“Pretty good overall”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint-Lazare-de-Bellechasse, Canada
“Pretty good overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for a number of nights over the last years. Everything is typically ok. One thing to remember is to ask for a room on a front side, because the trains run behind the hotel, and there can be many of them each night blowing their whistles VERY loud.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Finn1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our crew stayed at Holiday Inn Express Chehalis while doing some work. Very nice, very comfortable and up to date. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The pool is great with a hot tub and separate shower room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Todd C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Greetings from Chehalis:

Happy to hear your experience with us was a good one. Everything starts and ends with the staff and it is our goal to offer friendly and accommodating service to everyone that walks through our door. You have many choices when it comes to lodging and I appreciate you choosing us. Hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My work requires 200+ hotel nights annually. For value and quality, my hotel of choice has become Holiday Inn Express. That said, I would very highly recommend the Chehalis, Washington Holiday Inn Express. It from their helpful, friendly staff to the modern, clean and well kept and equipped room, this hotel is not only a great value, but a restful and welcome respite for a weary traveler !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Emmett, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I needed a late-night place to get off the road and picked the HIE of Chehalis - Centralia. I'm glad I did as the front staff were welcoming and efficient. I got to my room and everything was in order, clean and comfortable. In the AM, I could smell the breakfast as I was just down the hall near the meeting rooms. There was an early-morning event, which I could hear faintly, but did not disturb me. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. The HIE of Chehalis - Centralia is a great choice for a night's rest. Most local eateries are one exit to the north, about a 5 minute drive. Give them a try.

Room Tip: The rooms adjacent to the meeting rooms are quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Coos Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

When traveling with dogs, Holiday Inn Express is a home away from home for us all, so going
through Washington State and stopping in the town of Chehalis we were glad there was an
Holidog Inn Express. The standard was like it is in most of the towns we have been to; a nice
suite, good beds and plenty of pillows, sofa chairs, refrigerator (important !), microwave for those who needs one.
We do appreciate their breakfast in the morning which saves us from a stop on
the road and it is more than sufficient. Being in a town we had not expected much of a view, and right aross the street was an agriculture plant, making fertilizer perhaps. We also saw a train a few blocks away, and heard it too. We just pretended to be Hank Reardon and Dagny
Taggart and all was well. Outside the hotel was plenty of green areas to walk the dogs. Some
Holidog Inns have the dog rooms on the first floor, which is convenient, but here they were on the third floor. Oh, well, the dogs get a thrill out of the elevator where their favorite creatures -
people - often join them in close, so that's ok too.
Keep it up, all Holidog Inns, we all love you !

Room Tip: In the back you hear the trains more,so if that bothers you get a front room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trude B
Todd C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hello from Chehalis! Glad to hear that both you and your dogs were happy. As more and more people travel with their pets, I feel it is important for hotels to be more accommodating. We do have a couple of pet rooms on the first floor, but they are limited in room types and I think all dogs enjoy the elevator ride. Thanks again for the kind comments and we look forward to seeing you and your dog the next time you are in the area.

Arlington, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our room was clean and very nice looking too. our bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Because of the reviews on here we were sure to ask for top floor front of the building. It was quiet. It was a weekday morning so come around 6am you could faintly hear freeway traffic but it was not enough to keep me awake. We did notice some creaky floors in our room and hallway so I am glad we were on the top floor. We visited the pool and hot tub. It was clean and comfortable but that room sure gets loud with echoes of kids playing in the pool. Breakfast was great! We had biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, muffins, cereal, yogurt, milk... between us and our kids.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LDSmomof3
Hello to our guests from Arlington. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to offer a great product with friendly service at a fair price. For some of our guests, noise can be an issue and am relieved that you did not have any noise issues. You are correct in that the pool area does get loud though. I will make sure to let our breakfast attendants know that you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope to see you and your family the next time you are in the area. Have a wonderful day.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was here due to a work project and I'm honestly not sure how many other lodging options are in the area. When my client booked the reservations I figured "sure, it's fine". Well, it's MORE than fine. All brand-spanking new, or least it appears to be and is kept up impeccably. Lots of options for the free breakfast in the morning- way more than at other Express Suites I've stayed at. I don't think my business will bring me back to Chehalis again, but if you're looking for an overnight spot in the area- don't hesitate, it's an A+.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelly P
Todd C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Greetings From Chehalis. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer the best possible service and a quality product at a fair price. All of this starts and ends with the staff. We have the best staff and they will continue to maintain the quality and standards you experienced during your stay. Hope to see you in back in the NW and thank you for you kind and thoughtful comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Chehalis
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia? Share your experiences!