefully it will be under better circumstances. Have a wonderful day.

Todd Chaput
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Chehalis
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia? Share your experiences!