“Desperately needs new windows” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Chehalis - Centralia

Econo Lodge Chehalis - Centralia
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
Shoreline, Washington, United States
“Desperately needs new windows”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in a bottom level room facing Interstate Avenue. The room's interior was very nice, very clean, and everything worked. (There is no hair dryer.) We noticed a lot of outside noise coming in from the window and upon closer inspection noticed a nearly 1-inch gap in the center where the two panes of glass would normally connect and latch closed. The latch was missing, but they placed a wooden piece in the track in order to secure the window. We looked around at the other rooms and noticed they all have this problem. We used tissue paper to seal the gap (to at least keep out bugs, but did nothing to block out noise.) The property needs to have these windows replaced ASAP. Otherwise, a decent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary S, Manager at Econo Lodge Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I do apologize for the noise from the freeway, our windows are certainly not double-paned or soundproof. It is a(nother) remodeling task we have to accomplish.

Otherwise, I'm glad you found everything satisfactory. Should you decide to stay with us again, just know we have hairdryers available upon request at the front desk. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

NO SCROLL on the TV so one must click thru all the channels each 1/2 hour to see whats on. What a pain that is when one is tired. Jay at the front desk is a great host, we had an excellent nights sleep there. the ice machine worked and there was a small mini fridge and microwave in the room as a standard amenity. Kit Carson diner is a walk across the hwy. but we skipped it as the motelk breakfast was ample.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Westport WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband, a truck driver, finally had a trip to the Western side of WA so I went to meet him for the night in Chehalis. The rate was reasonable to begin with and since my husband drives truck I was given the trucker's discount. I work at a pretty nice hotel on the WA coast so am quite picky. For a hotel right off the freeway this is a good value. The front desk agent was friendly and welcoming, well trained. The room was cozy, I loved the tile in the bathroom. The only negative I have for the Chehalis Inn is that, in my opinion, the housekeeping staff needs some better training. The beds and bedding were clean, the bathroom was clean but all of the little things were neglected....garbage on the floor just under the edge of the bed (you did not need to bend down to see it) this made me do a closer inspection. Behind the night stand there was a good amount of garbage, we are smokers so were in a smoking room yet one of the drawers had piles of ashes in it and a pair of pants in another drawer, the edges of the room and under the heater and dresser had not been vacuumed in some time. Since it is October the pool was not open. We did not have the breakfast. All in all for a small hotel right off the interstate this is a good value but if the manager reads this, please train your housekeepers, the little things make a HUGE difference to a lot of guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Clean room and comfortable bed. Breakfast was small and not much choice, and overall not comparable to any other that offers breakfast. In the morning you have noise, pretty loud from people warming up their trucks, not big rigs, but diesel work trucks. So don't plan on sleeping past 7 am.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Sunnyside, Wash.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

The Chehalis Inn has a reasonable price ($39 a night), but I would never stay there again. We had put in a hard day traveling and at events. When we finally got to the inn at 9:30 p.m., I was exhausted and quickly fell asleep. But at about 2 a.m., I woke up with a stiff back. I could not get comfortable. The one pillow was as soft as a sack of flour. The bed was really hard, and lumpy. I never got comfortable that night, and I finally got up at about 6 a.m. On closer examination, it appeared that they used two box springs instead of a soft mattress. You could feel the springs just below a thin padding. I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car. It didn't help that a crazy woman was screaming outside during the night, and there were loose dogs. The room was clean but tiny. The breakfast bar was skimpy, with some donuts and just one pancake cooker. There was a line of ravenous 20-somethings ready to eat. It took some 15 minutes to get one pancake. We won't be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Chehalis hotels

Pleasanton, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was worried about this hotel because it was so reasonable. The rooms were clean and had mini refrigerators. The hotel staff was friendly and they had a decent continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying here. Over all we were very pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Janice H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'am a Professional Tourist ( Driver) & I 've stayed at a few places, the Chehalis Inn is one of the better ones. Staff are Freindly, Helpful. I know that the next time that I need a room in this area, that I will be staying here. So if you're needing a room in the Chehalis Wa area I reccomend you give the Chehalis Inn a try,I don't think that you will be disappointed. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Shawnacee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Chehalis
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#2 of 10 in Centralia

Been to Econo Lodge Chehalis - Centralia? Share your experiences!